2019 - 2020 projector releases ?

4 hours ago, :) al said:

yep I cant see n5 staying up there....

I can only imagine a n3 in the future ... though not sure if it will be 2019 :)

True, but... amongst the native 4K consumer projectors on the market the N5 competes relatively well (on paper) with the Sony VPL-VW570ES which is likely to be around $15-16K rrp (although Sony may realise the competition is steep this year and cut back pricing to around $12K). The VPL-VW270ES is completely trounced by the N5 imo. And I like to think that the N5 will retail at, after dealer discounts, around $7-8K. Time will tell. I still think the N7, although not cheap,  will be the sweet spot amongst the new native 4K JVC projectors...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, :) al said:

yep as per OZHDHT from his jvc pro contact he quotes RRP as  ? 

Just MSRP(RRP) released to date:

DLA N5 $ 9;399.00

DLA N7 $ 11,999.00

DLA N9 $ 26,799.00

Although I would love to get a laser projector, the NX9 just doesn't appear to represent good value for money... Although compared to the Z1 it is.

I think with their new 4K native projectors JVC is trying to realign themselves with Sony pricing. This may not go well for them... 

• Like 1

True, but... amongst the native 4K consumer projectors on the market the N5 competes relatively well (on paper) with the Sony VPL-VW570ES which is likely to be around $15-16K rrp (although Sony may realise the competition is steep this year and cut back pricing to around $12K). The VPL-VW270ES is completely trounced by the N5 imo. And I like to think that the N5 will retail at, after dealer discounts, around $7-8K. Time will tell. I still think the N7, although not cheap,  will be the sweet spot amongst the new native 4K JVC projectors...
I almost wonder if the N5 will be the sweet spot. Aren't the big differences between the N5 and the N7 contrast, very slight lumen increase and the filter? I wonder if people will want the filter considering the light loss?
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, flamjam said:
58 minutes ago, Davo1972 said:

I almost wonder if the N5 will be the sweet spot. Aren't the big differences between the N5 and the N7 contrast, very slight lumen increase and the filter? I wonder if people will want the filter considering the light loss?

The N5 may very well be, especially at a discounted rrp (although I still think $9.5K rrp is too high), but with the dual irises and the DCI-P3 filter (especially if you have a small screen and can afford to lose the lumens) I think the N7 may have the edge. The reviews will tell. I've ordered an N7 anyway, and won't change ? (yeah, call me biased ?)

Edited by Davo1972
  • Like 1

The N5 may very well be, especially at a discounted rrp (although I still think $9.5K rrp is too high), but with the dual irises and the DCI-P3 filter i think the N7 may have the edge. The reviews will tell. I've ordered an N7 anyway, and won't change [emoji4] (yeah, call me biased [emoji6])

Fair call on the dual iris.

I just bought an x9900 (first pj) so I am out this round.

Sure you will love the N7. Sounds like it's going to be a great unit!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, :) al said:

DLA N9 $ 26,799.00

USA pricing will probably be higher than  Australia's based on past experience.    JVC Z1 is  AU $49k in the USA and Sony 760ES is AU$35k over there.   And that is before state sales taxes are added. 

2 hours ago, Davo1972 said:

Although I would love to get a laser projector, the NX9 just doesn't appear to represent good value for money... Although compared to the Z1 it is.

I think with their new 4K native projectors JVC is trying to realign themselves with Sony pricing. This may not go well for them... 

The NX9 is being overpriced here.  Same goes for the N5 locally.  The only one currently *near* the ballpark is the NX7 here at $11,999.

12 minutes ago, Tasso said:

USA pricing will probably be higher than  Australia's based on past experience.  

JVC USA pricing for the NX9 is $17,999 USD.  USA preordering price for the RS3000/NX9 is substantially cheaper.

570es is going to be 10k. That I was told by westcoast
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, franin said:
10 hours ago, Davo1972 said:

570es is going to be 10k. That I was told by westcoast

That is a very competitive price for the sony if the case :)

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, :) al said:

That is a very competitive price for the sony if the case :)

Agree, that's a great price, looks like Sony are taking the fight to JVC this time 'round. Gotta love competition. I wonder what the discounting will be like for the VPL-VW550ES and N7...

