Sign in to follow this  
Damhooligan

F1 2016

31 minutes ago, manchu said:

Anything more than a slap on the wrist is never going to happen.   It's all storm in a teacup media crap.   

Whilst I agree with you, I think it's time teams took a real stand and actually did fine or suspend drivers for deliberately disobeying a team order. I think sacking him would be fantasic, Mercedes know there are plenty of drivers who can pilot their cars to victory ATM, they don't need "the best" as Hamilton probably is, and he would also lose his privileged position of being the best driver in the best car... when it doesn't fail on him ;)

Of course, this all assumes next years design changes don't upset the status quo.

A team doesn't need the best driver. Good one! [emoji38]

6 minutes ago, Jake said:

A team doesn't need the best driver. Good one! emoji38.png

Did the best driver in the field win the world championship? I would suggest Rosberg would probably be rated somewhere around 5-6 in talent behind Hamilton, Alonso, Vettel, Danny Ric and even Verstappen (who will ultimately be the best of the bunch).

57 minutes ago, blybo said:

Did the best driver in the field win the world championship? I would suggest Rosberg would probably be rated somewhere around 5-6 in talent behind Hamilton, Alonso, Vettel, Danny Ric and even Verstappen (who will ultimately be the best of the bunch).

Rosberg was lucky.

By "need" I mean they all want the best driver they can get. Which is why Mclaren have Alonso.

There is no way they will let Hamilton go next year, he is their best chance of winning the title again, short of getting Ricciardo or Alonso on board.

13 hours ago, Jake said:

He is clearly the faster driver though. He only lost this year due to mechanicals.

Possibly he is not as sympathetic to machinery, I don't know but there is no denying he is better than lucky boy Nico.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think anyone would disagree with you, but it doesn't justify the blatant disobedience of the team. Whether Mercedes should or shouldn't issue such orders is a separate debate; but once the instructions are given LH has to follow as per his employment contract. Now we wait and see what are the repercussions. 

8 minutes ago, LHC said:

Now we wait and see what are the repercussions.

Yeah, the same way Red Bull punished Vettel after Multi21.I don't want to sound rude but you guys are dreaming if you think there will be any kind of team sanction against their best driver. A few days from now it will just blow over, and we will see Token and Lucky in the Silver cars again next year.

Here is an interesting turn. 

Rosberg leaves F1!! 

Looks like one silver arrow will get a different driver..  

New talent or stealing one from another team? 

Here is an interesting turn. 

Rosberg leaves F1!! 

Looks like one silver arrow will get a different driver..  
New talent or stealing one from another team? 

I bet Hamilton is praying it's not Alonso!

Very surprised by Rosberg's retirement but understandable also. He basically saved Mercedes bacon IMO. I was thinking the other day that if the team reprimand Hamilton, it won't resolve any of the bad blood. The only viable option for Mercedes in 2017 is to make Hamilton their 'number one driver' and give him all the privileges; they have to abandon this two equal drivers stance. So with Rosberg leaving they are now in a position to do this IMO. 

3 hours ago, Jake said:

I bet Hamilton is praying it's not Alonso!

I'm praying that it is.

Hamilton declares himself the world champion by default

http://i1.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article8076802.ece/ALTERNATES/s615b/Monaco-Formula-One-Grand-Prix.jpg

"it was the least i could do for my fans"

Justin Beiber confirms he is ready to join Mercedes

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/05/29/16/34BF950E00000578-0-image-a-85_1464536694089.jpg

"Im ready to deliver some speed to the team"

Stay by the phone Danny. We all know Red Bull want Verstappen as their number 1 driver, as he's quickly becoming the #46 of F1. I'm sure they'd let you out of your contract.

Still stunned by Nico's retirement.

I'm not surprised Cheaterburg has left. He knew he was gifted the championship this year and it would never happen again. Best he get out now while he still has some dignity.

Ricciardo would be a nice replacement for sure, but would Merc buy out his contract with RB?

In any case this will certainly shake up the drivers' market over the next month or so.

Selection criteria for Rosberg's job at Team Mercedes: be willing to stay out of Lewis Hamilton's way and help him win. 

:P

Attending the same FIA prizegiving gala at which Rosberg announced he is retiring, Hamilton was quoted by Reuters as saying: “This is the first time he’s won in 18 years, hence why it was not a surprise that he decided to stop.

35 minutes ago, Jake said:

Attending the same FIA prizegiving gala at which Rosberg announced he is retiring, Hamilton was quoted by Reuters as saying: “This is the first time he’s won in 18 years, hence why it was not a surprise that he decided to stop.

Honestly I wish he didn't make that statement. While it is factually correct, given the circumstances it implies a lack of class and grace. It is not a good look and would reflect poorly on Hamilton. :(

Honestly I wish he didn't make that statement. While it is factually correct, given the circumstances it implies a lack of class and grace. It is not a good look and would reflect poorly on Hamilton. [emoji20]

Not really concerned what one spoiled rich kid says about another. I thought it was funny though, and accurate.

On 28/11/2016 at 8:25 PM, Jake said:

When has Hamilton cheated? Don't get me wrong, I think he is a right twa.t but he does not cheat. I agree he is a whining snotty-nosed over-privileged token, but he just drives.

Ok, apart from the last few laps last night....but man, he was desperate.

a respected member of the judiciary openly accuses Lewis Hamilton of cheating ...

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/2040941/x-factor-judge-nicole-scherzinger-has-accused-lewis-hamilton-of-cheating-on-her-in-a-shocking-new-demo-which-has-leaked/

wow...that was a surprise.   What a way to lose some of that hard earned respect you just gained.      I read that Niki Lauda is quite pissed off. 

Surely they'll go with a younger replacement such as Wehrlein.  

btw, that ad is fair dinkum, apparently it gets published tomorrow in AutoSport magazine

and they have told Precious he will have no say in the decision

wow...that was a surprise.   What a way to lose some of that hard earned respect you just gained.      I read that Niki Lauda is quite pissed off. 

Surely they'll go with a younger replacement such as Wehrlein.  

Hard earned respect? Good one. :)