Woofer,s Dual Purpose Room.....Duntech Sovereign , Krell ,Manley Labs, JVC...

Hey Mate

Apologies if you have covered this already but what fabric/material do you have covering the ceiling and walls? also what are the dimensions of your room? With the slanted ceiling your room looks identical to mine.

• 2 months later...

Removed the HDfury Products from my system ( HD Fury Vertex) and HD Fury Linker.

Now running the RuiPro Fibre 8K HDMI cables ( 10mtr) ...... best thing i could have done........removing the HD Fury products has dramatically reduced HDMI sync times and errors...

Cables are performing 100% flawlessly no matter what i throw at them....HIGHLY recommended!  :)

DSC_0266ww.jpg

DSC_0268ww.jpg

• Like 4

• 6 months later...

Purchased a pair of Wilson Watt Puppy 7,s and a pair of Wilson Sasha 1,s. 

I am re designing my theatre room so i needed a far smaller speaker footprint than the Duntech Soverigns, thus the change to the Wilson,s.

I ended up placing the Wilson Watt Puppy 7,s into my theatre room ....... they are a very small speaker  ( after having the Soverigns)  but they are a stunningly capable speaker!!  ☺️ 

Paired with an Esoteric Grandioso S1 the bass is very fast and articulate, and the top end detail is very impressive.....  I get why some people love the Wilsons, and i get why some dislike the Wilson,s.....ME......absolutley love them...☺️

The reason for utilising the Watt Puppy,s over the Sasha,s...... the Watt Puppy,s had some small cosmetic blemishes. because of this and the fact they had to go intio a "Black Pit" theatre  enviroment i had the Watt Puppy,s professsionly covered in BLACK Velvet... They actually look fantastic with this finish.

The Sasha,a are unmarked "Titanium"  finish.......not exactly ideal for a theatre enviroment with their super high gloss automotive finish......these are now stored for a "Rainy Day" ..

The recent Bushfires have setback my theatre upgrade , but in the meantime some pics of the Wilson Watt Puppy 7,s  in their new enviroment..

DSC_0213ww.jpg

DSC_0216ww.jpg

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, frednork said:

Interested in any comments you might make regarding comparisons between the Sovs and the puppys

Thats an interesting one!

I never initially intended for the Watt Puppies to be the focus of 2 channel music, BUT they surprised me in many area,s.

The Bass ........ extreamly fast and very very tight while still going quite low.   Very different than the Soverigns, the Sov,s had great bass but could be a little "Slow" 

Midrange........Very good ....... but i think very few speakers present the midrage as well as the Sov,s

Top End........... , i had heard many times on Wilson being "Bright" or even "Harsh" ..... Well not for me!!  They are very very detailed and reveal a hell of alot from the source. There are many tracks i am so familiar with that i am hearing new things. VERY VERY impressive.

Imaging.......... This was my biggest surprise!!  The imaging of the Sov,s when setup correctley is  superb........i thought the Wilson would fall down dramatically in this regard...... but their  imaging / 3D effect is staggeringly good......very very surprised.

All in all The Wilson Watt Puppies are a very impressive speaker , especially considering their "petite" size.........mind you they are bloody weighty little buggers......☺️

One of my close friends liked the Watt Puppies so much he wants to purchase them if i decide to move the Sasha,s in to take their place...☺️

From reading i see it seems to be a LOVE/HATE thing with WIlson,s..........i am definatley in the Love catagory..

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

New addition.... 

NAD M17 v2 Processor/Pre Amp.

This is the first NAD product i have purchased and the first i have seen first hand.

Initial impressions are awesome....?

1st.... the packaging.......many manufactures should look at NAD,s effort!!!  Triple boxed with corner supports! ............... Internal .....no flimsy "Foam" that crumbles or breaks in transit, instead they have formed sections that fit around the product like a glove....NO chance of any damage ...VERY impressive.

2nd.... The build of the unit is superb!!!  VERY VERY nicley finished and constucted .

3rd......Accessories.... the remote is a work of art ( reminds me of KRELL ) Aluminium body with very nice feel and appearenve to the facia and buttons.

So far .... i am VERY impressed....

If it performs as well as it presents it will be an awesome additon to my theatre...?

DSC_0432www.jpg

DSC_0433www.jpg

DSC_0434www.jpg

DSC_0436www.jpg

DSC_0437www.jpg

DSC_0439www.jpg

DSC_0440www.jpg

DSC_0441www.jpg

DSC_0442www.jpg

DSC_0444www.jpg

DSC_0445www.jpg

DSC_0446www.jpg

DSC_0447www.jpg

DSC_0449www.jpg

DSC_0450www.jpg

DSC_0451www.jpg

DSC_0454www.jpg

DSC_0456www.jpg

DSC_0457www.jpg

DSC_0459www.jpg

• Like 7

congrats woofer, my only ownership has been in 2ch m3 nad master series integrated and that was quite something for all reasons you highlight !

so very much do hope it turns out for you to be all that you are hoping for :) 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, betty boop said:

congrats woofer, my only ownership has been in 2ch m3 nad master series integrated and that was quite something for all reasons you highlight !

so very much do hope it turns out for you to be all that you are hoping for :) 

Thanks Al.. ?

If it wasnt for your suggestion to look NAD,s way, i might never have ventured down this path..

