Simaudio Moon 430HA Headphone Amplifier
The Moon series of products from Canadian manufacturer Simaudio has been highly regarded by press and enthusiasts since the early 80s. New for 2015, is the release of the 430HA, a headphone amplifier that could be considered a genuine “tour de force” loaded with numerous state-of-the-art features.
430HA is a fully balanced, pure analog amplifier using a discrete transconductance circuit topology, selectable gain setting (14 or 20dB), an oversized power supply and a defeatable analog crossfeed circuit. Rated at 667mW at 600 ohms and 8W at 50 ohms, the Neo 430HA will effortlessly drive any headphone to its full potential.
Borrowing various technologies from Moon's higher end Evolution series (M-LoVo, M-eVOL2) while incorporating the most advanced analog audio circuitry, the 430HA will achieve the very best possible sonic performance from your headphones. The optional DSD256 and 32-bit PCM capable DAC can be used with virtually any digital source such as computer for streaming music, satellite TV receiver or Blu-Ray player, offering the same fidelity as your music system.
Simaudio proudly states the 430HA is the new reference for headphone amplification and is destined to create a whole new set of standards for performance.
- Inputs include 1 balanced on XLR’s, 2 single-ended on RCA’s and 1 single-ended on 1/8” jack located on the front panel.
- Outputs include a pair of 3-pin XLR and one 4-Pin XLR located on the front panel behind a sliding window, a ¼” TRS jack, as well as both fixed and variable single-ended line-level RCA stereo pairs.
- 4 stages of our own M-LoVo (MOON Low Voltage) DC regulation circuit to significantly lower the noise floor.
- M-eVOL2 volume control with 530 steps and channel matching of 0.1dB.
- Optional fully asynchronous DAC with 4 digital inputs (S/PDIF x 2, TosLink x 1 & USB x 1) allowing for use with virtually any digital source;
Supports DSD64, DSD128 and DSD256 (USB input only); Supports PCM up to 24/192kHz (all inputs) and 32/384kHz (USB input only).
Simaudio Moon 430HA is available now for $3,595 RRP, with optional DAC additional $895.
Three colour options are available, Black, Silver, and 2-Tone.
Simaudio Moon is distributed in Australia by Entertaining Environments.