MUSICAL FIDELITY IS BACK WITH NEW M2 RANGE
Musical Fidelity has just announced the M2si integrated amplifier and M2sCD CD player. These two new products make up its new M2 range.
This is an exciting announcement for Musical Fidelity as it is the first since the iconic brand changed hands. Back in May we broke the news that Audio Tuning, the independent audio specialist company based in Austria famed for their Pro-Ject Audio Systems brand, was buying Musical Fidelity.
Staying true to the tradition of Musical Fidelity, the M2 range features a potent high-fidelity integrated amplifier and a premium CD player.
Your first glance will confirm that these new components have Musical Fidelity's industrial DNA running through them. They look very MF; furthermore, looking at the spec sheets, we're sure that the build quality and choice of components throughout are of a standard that we have come to expect from the brand.
The new M2si integrated amplifier and matching M2sCD CD player are housed in solidly-built metal enclosures and feature elegant aluminium front panels – finished in silver or black.
M2si Integrated Amplifier
The M2si integrated amplifier takes the company's excellent premium sound experience and applies it to a more affordable price point.
Boasting trickle-down technology from the legendary Titan flagship model, it delivers 76W per-channel into 8 Ohms (137W into 4 Ohms), and has the power to drive a wide range of similarly-priced loudspeakers, no matter how power-hungry.
Power isn't everything though. The M2si features a Class A pre-amp stage with independent power supply, coupled with a pair of discrete power amps. The result of this advanced internal design means the M2si effectively offers the performance benefits of a pre/power configuration but with the convenience of a one-box solution.
The M2si boasts six line inputs and presents itself as a pure analogue hub promising a sophisticated, highly engaging sound. For Home Cinema installations, the AUX1 input can also be switched to a Home Theatre (HT) through-put.
M2sCD disc player
The M2sCD is a genuine Red Book hi-fi CD player designed to match the cosmetic appeal of the M2si amplifier, while also sonically matching its high-fidelity delivery.
Built upon years of Musical Fidelity know-how, the M2sCD features both a mains choke filter and a high-tech digital stream noise filter. The upshot is low distortion and virtually flat frequency response, plus minimal noise and jitter. Musical Fidelity says that this player will measure like far more expensive devices.
The internal DAC design draws from its high-end siblings in the Musical Fidelity range, using cutting-edge technology like 24bit Delta-Sigma conversion with 8x oversampling to ensure excellent data recovery from your discs.
The M2si and M2sCD is expected to be available from December 2018 and will be available in either a Black or Silver finish. Both models will sell for $1,799 RRP each.
For more information, go to Musical Fidelity.
- Output Power: 76W per-channel (8 Ohms)
- Output Voltage: 25V RMS, 20Hz – 20kHz; onset of clipping 70V peak-to-peak
- Current: 25A peak-to-peak
- Damping Factor: 36
- Output Devices: 1 Pair per-channel
- THD: 20Hz – 20 Hz (Line-In), <0.014% typical
- Signal to Noise Ratio: > 96dB (A weighted) Frequency Response: +0, -0.1dB (10Hz – 20kHz) Inputs: 6 x RCA (Line Level)
- Input Impedance (Line In): 40kOhms
- Pre-Out: 1 x RCA Pair (variable, for bi-amping etc.)
- Line Out: 1 x RCA Pair (fixed level)
- Speaker Outputs: Bananas, Spades or Bare Wire
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 440 x 100 x 400 mm
- Weight (Net / Gross): 9.2kg / 13.0kg
- Power Consumption: 320W max. (0.5W Standby)
- Accessories: Remote Control, Mains Cable IEC (10-A)
- DAC Circuit: 24-bit Delta-Sigma (bit stream) dual differential 8x over-sampling
- Jitter: < 135 picoseconds peak-to-peak
- Digital Outputs: RCA (Coaxial) / TOSlink (Optical)
- Line Out: 1 x RCA Pair
- Output Voltage: 2.2V RMS
- Frequency Response: 10Hz – 20kHz, -0.2dB max. Signal to Noise Ratio: > 117dB
- THD (+ noise): < 0.003%, 10Hz – 20kHz
- Linearity: < 0.1dB down to -96dB
- Channel Separation: 105dB, 20 Hz – 20kHz
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 440 x 100 x 375mm Weight (Net / Gross): 6.65kg / 10.5kg
- Power Consumption: 20W max. (0.5W Standby)
- Accessories: Remote Control, Mains Cable IEC (10-A)
StereoNET's Bass playing Hi-Fi junkie and UK correspondent heads up StereoNET UK as Editor. His passion for gadgets and Hi-Fi is second only to being a touring musician.
IMAX Enhanced is a new format that is emerging and included on the latest product spec sheets and in...
Perth's premier Home Cinema specialists, West Coast Hi-Fi in Midland are inviting you along to a VIP...
2018 marks a new direction for the Dolby Laboratories company with the announcement of its first wireless...
The latest speakers from McIntosh have been designed to be easier to fit into more home environments. The...
What better way to officially launch the stylish KEF LSX in Australia than in the city buzzing with dynamic...
A.J. van den Hul doesn't seem to be able to stop inventing and re-inventing his cartridges. This time he has...
Chinese TV manufacturer Hisense has made OLED TVs much more affordable in Australia with the launch of its...
StereoNET readers were invited to Sydney's Studios 301 last Friday for a grand tour of the facilities along...
Celebrating the release of what will likely be remembered as one of Linn's most versatile products yet, the...
Home theatre enthusiasts have a choice of two new 9.2-Channel 4K Dolby Atmos-enabled AV Receivers this...
While keeping an eye on the past, Wilson Audio’s new Sasha DAW speaker also marks a new direction for this...
After recently completing an extensive renovation of their facilities, Sydney Hi-Fi in Castle Hill have...
You've likely already experienced the wow factor of Barco cinema projectors at commercial cinemas, or more...