Tubularbells

The church's new layout

Been a bit bored and agitated by not having an amp this past week so decided to try a new room layout while waiting for the new amp to arrive and as usual I reckon this new layout will solve some previous issues (and no doubt create some new ons too) but no harm in trying right?

First 3 pics show new layout and the last is the old.

post-122789-0-63118700-1453884662_thumb.

post-122789-0-28272100-1453884678_thumb.

post-122789-0-63356300-1453884772_thumb.

post-122789-0-28505900-1453884910_thumb.

Looks great mate... Some VERY tasty metal you have there not to mention the Bohren and Julee Cruise LPs.. When's the GTG?

and... What amp are you waiting for?

Looks great mate... Some VERY tasty metal you have there not to mention the Bohren and Julee Cruise LPs.. When's the GTG?

and... What amp are you waiting for?

Ha yep anyone flicking through my LP's wold probably think I'm bi-polar as it contains a bit everything. Metal is definitely my favorite style however that doesn't stop me from also owning 57 odd Madonna records as well 😀

Going to give one of these amps a try.

post-122789-0-46041400-1453890358_thumb.

Via Osborne? Heard them a while back. Lovely things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been a bit bored and agitated by not having an amp this past week so decided to try a new room layout while waiting for the new amp to arrive and as usual I reckon this new layout will solve some previous issues (and no doubt create some new ons too) but no harm in trying right?

First 3 pics show new layout and the last is the old.

Looks great mate - something missing from the pic though ????

- - - - - that's it - me sipping a red in the sweet spot at gtg [emoji5]

New cables arrived yesterday so now have 2x 7m runs from the main rack out to the amp however it doesn't look like the new amp will be arriving until at least late next week so it looks like another tough weekend without music for me.

Edited by Tubularbells

New cables arrived yesterday so now have 2x 7m runs from the main rack out to the amp however it doesn't look like the new amp will be arriving until at leat late next week so it looks like another tough weekend without music for me.

Wow, tough gig.

Fantastic set-up, and that amp looks brilliant.  :)

Going to be interesting going back to a low power SET amp again being a potentially risky move seeing that I heard a big improvement going from a Leben CS600 to a Bladelius Thor (40w Vs. 180w) but as we all know power output doesn't necessarily tell the full story does it.

So here's my thinking....

Amp: 24W

Speakers:97db

Listening distance: Approx 2m

Speakers put out 97db @ 1w/1 meter, subtract 6db due to doubling of listening distance and add 3db as 2 speakers running so that brings down overall efficiency in room to approx 94db @ 1w

So.....

94/1w

97/2w

100/4w

103/8w

106/16w

109/32w

So I reckon/hoping i'll get about 107db @ full power (perhaps more as I believe the 6db loss for each doubling of distance is for anechoic conditions) so seeing as most listening is done around 80-85db that will give me at least 20db headroom so should be all good..

These are uncharted waters for me but what gives me some hope is I did run a 8w SET amp for a long period using 92db speakers (Omega XRS8) and was pretty happy with the output provided.

I love this amp. Such a beast, mind your back...

(I import these so disregard any comments from me as propaganda)