FOUND: WTB: DAC

4heckssake

Item: DAC
Price Range: $300- $500
Item Condition:Used but in good working and physical condition
Extra Info:

I'm looking for a DAC to use in conjunction with a mac mini and possibly a macbook air.

USB connection would be nice.

I have not had a separate DAC before but have been recommended to look for a Schiit Bifrost or Audio-gd something or other.

I would also consider the basic offering from cambridge audio, arcam and if i can stretch the budget, a Rega DAC.

Basically I will consider anything in my price range.

I am located in Adelaide and happy to pay for shipping in Aus.

What ya got?

Hi, I have a Resonessence Concero HD dac available within your budget.

Thanks

cool. there's another DAC that i have never heard of and will now google.

I'm sure it's well known, I'm just new to all this. each new DAC name sounds like a foreign word. or perhaps i've stumbled into a foreign land...

cool. there's another DAC that i have never heard of and will now google.

I'm sure it's well known, I'm just new to all this. each new DAC name sounds like a foreign word. or perhaps i've stumbled into a foreign land...

Keep reading on SNA and then Googling.

There is a world of Dac's out there. Whilst we on SNA have our own favourites  I have 100% faith in members comments. 

If you buy used you should get good value for money. 

One caveat I would like to add is that you have to listen to something before you buy. We all have preferences.

Most of all - relax and enjoy the journey.

Thanks all.

Yes I am still reading and googling (using duckduckgo in my case).

I've had heaps of nice offers to consider for purchase, loan or a listen so I might be a few days working the options.

The best purchase options, as is often the case, are interstate, but if any Radelaidian SNAers have a DAC to sell feel free to add it to the mix!

cheers,

Rod.

I had a listen to a couple of the lower spec Cambridge Audio DACs with the intent of buying one, but didn't end up with one as they left a little to be desired, although doing nothing particularly wrong. I ended up with a Resonessence Herus which is very good, although the Chord I also listened to was better... but at 4-5 times the price :-)

• 1 month later...

all done now. received an Audio-gd 2.32 dac this arvo. it sounds great.

Welcome to the shiny future!!

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk