Open Invite Lounge, Tasmania

Hello Audiophiles of SNA

Would like to extend an open invite to my dedicated stereo sound lounge in Tasmania to any Member of SNA and accompanied associated Family/Friends.

Please PM me to organize a time.

Feel free to bring your own media, particularly Vinyl and Digital on SSD.

Regards

Matthew 

Edited by Guest

Generous offer! Hobart or Launceston? (Or...?)

Hello there Sir, Launceston is 150Klm's away, the closest City is Devonport 50Klm's away, both to the East.

You could say, it's a little out of the way

Will keep the rif raf down to respectable levels 

Hello there Sir, Launceston is 150Klm's away, the closest City is Devonport 50Klm's away, both to the East.

You could say, it's a little out of the way

Will keep the rif raf down to respectable levels 

Sorry my bad, it has been awhile. Totally forgotten about Davenport!  Ferry across Spirit of Tassie, half an hour from Davenport and you're at Burnie! I dated a Davenport girl once.  :D

Edited by Sirmorebeer

If only you were closer.

Went through burnie once on the way to the Nut. Do they have eftpos at the servo yet? Was a while ago.

Yea, the old servo is closed now and it did have eftpos for a while. 

Pies were no good anyway, terrible actually from 1 memory. Worth the wait though until you get to Rocky Cape Tavern for a counter meal.

We haven't  had the paper mil on the waterfront or paint pigment factory just up the coast for a while so the water isn't brown out for 3 klm's anymore.  :( Burnie was never glamorous but it is better now, just the monstrous piles of wood chips and pine logs at the warf, with big cruse ships parked next door.  :D with the tug and TOLL Boat.

Ah maybe one day I'll get to QLD.  :)

Cheers, 

Sorry my bad, it has been awhile. Totally forgotten about Davenport!  Ferry across Spirit of Tassie, half an hour from Davenport and you're at Burnie! I dated a Davenport girl once.  :D

You will keep, Mr Beer  :thumb:

Hello Audiophiles of SNA

Would like to extend an open invite to my dedicated stereo sound lounge in Tasmania to any Member of SNA and associated Family/Friends.

Please PM me to organize a time.

Feel free to bring your own media, particularly Vinyl and Digital on SSD.

Regards

Matthew

Will be over in a couple of months and will take you up on the offer Matt.
  • Like 1

Will be over in a couple of months and will take you up on the offer Matt.

Ah, you are going to be a local on the almost furthest place in Tasmania you can almost get,  :D but that's Ok.

Will be a great occasion to catch up.

:)

On any given day  :) and I'll put the ladder up out of the way, there is another one on the other end of the room, but can look at that here 

post-149865-0-39353000-1456316387_thumb.

Edited by Guest

Devonport  :thumb:

• 3 weeks later...

Upgrades, to the Tasmanian open invite lounge include 4 x 18" Exidos Maelstrom X Sub Drivers in 800 litres of sealed enclosures. Sounds nice.

post-149865-0-92717600-1458035995_thumb.

Lounge is still yet to see a visitor from SNA since the horns arrived.

Winter is coming so the floor treatment gets rolled out soon, winter cave mode. Room is also undergoing more treatments including corner traps for the rear wall, note full treated ceiling with diffusers.  :)

Edited by Guest

Upgrades, to the Tasmanian open invite lounge include 4 x 18" Exidos Maelstrom X Sub Drivers in 800 litres of sealed enclosures. Sounds nice.

attachicon.gifIMG_0201.JPG

Lounge is still yet to see a visitor from SNA since the horns arrived.

Winter is coming so the floor treatment gets rolled out soon, winter cave mode. Room is also undergoing more treatments including corner traps for the rear wall, note full treated ceiling with diffusers.  :)

Matt

I am following your posts with great interest and admiration. I wish I had your energy.

Thank you for sharing your journey and the invites.

Maybe one day I will be able to hear your system.

• Like 1

Hello @@Jventer

I believe you would like the flat response to 10Hz, with supreme clarity above is something I have worked for for many, many years and to get it at close to 97dB efficiency on a small amp was even more profound. Things I have learned over time from users like yourself via SNA. More of a gentle nudge now and again in the right direction  ;) and thanks for helping in the Battery Based Audiophile thread.

Gentlemen such as yourself will always be very welcome.

Best Regards

Easter weekend is almost here, anyone travelling along the NW Coast of Tassie is welcome to drop by. Will be listening to about 50 new records + a number of others, with at least 1 day dedicated to tuning and EQ of the new horn rig. 

Feast for the ears !

:welcome:

post-149865-0-35693700-1458629794_thumb.