Let’s Hear It For Liszt
Vienna Acoustics is a quiet achiever. Without fanfare the research and development team based at the brand’s HQ in Vienna have over the years released a select number of models, each the epitome of refined sound and elegant styling.
Taking these qualities to a new level was quite a challenge. One now met with consummate ease by the new Liszt Speaker, a model positioned at the apex of Vienna Acoustic’s famous Imperial Series thanks to its patented, state of the art drivers.
Paul Clark, main man at Audio Active who distribute the brand throughout Australia doesn’t usually get carried away by ‘’newness’’. An audio veteran who’s been at the coal face of the industry for decades, Clarke has seen and heard a mountain load of amazing, standard setting AV kit. Which is why his response to hype is typically sedate and well considered.
Ask him about the Liszt however, and that famous composure and reserve turn into a passionate accolade about the new speakers sound quality.
“Anyone who knows Vienna Acoustics knows they leave hyperbole to rivals. But on this occasion I have to say the Liszt Speaker is pretty special,'' he told StereoNET.
“The model name says it all really. Liszt is arguably the most technically advanced pianist of his era and was noted for outstanding improvisations and innovating new forms of music. Like his namesake, the Imperial Series Liszt is a marvel of technical command – the latest improvisation upon a revolutionary Vienna Acoustics design that sets a new standard in sound.”
The hand built Liszt is a clever three-way loudspeaker system using an all-new version of the patented Flat Spider Cone. This driver is set in a separate rotating, vented enclosure, supported by a sophisticated bass cabinet featuring three the brand's patented Spider Cone Woofers.
The Liszt is available in Premium Rosewood - $19,999 pair RRP or Gloss Black / Gloss White and Cherry finish $16,999 RRP.
For more information visit Audio Active.
- Impedance: 4 Ohms
- Frequency Response: 26 Hz – 25 kHz
- Sensitivity: 91 db
- Recommended Amplifier: 50 – 400 Watts
- Tweeter: 1.2” / 30mm Handcrafted, Hand-Coated Neodymium Centre-Vented Silk Dome Midrange:  6” / 152mm Flat Spider Cone, High Power Neodymium Motor
- Woofers:  7” / 177.8mm X3P Spider Cone Bass System: Bass Reflex Bass Function: Impulse Optimizing QB 3 [ Quasi-Butterworth ] Crossover System: Three-Way. 6dB and 12dB Bessel Crossover Components: MKP Capacitor 1% Tolerance: Air Coils, 0.7% Tolerance Metal Film Resistors: 1% Tolerance, Indictance Free Weight per Pair: 198lbs / 88 kg
- Dimensions: [ W x H x D ] in inches: 10.5 x 49 x 17 [ with base assembly ]
- Dimensions: [ W x H x D ] in mm: 267 x 1250 x 435
Finishes: Premium Rosewood, Piano Black, Piano White and Cherry
One of the veterans of the Australian HiFi industry, Peter was formerly the Audio-Video Editor of the Herald Sun for over two decades. One of the most-respected audio journalists in Australia, Peter brings his unparalleled experience and a unique story-telling ability to StereoNET.