Ultrasonic record cleaning and listening session Sunday March 20th at my place in Eden Hills

Guest Simonon

Guest Simonon

Hi Everyone

As my get together is only a little over a week away please message me if you want to come. I will then provide you with my address at Eden Hills. I have two of my ultrasonic cleaners available to clean records and I think you will be impressed by the operation and innovation. A before and after listen will show the advantages of ultrasonic LP cleaning over other methods. I hope the SA crew can provide me with feedback and support for my venture which will hopefully take a niche item for serious record collectors due to the expense to something that is affordable to all. I will also have a couple of different home built music servers, Eastern Electric DAC and some reel to reels including a Plessey broadcast machine from the 1950s to play with. Hopefully this should provide some interest to all.

Hi Everyone

As my get together is only a little over a week away please message me if you want to come. I will then provide you with my address at Eden Hills. I have two of my ultrasonic cleaners available to clean records and I think you will be impressed by the operation and innovation. A before and after listen will show the advantages of ultrasonic LP cleaning over other methods. I hope the SA crew can provide me with feedback and support for my venture which will hopefully take a niche item for serious record collectors due to the expense to something that is affordable to all. I will also have a couple of different home built music servers, Eastern Electric DAC and some reel to reels including a Plessey broadcast machine from the 1950s to play with. Hopefully this should provide some interest to all.

Let me know if you ever do a road show in Sydney. I would happily attend.

Looking forward to the reviews.

• Like 1

I can attest to the 'existence' of Simon's gear! :-) His earlier versions of the RCM has saved many of my grubby market finds beyond what a normal RCM will do. The ABC monitors are an absolute joy to listen to. They have a vocal sound that is beautifully present. These, and the other pieces there, are restored beautifully and are worth the trip up the hill IMHO.

Oh no not another trip up the hill. :)

I will join in but only if there is a spot free at the end. Don't want to take someone else's spot who might travel further. I am nearby.

Sent from my HTC_0P6B using Tapatalk

Oh no not another trip up the hill. :)

I will join in but only if there is a spot free at the end. Don't want to take someone else's spot who might travel further. I am nearby.

Sent from my HTC_0P6B using Tapatalk

If there is a line out the door, I'd be happy to entertain anyone waiting in line from across the hill!

• Like 1

No worries Steve but it is Simons GTG though.  To be honest, his ABC monitors can show the Duntech Crown Princes a thing or two about vocals and well rounded bottom end.  His system will also be great for before/after cleaning demo with the Function Audio RCM.  I'll be there most of the day so we'll see how it plays out on the day.

Guest Simonon

Hi

It is not long until my get together this Sunday at 1pm. I will have two of my ultrasonic cleaners that I have designed setup for a record cleaning session and I would like to invent those wishing to attend to bring some records for a before and after comparison. These units have been refined over the past 12 months and I would like to invite comment by those people attending before they go into production. Listening will be on my rig that consists of my fully restored  tube driven vintage ABC broadcast Wharefdales from 1963 . I also have a home built music server via an Eastern Electric DAC which is well worth a listen and a number of reel to reels  including a 1950s Plessey Broadcast unit. Another thing that may be of interest are my working fully restored radios dating back to the 1920s which can be heard with period music via my transmitter. Hopefully something interesting for all and a little out of the ordinary.

Bring a bottle of wine and your ears this Sunday at 1PM.

Please message me if you wish to attend and I will provide my address at Eden Hills. Yes there are spots left.

regards

Simon

Oh Wow!  Somehow I missed this one until now.  Even when Christos mentioned he was going to Simon's place on Sunday, I didn't twig that it was an SNA gtg.

Luckily, I've already had the pleasure of seeing and listening to Simon's absolutely magical collection of vintage/classic radios and audio gear.  Simply the best I've come across and truly mesmerizing.  Simon generously OK'ed me taking pics and I often cast an envious eye over them.  I'm still keen on somehow finding and scoring one of those Atwater Kent radios.

Unfortunately, I'm tied up most of Sunday arvo, but, if I get half a chance, I'd love to pop in briefly and reacquaint myself with the big, lush, but very natural and relaxed sound of those gorgeous Wharfedale monitors.    

• Like 1

Guest Simonon

Hi

Have a number of spots left if any one is interested today. Drop ins welcome just message me for address. Oh and bring some records if you want to ultrasonically clean them

Many thanks to Simon, our gracious host for this afternoon. I really enjoyed surveying and listening to his unique and storied equipment.

His pre-commercial record cleaning machine has all the ingredients of a product that deserves to succeed: relative affordability, good clean looks, simplicity of use, near-zero running costs, inherently very high reliability and long service life, oh, and did I mention, extreme effectiveness!

Here is a quick pick taken today of our host alongside his unique Australian ABC recording studio monitor one-offs from 1963.

post-136643-0-04223300-1458459528_thumb.

• Like 4

Guest Simonon

I would like to thank everyone that attended my get together today and had a listen to my vintage equipment. I really appreciated the positive feedback in regards to my ultrasonic record cleaner and will keep everyone posted in regards to the production start date. I really enjoyed the company and will definitely be hosting some more events in the future. The feedback has definitely increased my confidence into taking my new venture into production with some other innovative products including an LP dryer in the pipeline.  It was really good to see records being cleaned and played on my turntable with the results of an ultrasonic clean being immediately obvious.

All up a fantastic day full of interesting conversation and of course music.

Newman summarized it well - this RCM is so clever it makes me wish I'd already taken the step back into vinyl - might even help prod me to do so.  I'm certain we'll be hearing a lot more about it.

Thanks Simon for a lovely afternoon - It was fun to hear a reel to reel playing 70's music through the oldest active monitors I'm aware of.  The sound was proudly and defiantly nostalgic in a big, warm-hearted way that those really big speakers do so well - totally enjoyable.  Then the tt with it's freshly and meticulously set-up cart added another dimension in capability and there was no need to make any allowances for the age of the amplification and speakers.  The music just flowed with beguiling ease and credibility and that IMO is what a really good system is all about.

Cheers all - it was an excellent and well-warranted turnout of the local SA SNA community. :thumb:

Edited by Tony M
  • Like 3

Cheers Simon

Your on a winner there with the RCM.So simple  with the same result as the $4 K machines.Another nice afternoon with the company of Adelaide SNA members.Thanks for the hospitality.

Stump