A quick check of retail prices for the VPL-VW570ES in Europe and the UK reveal it's priced a little lower than the N7, so around $10-11K RRP for it in Australia doesn't seem out of the realms of possibility.

How dark would you be if you paid full RRP for a VPL-VW550ES  (around $15-16K) 12-18 months ago! ?

• Like 2

10 hours ago, flamjam said:

By all accounts the X9900 is an awesome projector and is better than the N7 in a number of ways (contrast being the big one). Congrats on your purchase and enjoy in good health! ?

Edited by Davo1972
  • Like 2

Hope so, will have to wait for reviews. I’m happy enough to stick out this round also with my x9900. It’s tempting but I don’t let my money [emoji383] go anywhere without seeing.
  • Like 1

By all accounts the X9900 is an awesome projector and is better than the N7 in a number of ways (contrast being the big one). Congrats on your purchase and enjoy in good health! [emoji4]

A number of ways?

Other than native contrast, what?

5 minutes ago, Javs said:

A number of ways?

Other than native contrast, what?

Hand picked parts? Less light loss with the DCI_P3 filter?

Edited by Davo1972

Hand picked parts?

The new model lens is now made at a different factory and QC is far tighter, so... Not really the case mate. You think of the new lenses as all being hand picked essentially since each one should outperform the old models. 

Also I had two very bad sample 9900's in a row , both lenses horribly inferior to my 9500, so the hand picked thing is thrown out the window as far as I am concerned.

• Like 1

Just now, Javs said:

The new model lens is now made at a different factory and QC is far tighter, so... Not really the case mate. You think of the new lenses as all being hand picked essentially since each one should outperform the old models.

Also I had two very bad sample 9900's in a row so, the hand picked thing is thrown out the window as far as I am concerned.

Fair call. I hope the QC is good on the lens elements in the N5/7.

Fair call. I hope the QC is good on the lens elements in the N5/7.
I will honestly be quite happy if the lens is at least as good as my 9500 sample, even better if every single customer gets a lens like that.

The thing I keep hearing is these new models are sharp all over the screen not just in the middle. That's what we all need.
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, kitschcamp said:

Or give them the numbers to aim for ;) 

looking at Sony's pricing the 570ES looks line balled with the n7 projected price

but 270ES is clearly under cutting the n5. Jvc WILL have to do something about this ... no matter how much better they think the n5 is than the 270ES 

most consumers will just go to the shop and want a 4k projector and buy the cheaper 270ES....probably without a haggle even... 

the sony is likely to be bundled in a lot more systems too... just like the optoma 4k I see is... never mind projectors like the epson 9300 and jvc 5900 do a better job ....

• Like 5

looking at Sony's pricing the 570ES looks line balled with the n7 projected price

but 270ES is clearly under cutting the n5. Jvc WILL have to do something about this ... no matter how much better they think the n5 is than the 270ES 

most consumers will just go to the shop and want a 4k projector and buy the cheaper 270ES....probably without a haggle even... 

the sony is likely to be bundled in a lot more systems too... just like the optoma 4k I see is... never mind projectors like the epson 9300 and jvc 5900 do a better job ....
I think we are on the same thread on whingepool!! I don't know why anyone would look at the optoma when the pricing for the 9300 and 5900 is so reasonable
  • Like 1

Oddly enough, if talking about the Optoma UHD65, dare I say I actually quite liked it for its pricepoint and what I witnessed when I saw it instore at a local West Coast Hifi.

Didn't have lense memory or anything but picture wise I actually thought it was better than the Epson 9300. It was ages ago now so can't explain it, but I remember leaving the store at the time thinking hmmm... Optoma hey?

Anyway, in keeping with the "2019" aspect of this thread, it really does seem like the N7 is the only "decently" priced one (IMO of course). I wish JVC all the success with it!