• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I hope Doug doesnt mind me posting this here ...   Today was a happy day for him and a sad day for me...  my beloved Duntech Soverigns have found a new owner  😭    Doug and "Red" m

Been a bit bored and agitated by not having an amp this past week so decided to try a new room layout while waiting for the new amp to arrive and as usual I reckon this new layout will solve some prev

What an amazing couple of days. To think this time last week the thought of actually owning a pair of Sovereigns would have just been a daydream to now actually having a pair in situ in the church is

Posted Images

So after a few days of mucking around a few things has become apparent.

The speakers are too far apart

I could use a bit more power

So im currently entertaining the idea of selling everything off and simplifying the system to a super integrated instead which would mean I could get rid of the rack and move the right speaker in a bit as well as getting one with a bit more juice than my 150w Pass. I have also come to the realisation that im most likely never going to utilise the DEQX HDP5 to its full potential and surprisingly the new JBL's play much better in my room than the Zingalis so I no longer have the 12db peak @ 48hz that needs correction so im just running it with no speaker or room correction at the moment. Also not using the dac so thats a waste as well.

So im thinking about a Jeff Roland Continuum  @400w/8 and 800w/4 with optional phono. Hmmm nice neat all in one solution.....

So expect to see me put out a few EOI on the HDP5, Pass 150.5 & Manley phono soon.

nice, lots of big woofers in large boxes, that will do it every time. 

Well done. :thumb: Pity I live across the ditch, would like a listen to the 4435 JBL's.

nice, lots of big woofers in large boxes, that will do it every time. 

Well done. :thumb: Pity I live across the ditch, would like a listen to the 4435 JBL's.

Catch the ferry.

Stands? about 1' high or less.

Edited by awty

I could use a bit more power

So im currently entertaining the idea of selling everything off and simplifying the system to a super integrated instead which would mean I could get rid of the rack and move the right speaker in a bit as well as getting one with a bit more juice than my 150w Pass. I have also come to the realisation that im most likely never going to utilise the DEQX HDP5 to its full potential and surprisingly the new JBL's play much better in my room than the Zingalis so I no longer have the 12db peak @ 48hz that needs correction so im just running it with no speaker or room correction at the moment. Also not using the dac so thats a waste as well.

So im thinking about a Jeff Roland Continuum  @400w/8 and 800w/4 with optional phono. Hmmm nice neat all in one solution.....

So expect to see me put out a few EOI on the HDP5, Pass 150.5 & Manley phono soon.

You really do need to be an economic powerhouse to run a church!

Things evolving at pace now mate!!

Still awaiting.

Not much to see as I'm still trying to sort out where to put it after I shuffled the speakers around. Below is how it currently looks in all its ugly disarray...

Work in progress.

post-122789-0-11682300-1458900352_thumb.

post-122789-0-46273700-1458900380_thumb.

You're like one of those dudes who change women a lot - cause you're never satisfied, right?  :P

You're like one of those dudes who change women a lot - cause you're never satisfied, right?  :P

Well they say variety is the spice of life.....

Hmm got me thinking tho if only it were this cheap to swap wives 😀

Actually speaking of wives for the first time in history my Mrs complemented the new amp with "that looks nice" instead of the usual "ewww that freakin ugly"

Seems tides are turning in the church.