Sign in to follow this  
betty boop

JVC Redux, JVC's DLA-X7000 4K E-shift projector - an end user perspective

16 minutes ago, betty boop said:

Bringing this to a close ... packed up and dropped off at new owners today ...

IMG_0030.jpeg

Sob 😥

1 hour ago, muriwai said:

N7?😳

as one chapter ends ... another soon begins ... :) 

5 hours ago, muriwai said:

Damn you Al,you will have me and Dave on the upgrade treadmill!! 😉

@murawai it's all up to you now.

I'm in the process of relocating to NSW. I will have to survive without a PJ and my beloved HT room for an indefinite period. 

Hopefully when I build our new dream home in a year or so woofer will be selling his RS4500 laser along with an Envy.

I'll be packing my X7000 and all my gear into storage in the meantime. 

😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

38 minutes ago, IMDave said:

@murawai it's all up to you now.

I'm in the process of relocating to NSW. I will have to survive without a PJ and my beloved HT room for an indefinite period. 

Hopefully when I build our new dream home in a year or so woofer will be selling his RS4500 laser along with an Envy.

I'll be packing my X7000 and all my gear into storage in the meantime. 

😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

Wow quite a move dave ! will miss you from out our ways... wish well with the move ! sorry to hear things will be all packed up ! hopefully things come through in a year or so time :)

indeed muri keeping in mind what you have is a pretty fine thing. whether decide to jump upto you but rest assured you'd be pretty happy either ways :) 

56 minutes ago, betty boop said:

Wow quite a move dave ! will miss you from out our ways... wish well with the move ! sorry to hear things will be all packed up ! hopefully things come through in a year or so time :)

indeed muri keeping in mind what you have is a pretty fine thing. whether decide to jump upto you but rest assured you'd be pretty happy either ways :) 

Thanks Al.

Yeah , a big move at my age.😃😃

As your sig. says, "it's a drug", and I am a confessed addict, so don't worry I will continue to lurk here and keep my finger on the PJ pulse.

I can see Dean's CC getting a workout very soon for a NX7, despite the fact he just bought a new bulb for the X7000.😁😁

Hope you get a lot of enjoyment from the new machine.

As you say, they are certainly more "plug & play" than HDR on the first gen machines.

As the new owner of the projector, a HUGE thanks to Al for taking the time to drop it off to me and for the IMMACULATE care he's taken of the unit. The only way you'd know it was a second-hand unit was that it was missing the "ugly yellow sticker" 😉 Thanks again Al - you've been a pleasure to deal with 🙂 

Also thanks to everyone who's contributed to this thread as it will give me some great guidance as I explore the ins-and-outs as I explore my first foray into "going large or going home"... only I've gone large and now I'll be staying home 😉 

5 minutes ago, Arrjo said:

As the new owner of the projector, a HUGE thanks to Al for taking the time to drop it off to me and for the IMMACULATE care he's taken of the unit. The only way you'd know it was a second-hand unit was that it was missing the "ugly yellow sticker" 😉 Thanks again Al - you've been a pleasure to deal with 🙂 

Also thanks to everyone who's contributed to this thread as it will give me some great guidance as I explore the ins-and-outs as I explore my first foray into "going large or going home"... only I've gone large and now I'll be staying home 😉 

thank you Arrjo ! couldn't think of a better person to have gone to. I am very pleased you are happy with it.  here's wishing many years of joy in ownership ! :) it certainly is a fantastic thing and cant wait to see how comes though in your setup.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Minitransit
      Item: Epson EH-TW6600W  3D projector
      Price: 850
      Item Condition: Perfect
      Reason for selling: No longer Required
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
      Extra Info: 
      Projector is in perfect condition. Was purchased new in 2016. 
      Purchased in October 2019 from this forum. The item has not been used or set up and has remained boxed since Oct 2019.

Previous owner installed new lamp and has done 150 hours on it. He had absolutely no issues.
      Only selling because I got a good deal on a Epson 9300.
      Unit is in a wooded crate and safe packing for shipping interstate.

Priced to sell

Projector comes with:
      - 2x 3d glasses unused
      - Wireless module
      - Remote
      - Spare Lamp
      - Power cord

I may be slow to respond to queries as I am travelling for two weeks.

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.
    • By mgrobins
      Item: JVC DLA X-35 Projector
      Price: $1100 (price edited after reviewing other information. Sorry for any inconvenience).
      Item Condition: Used - perfect condition
      Reason for selling: lack of use & need to re-purpose HT area
      Extra Info:

Projector is fully functional with only 484hrs on lamp.
      All original parts such as 3D glasses, manual etc are included 
      Original box for safe travel.
      Cosmetically perfect  when wiped down (excuse some fingerprints and dust in image).

Projector info: X-35 Review 

Darbee Doublet 5000 and TP-Link Wireless access point included (WAP is for IP control of projector).

I am selling an Anamorphic lens and screen as well (see advertisements). They are not included with this sale / price. I will happily neg a great price if you purchase them as a package.

Specs:

Brightness: 1,300 Lumens Contrast: 50,000:1 (full on/off) Resolution: 1920x1080 Native Aspect Ratio: 16:9 (HD) Color Processing: 8-bit Projector Size: 18 cm x 45 cm x 47 cm (HxWxD) Weight: 14.8 kg Video Modes: 720p, 1080i, 1080p/60, 1080p/24, 1080p/50, 480p, 480i Data Modes: MAX 1920x1080 3D Modes: Full HD 3D 3D Glasses Type: Shutter Lamp Life: 3,000 hours  / 4,000 hours (eco) Lamp Type: NSH Lamp Wattage: 230 Watts Lamp Quantity: 1 Lamp Code: PK-L2312U Display Type: 2 cm D-ILA (3) Std. Zoom Lens: Powered, 2.00:1 Std. Lens Focus: Powered Optional Lenses: No Lens Shift: Horizontal +/-34.0% & Vertical +/-80.0% Throw Distance: 4.6 m - 6.1 m Image Size: 187 cm - 500 cm Throw Ratio: 1.40:1 - 2.80:1 (D:W) Projector Placement: For a cm diagonal screen, place the projector lens between 3.1 m and 6.2 m from the screen. Digital Keystone: No Audible Noise: ** Speakers: No Max Power: 330 Watts Voltage: 100V - 240V Connection Panel: Component (RCA),  Network (RJ-45),  RS232 (DB-9pin),  12-Volt Trigger,  HDMI 1.4a,  HDMI 1.4a  

• By surprisetech
      Item:  JVC RX-5022V. 5.1 Channel Dolby Digital/dts/ProLogic II Receiver.
      Price:  $100 +Postage at cost if required.
      Item Condition:  Very good used condition.
      Reason for selling: Deceased estate.
      Extra Info:
      One of my father in law's AVRs.  This was the heart of his main system and was still in use until September last year.
      Includes Optical & Coaxial S/PDIF inputs, but no HDMI.
      Very well looked after and fully functional.  Includes original remote control and User Manual.

• By Arny87
      Hi, New member to Stereo.net.au and loving it,

I need some help/advice please. I am building a new house (4 months) and Im going a dedicated home theatre room 7.3m x 4.2m. Ive decided to go a AT screen either Woven or Perforated as i want as big as i can fit comfortably in that room, my concern is the brightness, Most i can find have gains of around .8 to .95    

The projector is a Sony 570es (695es) native 4k with 1800lumens, My concern is the size of the screen being 140inch, the throw of around 5.5 - 6m and AT screen wont get very bright. As i would like to hit close to HDR colours/brightness if possible.

If anyone has any recommendations i can consider, or better yet has a set up similar that can share experience with.

Appreciate your time.