The church's new layout

Wow! Lots of different setups. You must tell us more of what they sounded like, strengths and weaknesses.

Awesome journey!

Its all been a bit of a blur to be honest but what I can say is most changes (apart from the jump to Zingali's) were more different flavours that massive jumps forward in terms of overall sound quality improvement.

Thanks mate, to be honest Im glad they didn't sell in my recent moment of madness as they still tick all the right boxes for me.

Agree!  An incredibly impressive speaker.  What's happened/happening to the Thor?  Just keen to head back down the tube road?

Thanks mate, to be honest Im glad they didn't sell in my recent moment of madness as they still tick all the right boxes for me.

I could not believe you were selling them, glad you kept them. They look and I am sure they sound stunning!!

Arrived. Still not sure how I managed to carry it into the house and up onto the stand.

So now that's it's been running for a few hours what are my first thoughts?

.....disappointment.

More to follow.

Was getting ready to click 'like' 'til I spotted this word!

Hopefully things change TB! Care to elaborate?

Was getting ready to click 'like' 'til I spotted this word!

Hopefully things change TB! Care to elaborate?

I know there's a probably a lot of "I told you so" (even coming from me :) )but at this stage I'm not sure it's a good match fo my speakers. Might just be having an off day so hopefully i can give it a few more days before I try a return it which at this stage I'm not sure if it's an option or not.

Here's the issue to pump out 90 odd db's it goes into redline!

post-122789-0-10857000-1454574339_thumb.

Edited by Tubularbells
  • Like 1

I'm disappointed that you're disappointed, TB. :(

But, something doesn't add up here.  I would've bet the Line Magnetic would power 97dB speakers with ease.  Maybe check everything again just in case?

Do you have any other speakers to try the amp with? - maybe there's a fault or wrong setting?  In Suresh's massive room Stump's LM did a sterling job in making the diminutive Wyndham Audio CH1's sound huge and they're rated at 93dB.

Edited by Tony M
  • Like 1

I'm disappointed that you're disappointed, TB. :(

But, something doesn't add up here.  I would've bet the Line Magnetic would power 97dB speakers with ease.  Maybe check everything again just in case?

Do you have any other speakers to try the amp with? - maybe there's a fault or wrong setting?  In Suresh's massive room Stump's LM did a sterling job in making the diminutive Wyndham Audio CH1's sound huge and they're rated at 93dB.

I don't get t either, maybe my speakers have a funky impedance curve but I find it hard to believe as it's such a simple 2 way design with a fairly simple crossover

This was a store demo so I suspected worn tubes however the retailer assured me they have no more that 150 hours. I have also re-biased everything so it's perfect but apart from that there's not much I can do.

Do you recall the meters redlining in Suresh's system as I'm not sure how accurate they are as it still sounds pretty good when there maxing out as shown in the above pic however I get paranoid so quickly turn it down.

post-122789-0-41762000-1454576390_thumb.

post-122789-0-50192300-1454576439_thumb.

post-122789-0-04861100-1454576489_thumb.

Sometimes it's just a different sound and it takes a week or so to grow on you.

Also, at your level it's very easy to step sideways or backwards when getting other stuff.

Good onya mate, you wont die wondering eh?

Sure looks nice. :)

• Like 3

Agreed which is why I'm going to give it a few days but there are other issues as well as the amp has a few bumps and bruises when I was told it was mint that also peeved me when I mentioned this I got an apology and "this is the reason I threw in some decent 12AX7's for compensation"

Yeah well and good until I try and sell it down the line in less than perfect condish...

post-122789-0-58769100-1454581160_thumb.

post-122789-0-40555900-1454581193_thumb.

post-122789-0-18081300-1454581241_thumb.

Ford Laser silver touch up pen and no one would know the difference brother. One of the prettiest amps I have seen.

Shame they don't deliver the SPL goods like solid state. Hahaaa!!! Takes flame suit off coat hanger.

Edited by Darren69