Sennheiser HD 800 - Handcrafted German Perfection
German engineering carries a reputation of fine workmanship, and Sennheiser's HD 800 carry that badge with honour. These open, circum-aural dynamic stereo headphones redefine what reference-level audio is all about.
Incorporating Sennheiser’s most advanced driver technology, along with materials ranging from micro-fiber on the ear cups to thin wire mesh on the ear cup surrounds, and stainless steel for the transducer casing, HD 800 is no compromise. While all this may increase the weight of the HD 800 to 330 grams, the result is a benchmark reference in audio reproduction.
According to Sennheiser, “The earpads are handcrafted from a high-quality microfiber fabric. This material is extremely comfortable to wear and easy to maintain. The headband and headphone mounting utilises the most advanced development from the aerospace industry. In terms of connectivity, these headphones utilise specially-designed, four-wire, high-performance connections with Teflon insulation.”
- Open, circum-aural dynamic stereo headphones
- Natural hearing experience - realistic and natural sound field with minimal resonance
- Biggest transducers ever used in headphones up to today - new innovative dynamic transducer design
- Uncovered earcups for acoustic and stylistic reasons
- Handcrafted ear pads, made of high-quality microfiber fabric
- Metal headband with inner damping element
- Specially tuned symmetrical, impedance matching cable with low capacitance
- Special high precision headphone connectors
- 2 year warranty
Sennheiser HD 800 are available now from Sennheiser retail outlets, with a suggested RRP of $1,699.95