The church's new layout

Moving slower in the church than id hoped. A few bad Ebay purchases have set me back a bit and another kick to the nuts is my (most probably) redundancy from my job of 25 years. Was really hoping to host a GTG  mid Sep but alas yet another setback. That said faith in the (unholy) resurrection prevails so things will  get better....

Heres the current status tracking down a channel imbalance.
IMG_3807.thumb.JPG.e4adfb5c5a92d6e7fd6914c35be6aa01.JPG
Rotten luck - time to give in to the lure of trouble free Sonos!
Oh and I'll bring Mr Johnson [emoji1]
  • Haha 1

Sorry to hear of impending job loss. I hope a) it doesn’t occur or b) you are successful in rapidly finding replacement. 

Either way I know it’s not a great time, however you do have a wonderful meditation chamber and cooking arena. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Tubularbells said:

and another kick to the nuts is my (most probably) redundancy from my job of 25 years.

I wouldn't take it personally..... it's really just some middle managers way of saying that his budget sheet looks a little heavy this month and is getting some unwanted attention from upstairs for some reason....... :unsure:

Best advice I can give is do what I did...... give a metaphorical middle finger to your old boss by getting an even better job with better pay and conditions !!! :D 

.... and if you can get a redundancy package as well to spend on the church even better !!! ?

Edited by Martykt
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Darren69 said:

Redundancy- fantastic news, it's the push you needed, was a crap place to work anyhow, when one door closes another opens and all that. You'll look back and grin one day, this is a good thing.

I hope that didn't sound flippant as I certainly don't discount the uncertainty of leaving a possie that has been held for more than a few years, been a source of beer vouchers paying bills etc. I have held my breath and jumped off that ledge myself in the past but IME, I have always landed in a better place than if I had never jumped, I'll put it that way. At the very least, a better place that was a nice little stepping stone to yet another betterer place!

Am guessing it is a load off your shoulders mate, at the very least.

• Like 4

I have had two redundancies Doug.  It's outta your control so don't worry about it!

As Darren said, one door closes - a better door opens, or a door leading to an even better door.

Just keep in mind redundancy money disappears FAR quicker than you expect.

...And when was that GTG again?  ?

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Darren69 said:

I hope that didn't sound flippant as I certainly don't discount the uncertainty of leaving a possie that has been held for more than a few years, been a source of beer vouchers paying bills etc. I have held my breath and jumped off that ledge myself in the past but IME, I have always landed in a better place than if I had never jumped, I'll put it that way. At the very least, a better place that was a nice little stepping stone to yet another betterer place!

Am guessing it is a load off your shoulders mate, at the very least.

Na not flippant at all, its the truth. My team is about to enter another round of redundancies but this time ive said enough so stuck up my hand to take the hit instead. Over 9,000 jobs will be removed in the next few years so so if not now it could me next month/year anyway and being the tightarses they are no doubt there also looking for ways to reduce the redundancy payouts as well :angry2:

• Like 2

Have to agree with the comment about reducing the size of redundancies- 

7yrs ago the ‘standard’ oil & gas industry redundancy was way ahead of the norm. 

Nowadays, many companies (including the one I work for) have reduced their redundancy policy to be the minimum that the law requires. Except of course for Exec’s who have parachute clauses in their work contracts. 

23 hours ago, frankn said:

Have to agree with the comment about reducing the size of redundancies- 

7yrs ago the ‘standard’ oil & gas industry redundancy was way ahead of the norm. 

Nowadays, many companies (including the one I work for) have reduced their redundancy policy to be the minimum that the law requires. Except of course for Exec’s who have parachute clauses in their work contracts. 

Should never sign an employment contract without redundancy details written down in it. Had it happen a few times where they say refer to company policy. This allows them to change as it suits, to move it towards the minimum as required in relevant award.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Channel imbalance solved and it's on to more testing. Offset & bias optimised and these amps are sounding bloody fantastic. Running as monoblocks I finally found my endurance limit as 1kw of power xand 97db speakers made it LOUD (even for me). Anything more than 9 o'clock on the volume resulted in a nose bleed!

image.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Tubularbells said:

Come over Jake much better soundstage from my suburb.

Ahh, the caring and sharing.  Such neighbourly love.

And yes, the neighbours should be thanking you for the distortion free bass at 120dB!!!

• Haha 1

Guest jakeyb77
26 minutes ago, Tubularbells said:

Come over Jake much better soundstage from my suburb.

Will have to one day soon mate. I’m sure like me there are many of us just stoked to see you have a good outcome after the dramas. Good stuff mate. 

• 4 weeks later...

...It's just not good enough Doug!  ?

Hey at the Show last week I spied a plethora of Maddona stuff and you came to mind.

Being the sick puppy that we all know you are, you most likely have it all already.

So when is your GTG scheduled in for so, I know to leave that calendar date free?

Doug I have no idea what I’m looking at.

But I think it’s time you metal types got rid of your Satan avatars, well all know Satan likes smooth jazz and Muzak.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, joz said:

Doug I have no idea what I’m looking at.

But I think it’s time you metal types got rid of your Satan avatars, well all know Satan likes smooth jazz and Muzak.

Big fan of Snorah Jones I believe..... ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Red MacKay said:

...It's just not good enough Doug!  ?

Hey at the Show last week I spied a plethora of Maddona stuff and you came to mind.

Being the sick puppy that we all know you are, you most likely have it all already.

So when is your GTG scheduled in for so, I know to leave that calendar date free?

Really? I saw the odd 12" single but nothing too exciting (maybe i missed the secret stash!) but yeah I reckon im about done with that artist ?

As for a GTG i'll need to speak with the matriarch of GTG's @evil c to make sure it doesn't clash with any upcoming events but am thinking early Dec possibly