Denon’s DA-300USB Head-Fi Solution
Denon are tapping into the Head-Fi market with the DA-300 USB DAC/Headphone Amp, a perfect match for their growing headphone range.
Their first stand-alone USB DAC/Headphone Amp, Denon draw upon their existing technology with the DA-300 utilising the same advanced AL32 processing and high precision 32Bit/192kHz DAC, as found in Denon's top of the range CD and SACD players.
Simple connection to a range of devices including laptops and music servers, but with the additional optical and coaxial inputs, possibilities are endless.
Any digital audio format that can be played from a computer’s own media player can then be processed by the DA-300USB – including MP3/MP4, AAC, ALAC, WAV and FLAC HD (up to 192 kHz / 24 bit) and DSD (the native file format for Super Audio CD; in 2.8MHz and 5.6MHz resolution). Transmission of the digital audio stream from the computer to the DA-300USB is in bit-transparent, asynchronous mode, to ensure a bit-perfect data stream.
The DA-300USB is an attractively styled, ultra compact unit. Measuring 17 x 17 x 5.5 cm, it can be positioned either horizontally or vertically (using the supplied clip-on stand), so as to fit in easily with any desktop audio or Hi-Fi system. The minimalist front panel sports a power button, headphone output and volume control, a touch input selector switch, and an OLED display which shows the selected input, headphone volume and input signal resolution. Orientation of the display changes with horizontal or vertical positioning of the unit.
- High definition DAC with 1 x USB-B, 1 x coaxial and 2 x optical digital inputs
- High quality audio components for rich, open, detailed sound
- Denon Advanced AL32 Processing and High-Precision 192 kHz / 32 bit digital to analogue conversion for exceptional high definition audio quality
- DAC master clock design for distortion free, fully transparent sound stage
- Noise isolating circuit design prevents distortion via USB connection from computer generated digital noise; ensures fully transparent and spatially accurate sound stage
- Universal bit-transparent, asynchronous playback of digital audio file formats and streaming audio from PCs via USB-B; up to 192 kHz / 24 bit and DSD2.8 and DSD5.6 native support by DoP (DSD Audio over PCM frames)
- 3 x SPDIF (coaxial x 1/optical x 2) inputs for upgrading sound from other digital audio devices (up to 192 kHz / 24 bit) with the DA-300USB’s advanced high definition signal processing
- High quality analogue signal (line level) output and headphone amplifier stage, for connection to hi-fi amplifier or desktop speaker system and superb listening with all kinds of headphones or in ears
- Simple plug-and-play operation for connection to PCs and other devices with digital audio outputs
Denon DA-300USB is available now, at $799 RRP.
Visit Denon Australia for more information.