Sign in to follow this  
SS-Audio

Conductor V2 USB Soundcard, 8Watt Head Amp, Preamp - Indiegogo Campaign

We are very excited to introduce the third generation of Burson Audio Conductor.  We named it Conductor V2.

Why Indiegogo it?  We need your help to set a lower price tag for it.     The previous Conductor is priced at 1999USD and with all the added performance and features, the V2 costs even more to build.  However, we want it to have a lower price so more audiophiles can own this truly amazing machine.  

Link to campaign (Burson Indiegogo)

Now that looks like a tempting piece of gear, very nice!

The new Conductor V2+ with DSD looks to be one enticing package. Am I the only one who is eager to hear it?

Has anyone heard one already? Care to share?

I've had a Burson Conductor Virtuoso for a few months now. Superb piece of kit. I actually bought it equally for pre-amp, USB-DAC and headphones duties. Very happy in all respects, and I'm certainly listening to my headphones more than ever.

Be nice to hear the changes in the new model. 

Nice, but why no balanced outputs?

@@Mash - Does your amp not take RCAs?

@@enikoy - what were you using before the Virtuoso?

I shall be comparing it to my original Conductor. Not quite sure how all the upgrades will change the sound... Particularly keen to hear how my DSD albums sound (as opposed to being downsampled to PCM). But waiting to hear it for myself.

I've been enjoying the Audirvana remote update. It makes me all the more impatient to play with the V2+ - and its slick remote.. just wanna fondle it's buttons

But being able to browse my library with the A+ remote is making music even more of a joy. With music sounding so good right now, I wonder what the V2+ will bring to the table. I'm always wondering how much more texture might be had in a recording...

It's actually my first amp with a headphone focus. I previously used the headphone out from integrated amps (new Yamaha, vintage Accuphase etc). As I mentioned before I chose the Virtuoso equally for it Headphone amp, Pre-amp and DAC functionality, and I got a sweet deal.

I'm not a head-fi guy, so have long felt I'm missing out on what most consider to be the Conductor's forte.

I've very much enjoyed it as a DAC+pre, though. Music is sounding awfully good right now... I wonder improvements your V1+ and the new V2+ bring.... Nice to see great gear like this being sold at such reasonable prices.

@@Mash - Does your amp not take RCAs?

I shall be comparing it to my original Conductor. Not quite sure how all the upgrades will change the sound... Particularly keen to hear how my DSD albums sound (as opposed to being downsampled to PCM). But waiting to hear it for myself.

I've been enjoying the Audirvana remote update. It makes me all the more impatient to play with the V2+ - and its slick remote.. just wanna fondle it's buttons

But being able to browse my library with the A+ remote is making music even more of a joy. With music sounding so good right now, I wonder what the V2+ will bring to the table. I'm always wondering how much more texture might be had in a recording...

I have ordered a v2+ and hopefully it will be here shortly, at which point I will relay my impressions. Also hoping to also get the Timekeeper Virtuoso at the same time as the two as a stack for me fulfil all of my requirements for a system these days.....

Great Greg - please do share your impressions

I'm curious about the Timekeeper too.

What are the Bursons replacing?

Great Greg - please do share your impressions

I'm curious about the Timekeeper too.

What are the Bursons replacing?

The V2+ is replacing a WA6SE and EE Minimax - need something in one box that fits in with my set up and my experience upgrading the Minimax to Burson V5 Opamps was so positive I decided to go the whole hog - Amp wise I was using the Usher R1.5, then replaced that with a home made 20w Class A amp (Hiraga Le Classe A (which blew the Usher r1.5 out of the water). I'm hoping the V2+ and Timekeeper Virtuoso will be a desktop Dac/Headamp/Preamp/Amp solution that will replace everything else with less fuss and cables etc....

Intriguing.

From the little I could read of the Hirage, it seems like a special amp. I'd imagine you've got some very efficient speakers to go with the 20W Hirage?

I'm very curious how the Timekeeper compares in the nuance stakes with the Hirage.

Intriguing.

From the little I could read of the Hirage, it seems like a special amp. I'd imagine you've got some very efficient speakers to go with the 20W Hirage?

I'm very curious how the Timekeeper compares in the nuance stakes with the Hirage.

I have Usher Mini Dancer 2's - 90db so reasonably efficient - The 20w Hiraga (I have both the Le Class A and the Le Monstre) both drive them to sufficient volume without much effort (and the Le Monstre puts out less than 15w). I did put a lot of capacitance/spare headroom in the power supply and also dual mono which is essential in these amps - they are both very special amps but if I could criticise them at all I would say the bass response is a little looser than the the speakers are capable of producing - Treble/Soundstage/Imaging etc is spot on. The Timekeeper Virtuoso will be an interesting comparison - also a lot neater than mine which looked like a retro steam punk amp.

A lot to be said for a retro steam punk aesthetic, me thinks!

Hiraga - my bad.

You may want to hang onto one of them... They may not be he best for driving the Ushers, but may come into their own if you find the right speakers... (Says the woeful hoarder with a verandah full of junk to sort!).

I'll be keen to hear how the Timekeeper goes to capture the liquidity and soundstaging of the Hiraga amps. It would be strange if the Timekeeper didn't improve the grip, slam and dynamics a little.

Going from the 60W Burson 100 to the 450W monos didn't bring as great a difference to the mass of the bass as I expected. There wasn't really more bass, from what I could tell. Nor was the volume really impacted (I even suspect the volume may have had to go UP with the monos??). Hard to say which of the many benefits brought by the monos was down to the increase in power.

And equally curious on a similar score when you compare the V2+ to the Woo Audio amp. :-)

I am very much looking forward to getting my hands on the V2+

A lot to be said for a retro steam punk aesthetic, me thinks!

Hiraga - my bad.

You may want to hang onto one of them... They may not be he best for driving the Ushers, but may come into their own if you find the right speakers... (Says the woeful hoarder with a verandah full of junk to sort!).

I'll be keen to hear how the Timekeeper goes to capture the liquidity and soundstaging of the Hiraga amps. It would be strange if the Timekeeper didn't improve the grip, slam and dynamics a little.

Going from the 60W Burson 100 to the 450W monos didn't bring as great a difference to the mass of the bass as I expected. There wasn't really more bass, from what I could tell. Nor was the volume really impacted (I even suspect the volume may have had to go UP with the monos??). Hard to say which of the many benefits brought by the monos was down to the increase in power.

And equally curious on a similar score when you compare the V2+ to the Woo Audio amp. :-)

I am very much looking forward to getting my hands on the V2+

Comparisons will be coming - but usually don't really need to as you know when something sounds just right when you have been through a good number of source/amp combos - all of the comparisons in the world don't cover the feeling you get when the synergy works!