Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
Darren69

High end speaker cables ($1k +) experiences

Recommended Posts

15 hours ago, gmdb said:

Nice advertisment!   Nordost Odin?  Incredible high tech approach and couldn't be done without extremely high quality technology. Yep, they cost a fortune, each small wire wrapped in a monofilament to ensure they have an air dielectric.  Meanwhile, Lenehan does a very nice copper ribbon cable like Goertz does.  Enamelled and and wrapped in tape.  High capacitance but low inductance. Very good, but hardly an end game cable.  A good cable at its price point. This more than subtle advertising on SNA.....................

I believe you manufacture and sell products utilising Neotech materials and that your products are in high regard.

I am a big Neotech fan, based on personal experience and believe the products utilising their material are totally underrated in Australia.

I am in support of all the members that utilise your products and I may in future be a customer.

I am however a troubled by your post.

I may be wrong, but your post IMO looks like a little bit of white anting a product without evidence.

Lenehan is a commercial member, you are not.

Also

@Darren69 had certain Nordost cables before he had the Lenehans. He prefered the Lenehans, at a much lower cost of the Nordosts,  and sold the Nordosts?  - search the forum, it is all there. 

Have you compared Nordost, Lenehan etc?

I dont think the "subtle advertising" comment is fair.

 

Edited by Jventer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have come across a speaker cable bargain, and at $1300 landed in OZ it qualifies to be in this thread. The LS-25 by Colin Wonfor. This cable is the first to compete with my very expensive (6k USD) High Fidelity CT-1E magentic speaker cables. I wont say its better, but until now all other speaker cables I have tried have not been close to the CT-1E.

 

 https://www.elsdonwonfor.com/product-page/ls-25

 

It may look like the Tellurium Q cables, that's because Colin Wonfor was a partner in that company and designed all their initial cable line. They have had a bitter falling out since, and Colin has brought out his own version of what seems to be the Tellurium Q 'Ultra Black'. Of course he claims the LS-25 is a more improved design and far better than anything Tellurium now has, and some UK forum reviews back this up (but this could be anonymous shilling). The only Tellurium Q cable I had was the original 'Black' and this is miles better, but it was half the LS-25's price, so not a fair comparison.

Edited by agisthos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gents, if interested in the Lenehan product, best to text Mike on 0418 765 726 or contact him here- @Lenehan Audio

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Darren69 said:

Gents, if interested in the Lenehan product, best to text Mike on xxxxx xxx or contact him here- @Lenehan Audio

Suggest editing post to remove mobile #, not good practice to leave it on forum..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


5 minutes ago, Snoopy8 said:

Suggest editing post to remove mobile #, not good practice to leave it on forum..

It is Mikes business number, also shown on his website and any search engine results.

 

Private numbers- no, not good practice. There is a current oversupply of mouth breathers inhabiting the planet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24/02/2019 at 10:37 PM, agisthos said:

I have come across a speaker cable bargain, and at $1300 landed in OZ it qualifies to be in this thread. The LS-25 by Colin Wonfor. This cable is the first to compete with my very expensive (6k USD) High Fidelity CT-1E magentic speaker cables. I wont say its better, but until now all other speaker cables I have tried have not been close to the CT-1E.

 

 https://www.elsdonwonfor.com/product-page/ls-25

 

It may look like the Tellurium Q cables, that's because Colin Wonfor was a partner in that company and designed all their initial cable line. They have had a bitter falling out since, and Colin has brought out his own version of what seems to be the Tellurium Q 'Ultra Black'. Of course he claims the LS-25 is a more improved design and far better than anything Tellurium now has, and some UK forum reviews back this up (but this could be anonymous shilling). The only Tellurium Q cable I had was the original 'Black' and this is miles better, but it was half the LS-25's price, so not a fair comparison.

I can remember the quality and sound of the High Fidelity IC's I borrowed some years ago from you. Great stuff.

This is high praise indeed.

How did you discover the Elsdon cables?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Darren69 always wanted to try Goertz  cables  almost bought the AG3's but I see they have gone the way of dodo..... is there a demo set of the Lenehans to try ??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Jones99 said:

.. is there a demo set of the Lenehans to try ??

It would be great to see a set of these doing the rounds in over here! 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Jones99 said:

@Darren69 always wanted to try Goertz  cables  almost bought the AG3's but I see they have gone the way of dodo..... is there a demo set of the Lenehans to try ??

As did I but tis a bit hard when they don't respond to emails, haha.

 

Send Mike a text (number is on the previous page), I believe he would be very interested to get feedback on his product when in use in a killer system such as yours, no doubt. He might curse me but I strongly suggest harassing him for the loom to borrow as, much like Nordost and Townshend, the IC's and SC's compliment each other.

 

Not sure how much he frequents here.

 

@Lenehan Audio

Edited by Darren69

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Darren69 said:

As did I but tis a bit hard when they don't respond to emails, haha.

 

Send Mike a text (number is on the previous page), I believe he would be very interested to get feedback on his product when in use in a killer system such as yours, no doubt. He might curse me but I strongly suggest harassing him for the loom to borrow as, much like Nordost and Townshend, the IC's and SC's compliment each other.

 

Not sure how much he frequents here.

 

@Lenehan Audio

Whole loom may be a bit of an ask as I need a set of  2m xlrs for the mono's and a set of 3.5m xlrs for the bass towers......then 2.5m  speaker cables for the ribbon towers. I will inquire but suspect it might be tough.

The Lenehans would be up against some heavy hitters in the Goebels but you never know until you try!

Edited by Jones99

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 28/02/2019 at 9:28 PM, Jventer said:

I can remember the quality and sound of the High Fidelity IC's I borrowed some years ago from you. Great stuff.

This is high praise indeed.

How did you discover the Elsdon cables?

Tellurium Q is about to launch a new version of the Ultra Black. So I went on the UK audio forums and did a little research, and found out the story about Colin Wonfor and how he split from Tellurium (he also designed the SECA Amplifiers back in the 90's). Colins cables have just got back into production and are sold factory direct, so I got them on a hunch.

 

This guy knows what he is doing with speaker cable design, so I am intrigued to know what the IC and power cables are like. He is also a bit nutty. But then so is Rick Schultz from High Fidelity Cables. It must be a part of their genius, critical to outside the box thinking.

 

Edited by agisthos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I’ve spoken to Colin over the years, owned th TQ ultra blacks for around 5 years - they’re very good cables.

 

TQ did him dirty, so I’m glad to see him making money out of his idea. He was the guy behind their IP although TQ don’t want you to know that, and he’s too modest to shout about it.

 

I use Coherent ‘6D’ cables (full loom). They’re a quiet company run by Tony and their products (amps, cables etc) are excellent, the best I’ve (not) heard. Also Tony is a gentleman and his knowledge is second to none.

 

Tony did a demo at my flat in the UK about 5 years ago with his 4d loom. They were so good that I always aspired to own the loom of his product. Patience is a virtue it seems.

Edited by realysm42

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...