Gieseler Audio

Klein DAC II

Looks great, Clay! I think in this case the toggle is a necessary requirement for ease of service and build. Perhaps another option for those who dont like it would be to move the toggle to the rear panel and use some sort of standby mode instead? I personally like the engaging feeling of a solid toggle. One must be careful when moving all controls to a remote especially if the user/owner happens to misplace the remote it renders the gear completely inoperable until a replacement is sourced.

I have the Klein SE Dac. In the beginning looking at the the toggle switches irritated the living daylights out of me. Now I just don't look and it does not bother me. 

From a visual point of view as well as a OCD point of view I would not choose a toggle switch in the front. If it is at the back I think it would be much better.

The remote is a great idea!

What are the specs?

Thanks

Chu

. A little bit risky though as the DSD bypass mode is on the remote so you could go from low level to max with one click, anyway something to think about.

Having had this happen to me recently after one of the kids was fiddling with system - this is something worth avoiding !!

Oh cool, a new Klein DAC!!!

What DAC chip does it have or is it the same as original Klein DAC?

Is this superseding the original Klein DAC or is it still going to be available?

Sponsor

Specs - I will list it all properly in the next few days.

DAC chip - same as the Klein, AK4490EQ.

It is basically still a Klein but with DSD & remote control plus a few other PSU upgrades.

There is quite a bit more technology in it plus display & remote so that has bumped the price up a bit.

Also there was a fair amount of time spent on the software/firmware for the micro controller but this certainly makes it a more flexible design.

The standard Klein will continue as not everybody needs DSD or remote functions.

Great work Clay, can't wait to hear one of these.

Clay,

congratulations, it looks superb and I like the toggle switch too, but for sonical reasons I would vote to get rid of the switch to have the DAC always powered.

Matt

Edited by matth

Looks great clay.

Well done. Might come down soon and have a listen

Nice looking unit !

A DAC / PRE with balanced out would definitely be something I would be interested in purchasing given the great feedback you are receiving.

I would prefer no toggles !