Upgrade Program for EMM Labs & Meitner
Announced by high end manufacturer EMM Labs / Meitner at the recent Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas is a 'V2' of the highly popular MA-1 and DAC2X DACs.
Using technology developed in our flagship DA2, EMM Labs and Meitner Audio has once again updated both our multi-award winning DACs the Meitner Audio MA-1 DAC and EMM Labs DAC2X. The updates provide a huge improvement in transparency, accuracy and overall sound quality.
The V2 versions of these DACs is said to include:
- MDAC™ in both platforms are now fully discrete DSD512/8xDSD D/A converters completely built in-house at our manufacturing facility in Canada
- Our multi-award winning MDAT2™ DSP has also been refined and updated to synergistically work with the new 8xDSD MDAC™. The new MDAT2™ DSP does real-time transient detection, processing and up-conversion of all incoming audio, PCM and DSD, before sending it to the new MDAC™
- Our DSD audio signal path has been re-designed allowing for further enhancements in transparency during the DSD to Analog conversion process
- Proprietary hardware galvanic isolation for the USB Audio interface
- Support for DSD128/2xDSD and DXD streaming via USB Audio
- Support for DSD (DoP) streaming via TOSLINK, SPDIF and AES
The good news for existing MA-1 or DAC2X owners is that V1 versions can be updated for a fraction of the cost of a new DAC. Either DAC can be upgraded for $2600 AUD via the Australian distributor.
Warwick Freemantle of Pure Music Group, the Australian distributor of EMM Labs / Meitner, added:
The V2 unit's performance is immediately noticeable and not subtle. It’s quite a big jump in performance from the standard MA-1 and DAC2X to the V2 version.
EMM Labs / Meitner MA-1 and DAC2X are available now via Specialist Dealers.