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

A few more changes  and a few surprises!!! ?

I recentley did an about face as such to concentrate on the Home Theatre aspect and in doing so spold off my prized Duntech Soverigns.  Purchassed 2 pairs of Wilson speakers...Wilson Sasha and Wilson Watt Puppy 7,s.

The Watt puppy 7,s are in situ at  present due to ther small "petite" size. As it turns out there is NOTHING "petie" about their sound! These were the 1st  huge pleasent surprise.

I just parted with my Esoteric pre Amp and replaced it with a NAD M17 v2 AV Pocessor/Pre Amp.......2nd big surprise!!!   Not only is it an awesome AV processor , as it turns out it is also a wonderfull pre amp in relation to 2-channel music...not something i anticipated!

I have been using various products from TELOS Audio for some time, Telos QNR,s Telos GNR and Telos Quantum Blue Power cables. I made the decision to give the Telos "Active" power cable a try......ANYONE who doubts the benifits of POWER CABLE upgrades need to try this cable!!!

I placed this cable from  the wall socket to my Esoteric Grandioso Amp and the improvement is stunning!  just stunning!  

I changed direction to improve my Home Theatre aspect and in doing so i have actually improved my Music Listening experience to the stae that it is now the BEST i have ever experienced in my room by a substaintial margin!!!?

Very Very happy camper here!!!?

DSC_0432.jpgwww.jpg

DSC_0433.jpgwww.jpg

DSC_0437.jpgwww.jpg

DSC_0441.jpgwww.jpg

DSC_0442.jpgwww.jpg

DSC_0445.jpgwww.jpg

DSC_0446.jpgwww.jpg

DSC_0447.jpgwww.jpg

DSC_0448.jpgwww.jpg

DSC_0449.jpgwww.jpg

DSC_0450.jpgwww.jpg

DSC_0451.jpgwww.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

• 2 months later...

Managed to track down a MINT barely used Oppo 205 as a backup UHD player to my Oppo 203 for use with my madVR Envy Video Processor.

When looking for a used 205 , i found many 205,s for sale BUT the owners seemed to think they had GOLD and priced them accordinaly!  I persevered and found a MINT 205 that has had very little use, the seller was extremely fair and honest and i picked it up for $2300 . He even went to the trouble to double box it for posting so the original Oppo box didnt get damaged!! ?

DSC_0474.jpgwww.jpg

DSC_0475.jpgwww.jpg

DSC_0476.jpgwww.jpg

DSC_0477.jpgwww.jpg

DSC_0478.jpgwww.jpg

DSC_0479.jpgwww.jpg

DSC_0480.jpgwww.jpg

DSC_0481.jpgwww.jpg

• Like 1

Shitty phone pic, ( will update latter) 

Pic of my rack with the madVR Envy and the Denon AVP A1HDA  that i recentley aquired.......picked up a 2nd AVP-A1HDA off a member here on SNA for a spare...?

Envy-Rack.jpg

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Upgraded my HDMI cables form the Oppo to the madVR Envy to the Z1...

Decided on the best you can buy ? ......Wireworld Platinum Starlight 7 from Oppo to the Envy processor and Wireworld Silver Starlight 7 from Envy processor to the Z1 projector..

Very expensive cables, but well worth the cost.. 

DSC_0472.jpgwww.jpg

DSC_0471.jpgwww.jpg

DSC_0473.jpgwww.jpg

DSC_0474.jpgwww.jpg

DSC_0475.jpgwww.jpg

DSC_0476.jpgwww.jpg

DSC_0477.jpgwww.jpg

18 minutes ago, wooferocau said:

Some better pics of the madVR Envy Extreme Video Processor in my rack...

Wow, it's like it was meant to be there.

Don't think I can ever own one of these without divorce papers which would inflate the cost even more.

So I'll be sticking to a HTPC which of course is disadvantaged by only being able to process one video source (the PC).

And my HTPC can't process anywhere near this heavy.

https://2e305a0b-3187-46e4-93b6-4a1a6061b259.filesusr.com/ugd/4bf82a_56dc4c7f905347b8ae3ec84456caeeb3.pdf

Edited by Satanica

27 minutes ago, wooferocau said:

Some better pics of the madVR Envy Extreme Video Processor in my rack...

DSC_0062.jpgwww.jpg

Yeah, yeah  lots of very nice shiny silver and black boxes.  What we REALLY want to see is you throttling the living daylights out of that Les Paul  :devil:

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

On 09/02/2021 at 7:00 AM, wooferocau said:

The 5348 ?  .............     "Video Processor"  ? 

Radiance Pro 5348 Introduction.pdf 412.92 kB · 0 downloads

Ok perhaps another dumbish question.

I'm assuming the projector you have is very good along with your other ancillary equipment. So how much of an improvement does it make?

49 minutes ago, joz said:

Ok perhaps another dumbish question.

I'm assuming the projector you have is very good along with your other ancillary equipment. So how much of an improvement does it make?

Not Dumb at all...?

My Z1/RS4500 is a $40K projector and is the best i have viewed ( and i have viewed most below th e$100K price point......BUT !!! i would not be happy using it without the Lumagen ....its that much difference!!

DTM ( Dynamic Tone Mapping )  of HDR and the superb up scaling of content to 4K... Variable aspect ratio control..... and much much more...

• Like 1

• 5 months later...