Are CDs getting more expensive?

I was trawling JB last week and the usual prices for non-sale CDs, like a Pearl Jam, Rolling Stones or Led Zep etc, were ridiculous. I remember

getting the Led Zeppelin deluxe for about 19.99 and now they're like 27.99 or something. Is my JB just more expensive or are CDs going up? 

Edited by debblernuts

Even worse is this

Rush down and buy a freshly released cd of Van Morriso called Pay The Devil I think

Couple of months later same cd has extra tracks

Bought a 6 cd set of Springsteen out takes

Then they released a selection on 2 CDs with a very famous song long talked about in web sites not on the 6 cd set

Often used to rush out and pay 28 or 30 dollars for a cd

6 months later 15 dollars

But I have noticed special edition CDs go up in price

It's all relative. I thought CDs were too expensive in 1987, and LPs as well. At least the CD is perfect sound forever :-). Since then we have had a lot of inflation and relative to our pay packets CDs and to a lesser extent LPs are decent value.

I was surprised to see a second hand Paul Kelly Gossip gatefold LP in Rockinghorse recently for something like .$60 dollars. I have one of those that is VG to mint (it used to tape my LPs). I suddenly feel extravagant.

I paid under $20 for that album Black Star by that ex- English bloke on CD at JB. Instant gratification was had. Try and get that from a UK store.

• Like 1