Charisma Audio Phono Cartridges in Australia
Charisma Audio, a Canadian distributor that also manufactures a few products under the same name, have announced their appointment of an Australian distributor for their sought after phono cartridges.
Absolute Hi End, with an ever growing portfolio of some of the world's finest brands in high-fidelity audio, have secured the rights to Charisma Audio and announced their immediately availability.
The range includes just three phono cartridges, the MC-1 ($1,590 RRP), the MC-2 ($2,150 RRP) and the flagship Reference One ($2,850 RRP).
Charisma Audio's founder, Bernard Li, told StereoNET:
After more than 40 years’ experience in audio, we collected some solid ideas to inspire the design and manufacture of phono cartridges using premium materials. They not only look attractive but also have striking performance.
Not a lot is known about the origin of the Charisma Audio cartridges (many of the world's cart's come from just a few artisans), and founder Li remains tight-lipped on this. SteroeNET will of course review the Charisma Audio cartridges in due course.
Reference One Moving Coil Cartridge
- Cartridge Weight: 7.1 g
- Cartridge Body: amboyna burl wood
- Cantilever: ruby
- Stylus: super fine line contact nude diamond
- Vertical Tracking Angle: 20 degrees
- Coil: pure iron crossed-coil with ultra high purity single crystal copper
- Output Voltage: 0.42 mV at 3.54 cm/sec.
- Internal Impedance: 14 ohms
- Frequency Response: 20 – 25,000 Hz ± 1 dB
- Channel Balance: better than 0.5 dB
- Channel Separation: better than 30 dB
- Dynamic Compliance: 10 um/mN
- Recommended Loading: 100 – 1,000 ohms
- Recommended Tracking Force: 2.0 g ± 0.1 g
- Tracking Ability at 315 Hz / 2 g: 80 uM
- Recommended Tonearm Mass: medium
- Break-in Period: 50 hours
For more information visit Absolute Hi End.