NAD Electronics T 778 AV Receiver Unboxing
Slotting in at the very top of its AV Receiver lineup, NAD Electronics' new and highly anticipated T 778 Reference 9-Channel AV Receiver will be available from August.
NAD says its T 778 features the latest developments in its Hybrid Digital technology offering 9 high current/high power channels of amplification “with improved efficiency”.
Conservatively rated, NAD says the T 778 Reference offers 9 X 100W per channel (9 x 80W FDP) with all channels driven at rated distortion. The amplifier channels are configurable, allowing the flexibility to be used for either surround channels or second zone audio.
The T 778 Reference also embraces NAD's Modular Design Construction (MDC) which allows for upgradeability as new technologies, standards and codecs emerge.
Offering “bit-perfect 4K UHD video pass-through”, you can rest assured it will deliver an accurate sound and image experience. It is capable of decoding 7.1.4 Dolby Atmos, DTS Master Audio, combined with Dirac Live room correction.
The TFT touch screens offers quick and easy access to all the AV Receiver's main functions for user-friendly operation.
NAD says it has designed its latest flagship offering to please the most demanding Audiophiles and Videophiles.
Greg Stidsen, NAD's Chief Technology Officer, told StereoNET:
The T 778 packages that sound quality with the most compelling digital technologies such as BluOS, MQA, Bluetooth aptX HD, AirPlay2 and Dirac Live in a user-friendly format.
NAD firmly believes that there are many people for whom music will always come first. With NAD's reputation for high value/high performance, it was apparent that the T 778 would have to please the most demanding Audiophiles and Videophiles. MDC then helps protect their investment for years to come.
With home integration and custom installation becoming more mainstream, the T 778 Reference features a low profile 3U rack-mount chassis and certified driver support for all major control systems.
- 9 channels of NAD's latest Hybrid Digital Amplifier Technology
- New touch screen and improved ergonomics for user-friendly operation
- 4K UHD video pass-through
- High-Res BluOS enabled Network Streaming
- Two-Way Bluetooth aptX HD
- Dirac Live Room Correction
- DirectDigital DAC- ESS Saber DAC with MQA Decoding MQA decoding available on all digital inputs
- MDC (Modular Design Construction) offers ability to upgrade to future digital formats as they become available. Two MDC slots provided.
- CI friendly- RS232 Serial Control Port. Trigger In/Out.
- IR In with learning function
There have been stock delays for NAD Electronics T 778 AV Receiver, but availability is now confirmed for August 2020. It will sell for AUD$4999 / NZD$5999 RRP.
StereoNET is currently reviewing this model so stay tuned for that one.
For more information, visit NAD Electronics.