Sign in to follow this  
Gieseler Audio

Klein DAC II

The reason why I asked is I'm starting to listen to music in the theater room and want a better 2 channel DAC than my Marantz sr7009 receiver, from what i could find on google the marantz uses a PCM1690 how its implemented no idea but sounds pretty good. BUT using the Klein dac on my headphone setup has raised the bar and I expect or want better and was leaning towards another Klein dac for 2ch duties and the marantz just amplifying.

Regarding sonic differences between the standard Klein & the II.

They both have the same analog output circuitry so on paper at least they should sound very similar. The final production Klein II does however have improvements in the analogue & digital power supply sections so this may have an affect on the outcome.

Once I have a final production Klein II (next week) I will do an A B comparison & post the results. The main advantage of the II is DSD playback. Speaking of DSD I have been enjoying the sound of all my SACD images which now play back perfectly on the II as DSD64 

Regarding sonic differences between the standard Klein & the II.

They both have the same analog output circuitry so on paper at least they should sound very similar. The final production Klein II does however have improvements in the analogue & digital power supply sections so this may have an affect on the outcome.

Once I have a final production Klein II (next week) I will do an A B comparison & post the results. The main advantage of the II is DSD playback. Speaking of DSD I have been enjoying the sound of all my SACD images which now play back perfectly on the II as DSD64 

Much appreciated Clay. Thanks

PS. more curious compared to SE edition as there is one on sale in forums IF still available that is!

Edited by amisty

Hey guys just wanted to show you a 1 k square wave with the new 

"super slow roll off" natural tone 

5th filter setting which is only available on Klein II 

Scope shot taken with 48k sample rate signal - I tried 44k (& 96K) - they all looked the same.

RE SE version - as soon as I have a production Klein II I do I will do a A B against that as well.

post-112957-0-03111400-1459228988_thumb.

Edited by Gieseler Audio

Currently playing Diana Krall's studio album "wallflower" from a SACD image with the Klein Il in super slow roll off filter setting - decodes as DSD64

OMG - definately the best sound I've heard from from my home system!

I will have the pcb's by Mon/Tues so I'll build up a few asap. As soon as I have one finished I'll post some detailed photo's & a offical release with all the info.

Guest Sime

So, are you going to have a display of any kind at the up coming international show?

I'd like to see your stuff in real life.

I did think about it but even a small site at the show is big dollars & with air fares it is just too cost prohibitive for me at this stage.

Hopefully next year.

How about all you Queenslanders sharing a room.