The church's new layout

Yes, for sure. The speakers might make you drop to your knees and thanks God you had a pulse once some big current went through them. Then you would know you need powerful amps as the next purchase, not speakers.

Possibly.

• Like 1

• Volunteer

Yes, for sure. The speakers might make you drop to your knees and thanks God you had a pulse once some big current went through them. Then you would know you need powerful amps as the next purchase, not speakers.

Possibly.

He's heard the Zingalis with a magtech so im guessing he knows what decent current can do :)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, what a day.....

3 deliveries and two pickups. So the Line Magnetic was shipped back and in its place a DEQX HDP5. Really nice looking unit it is too with its glossy black facia.

Also recieved 18m of Mogami speaker cable for a new layout I'm trying (when you need long amounts you soon start to forget about exotic cables that start to cost as much as a small car 😀)

And I also picked up my new amp....

More to come.

post-122789-0-25227800-1455862284_thumb.

post-122789-0-83326900-1455862311_thumb.

post-122789-0-70513700-1455862459_thumb.

post-122789-0-88816900-1455862480_thumb.

post-122789-0-40342900-1455862513_thumb.

post-122789-0-19406200-1455862536_thumb.

• Like 7

So it's been a few hours now, have the DEQX set to bypass (I.e. Just a basic preamp, no eq or correction) into the Pass Labs amp and what are my initial thoughts?

Bloody amazing......

Compared to my disappointment with the LM 219 a few weeks back it like I've now arrived. Just makes me want to play music which is exactly what I'm looking for so if this improves even further when the DEQX dudes make some measurements in a week or two, man oh man, look out!

• Like 2

So it's been a few hours now, have the DEQX set to bypass (I.e. Just a basic preamp, no eq or correction) into the Pass Labs amp and what are my initial thoughts?

Bloody amazing......

Compared to my disappointment with the LM 219 a few weeks back it like I've now arrived. Just makes me want to play music which is exactly what I'm looking for so if this improves even further when the DEQX dudes make some measurements in a week or two, man oh man, look out!

Great to hear TB :)

• Like 1

Bloody amazing......

Would be interesting to compare measurements of the old room setup with the newer (now defunct?) room setup. I'm guessing you're still settled back with the old arrangement? My money would be on the newer, rearranged one.

Would be interesting to compare measurements of the old room setup with the newer (now defunct?) room setup. I'm guessing you're still settled back with the old arrangement? My money would be on the newer, rearranged one.

Yeah your correct, many,many changes with both room and gear so it's impossible to differentiate between them all.

Here's a photo taken moments ago of the current setup.

post-122789-0-49822100-1455878670_thumb.

• Like 7

Yeah your correct, many,many changes with both room and gear so it's impossible to differentiate between them all.

Here's a photo taken moments ago of the current setup.

Again you taunt us with the empty chair !  :unsure:

• Like 1

Bloody amazing......

Doug

Glad to see it's finally gelling for you.

As a basic pre/DAC, they are a great unit. BUT I have just have two words for that, DEQXpert DEQXpert. When Alan worked his magic on my express II I was more than impressed, bang for buck it's a no brainer.

The only downside is i'm on the wrong side of the country, i'd love to have a listen to your setup.

Cheers

Dave

Edited by loki65
  • Like 1

What an amazing set up and I love the meters on the DEQX, very clever.

Yes they are a brilliant pre even on bypass. I listened to mine like that for quite some time and was happy until Al waved his magic wand and boom, like I suddenly got the best system in the Universe!! :)

Hope to visit one day Tubey.

What an amazing set up and I love the meters on the DEQX, very clever.Yes they are a brilliant pre even on bypass. I listened to mine like that for quite some time and was happy until Al waved his magic wand and boom, like I suddenly got the best system in the Universe!! :)Hope to visit one day Tubey.

Welcome anytime (isn't there a HiFi show here in Melb that your planning on going to 😀). Looking forward to being fully "DEQX'd" in the next few too. I was worried all this conversion was going to ruin my analog, I needn't have as it's sounding better than it's ever been and that is with a cheapish $400 cart.

Shuffled things around this morning as well

post-122789-0-05109100-1455929743_thumb.

post-122789-0-73818000-1455929841_thumb.

Edited by Tubularbells
  • Like 2