Kii THREE, More Than Meets the Eye
The Kii THREE is more than meets the eye. What may look like a cute pair of speakers at first sight is really an audiophile listening pleasure that outperforms larger and more expensive systems with ease.
The clarity, the impressive phase/time response and, most importantly, the acoustical behaviour in the room, lets the listener become immersed into the magical experience of a great recording, and reportedley more so than many of the best conventional (passive) setups are able to. All the innovations inside this speaker serve one single purpose: To be more truthful to the music!
Each Kii THREE contains six channels of DSP, D/A conversion and N-Core power amplification. According to the company, “the AD/DA circuitry of the THREE’s signal processing board is entirely inaudible, a feat not duplicated by the most expensive audiophile standalone units”.
Alongside the Active Wave Focusing filters the DSP is responsible for keeping the drive units within their safe operating range by gently adapting the filters instead of brutally limiting the signal. This allows the THREE to play significantly louder and cleaner than much bigger traditional designs.
On the input side there is a choice of analogue and digital inputs. All digital inputs are up-sampled and re-clocked using Kii’s own jitter rejection algorithm that guarantees actual “bits is bits” audio performance for any digital source.
The Kii THREE is a high-end Hi-Fi system you will use everyday, on every occasion and for a lot of different purposes. Whenever there´s music on your mind, there should be great music in your home.
Kii THREE will be available from January 2016, with pricing estimated at $17,500 RRP.
Kii Audio is distributed in Australia by Pure Music Group.
- Compact DSP controlled monitor speaker
- 4x 6.5” woofer, 1x5” midrange, 1” waveguide tweeter, all individually driven
- Amplification: 6x250W full-custom N-Core amplifiers
- Active Wave Focusing crossover filter
- Frequency response: 20Hz - 25kHz +/- 0.5dB
- Phase response: minimum (best possible time coherence).
- Long term SPL 105dB, Short term SPL 110dB, Peak SPL115dB
- Controlled Directivity: 4.8dB (80Hz - 1kHz, slowly rising thereafter)
- Size: W20xH40xD40cm
- Weight: 15kg
- Inputs: Analogue, AES/EBU
- Selectable correction for free-standing, near wall or in corner