Rocking Your Box
There are media players and then there is Strong’s High Definition Rock-Box.
Offered in both Dual and Quad Core formats, Strong says its Rock-Box promises to be the ultimate media player. After playing with our sample, we can say its good. Very good.
Rock-Box has built-in WiFi as well as LAN connection, a full web browser, Android apps and Widgets, file sharing via DLNA, video streaming and multimedia playback.
The feature list is long and includes:
- Play HD movies, music and photos on your HD TV
- Dual and Quad Core versions with Android operating system
- Access Google Playstore for apps, games movies etc
- Connects to RJ45 LAN and any other LAN enabled devices, ideal for NAS multimedia systems
- Has a rotatable, non-detachable WiFi antenna
- Watch multimedia file via USB or Micro SD card, plays virtually any file format
- Suitable for XBMC and other media apps
- 1GB or 2GB RAM, with 8GB or 16GB storage versions
- Built-in Bluetooth and microphone, great for Skype
- Supports Android games, MAME and Retro game emulators
- Multiple ouputs: HDMI, composite
- MEPS power saving in standby
The Strong Rock-Box STRB2 is $169 RRP and STRB4 $299 RRP.
For more information visit Strong Australia.
One of the veterans of the Australian HiFi industry, Peter was formerly the Audio-Video Editor of the Herald Sun for over two decades. One of the most-respected audio journalists in Australia, Peter brings his unparalleled experience and a unique story-telling ability to StereoNET.
MORE ON STEREONET
Triangle's Turntable and Elara LN01A Active Speaker package gets you a lot for your hard-earned. Your money...
Bluesound, the Canadian manufacturer, emerging as a champion in the multi-room wireless audio arena, has today...
With some unique features, sleek aesthetics and a more affordable price than many of the competitors, Pioneer...
In September this year, Audio-Technica announced a new Limited Edition Red version of the ever-popular...
There's been a lot of press about 4K projectors recently, but not all projectors are the same. If you want to...