Sign in to follow this  
Gieseler Audio

Klein DAC II

Hi Matt,

no this is just a straight DAC but we will be following it up shorty with a larger version. It will have a high quality class A buffered variable line out & probably additional digital inputs.

Perfect to connect directly to a power amp.

The original plan was going to be a DAC/Pre with analogue inputs as well but I think extra digital inputs is a better way to go.

The original plan was going to be a DAC/Pre with analogue inputs as well but I think extra digital inputs is a better way to go.

Lots of us have turntables! Lack of at least analogue input rules this out for me.

Hi Matt,

no this is just a straight DAC but we will be following it up shorty with a larger version. It will have a high quality class A buffered variable line out & probably additional digital inputs.

Perfect to connect directly to a power amp.

Matt likes this :)

The analogue inputs could be still be retained as a option when ordering if there was sufficient interest.

So this is not the DAC/Pre? (as you know, I'm quite keen for this)

Either way, I still very much like this. How does this differ/improve from the original, Clay?

Also, any plans to move away from the very '80s on/off toggle?

Examples;

11155-01.jpg

11967-11972-01.jpg

Edited by ~Spyne~

Yeah with @@~Spyne~ on the switch, the Billet buttons are great.

@@joz - another contender for you :)

Hmmmm, tasty.

I use the toggle switch because it is soldered directly to the PCB - so no wires

The other switches look nice but need to be fastened to the front panel & then require flying wires which is messy & a double process.

At the moment everything is on the PCB so it just slides in & then the panels go on. Good for service too so the whole thing just slides out & can be operated/tested/modded without the case.

The other option is just eliminate the switch & have remote power on/off. It would mean it would be in standby & using power even when switched off though.

Edited by Gieseler Audio

Remote on/off with 12v trigger out would be excellent!

Nice work Clay

:)  looks awesome Clay, love the digital display , cant wait to see inside shots :thumb: