Open Invite Lounge, Tasmania

Just now, Upfront said:

Same mate. Looking forward to it!

Me to will be good to catch up. Anyone jumping in with you ? 

Bit of a weekend of spring cleaning brightened the place up.

Even had a run of carpet to put down in the garage looks better 

@Aussieamps should be getting keen as well as @kranky

A couple off Locals are heading around as well.

Just now, kranky said:

Looking forward to the weekend!!!!! foil helmet check.

IMGP1196.thumb.jpg.742609421955bb8fb808bbbe999c7f0d.jpg

Mate you will fit in well here

:D

Giving all the gear a good Sunday afternoon run and all is well.

After dinner study on the Martin Logan CLS's second session on the Holton 050, 50w x 2

Adjust to standing almost vertical straight away looking for the sweet spot from the chair

Pull out further from the rear of the room, chair about 2.3m from speaker panels 

Takes a little getting used to the ML's, (lack of impact) as soon as you move off axis you loose the image intensity on axis to the mm, woo hoo nice image. Otherwise have never heard a cone speaker reveal the type of mid bass intelligibility of these things period, is spooky actually.

EDIT, you have to wait an hour for the gear to warm up to get that :)

@davewantsmoore  stinging for that 100w x 2 Mate :) 

Edited by Guest

On 2017-6-20 at 8:20 AM, Auracle said:

Did you want another 50W/ch amp to compare to? 

(No trouble throwing it into the back of the car.)

Only if it glows :) ... 

Will be nice to catch up with the Auracle

Going to have another play with the ML's and fatten up the bottom octave with some very fast, discrete and accurate subs.

Keen 

20 minutes ago, Upfront said:

Anything we can bring up Matt?
Anyone else need anything transported from south to north?

@Aussieamps hopefully will remember to put the 6" kevlar 80w drivers in the car

Hopefully @davewantsmoore will get the 100w x 2 Holton 050 back to Burnie

Saturday Mrs has expressed interest in doing another TomYum Goon soup and other things. Will have a table for browsing that's my department. Northerner Tradesman beer 2 colours

35 minutes ago, Upfront said:

50w and glowing!?!?! Big ask! emoji50.png

Have a hankering to try a valve amp one day but yea, 50w valve normally would take a seat in a car :P. Auracle should throw his 50w amp in, might be a sleeper with some magic inside

@kranky don't forget your helmet 

I think at @soundbyte is driving around Australia in the Troopy :) on the ML , good luck Mate.

Linc if you can remember bring a copy of those tracks we used last time thanks Mate.

Cheers 

Matt, now back in town, troopy going well now, seems to be running properly, needs new shocks (ordered), paint job on the roof, bull bar and roof rack.

Will give you a call tomorrow night if your free? Time?

Waiting to see how the Kevlar drivers go, I might be able to use some of my spares up in my doors.

May get time to come north, right now I have a bad cold, but am felling better.

I could put all the tracks on Dropbox for you to download?

Well... all apart from that Chuka Kahn track, I think that got banned last GTG? :unsure:

Things looking up, especially the hats!  Photos a must of any that make an appearance.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, soundbyte said:

Well... all apart from that Chuka Kahn track, I think that got banned last GTG? :unsure:

Russell, I can possibly get your USB to Linc on Friday arvo. Will try.

Think I'll try that tin foil hat thing - keep the vestigial brain warm, without compromising the auditory apparatus. Sound engineering at its best!

Should've tried it today - got to 9 degrees in workshop - would have been warmer in 14 degrees at the annual nude swim this morning. Hey, could set a new trend...  or is it our secret?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, soundbyte said:

Matt, now back in town, troopy going well now, seems to be running properly, needs new shocks (ordered), paint job on the roof, bull bar and roof rack.

Will give you a call tomorrow night if your free? Time?

Waiting to see how the Kevlar drivers go, I might be able to use some of my spares up in my doors.

May get time to come north, right now I have a bad cold, but am felling better.

Things looking up, especially the hats!  Photos a must of any that make an appearance.

Hey Russell glad to hear the Troopy is going well, new shocks won't make any difference to the ol bullock dray Mate .

I'm keen to get those drivers in the doors as well hopefully soon.

I'll shift the that track off the playlist so doesn't accidentally get played on the weekend :)

Tomorrow night after dinner is great.  Cheers to catch up on the driving adventures and the the foil hat phenomenon  

26 minutes ago, BioBrian said:

Russell, I can possibly get your USB to Linc on Friday arvo. Will try.

Think I'll try that tin foil hat thing - keep the vestigial brain warm, without compromising the auditory apparatus. Sound engineering at its best!

Should've tried it today - got to 9 degrees in workshop - would have been warmer in 14 degrees at the annual nude swim this morning. Hey, could set a new trend...  or is it our secret?

I would probably tweak my back rubber knecking at that swim thing :P in the Derwent River, madness

1 hour ago, 125dBmonster said:

Saturday Mrs has expressed interest in doing another TomYum Goon soup and other things. Will have a table for browsing that's my department. Northerner Tradesman beer 2 colours

Have a hankering to try a valve amp one day but yea, 50w valve normally would take a seat in a car :P. Auracle should throw his 50w amp in, might be a sleeper with some magic inside

@kranky don't forget your helmet.

Hi Matt,

TomYum Goon soup sounds yummy. What does a browser taste like?

This 50 watter has had a lot of interesting descriptions for its sound. I'll leave it at that, -no clues either.

What type of tin hats should we bring?

weird-al-foil.png

58d5e4f5d6b41782d3b25e1f372e8026.jpg

Tin_Foil_Ears.jpg

large-HELMET4.jpg

dbh73.jpg

armor_helmet_ir8057_v2_1.jpg

37712.jpg

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Auracle said:

Hi Matt,

TomYum Goon soup sounds yummy. What does a browser taste like?

This 50 watter has had a lot of interesting descriptions for its sound. I'll leave it at that, -no clues either.

What type of tin hats should we bring?

weird-al-foil.png

58d5e4f5d6b41782d3b25e1f372e8026.jpg

Tin_Foil_Ears.jpg

large-HELMET4.jpg

dbh73.jpg

armor_helmet_ir8057_v2_1.jpg

37712.jpg

My oh my, you have been busy Mate. 

:rolleyes:

EDIT Browser tastes good with either colour of beer 

Edited by Guest

15 hours ago, Aussieamps said:

I'll be bringing my baby amp with me:)

IMG_2443.JPG

Wow, that's a slick looking thing, look forward to hearing that  !!!!!!!!!!!!!

11 hours ago, Upfront said:

Matt, I've organised with Dave to grab your amp. It will be there for the GTG. Sam and I should be there around lunch time Saturday.

Getting warmed up Mate.

Spent a week tuning the system (haven't touched a thing) taste testing and  sampling the beer and other goodies getting revved up for Saturday. Have one person staying over :thumb::party + some locals hang about so interesting times ahead.

Getting warmed up Mate.
Spent a week tuning the system (haven't touched a thing) taste testing and  sampling the beer and other goodies getting revved up for Saturday. Have one person staying over :thumb::party + some locals hang about so interesting times ahead.

Sounds good mate. Looking forward to catching up. Have a spare couch for Sam and I if the night rolls on longer than expected?!?

3 minutes ago, Upfront said:

Sounds good mate. Looking forward to catching up. Have a spare couch for Sam and I if the night rolls on longer than expected?!?

Plenty of room and those acrylic acoustic bats can be used as make shift mattress ' s with the upholstery cover and sheet. Mate have already tested the theory and better than expected :P bring blankets I have some but more the merrier.