Specs on Vintage Etone Drivers

Sub Sonic

Hi all,

I was given a pair of vintage Etone drivers this morning which had been removed from a church, and had been used for an electronic organ which has since been replaced. I cannot find any specs on the net, does anyone have any information or experience with them? I'll be able to measure them up at some stage but was curious as to x-max, sensitivity, FR intended use etc...

The drivers are Etone Model 216. Nominal diameter is 12", cones are paper with a dual "whizzer" cone. DC resistance is around 10.5 ohms. Fs feels to be fairly high, with a pleated/coated, slightly sticky surrounds. Magnet is covered with a pressed aluminium cup, baskets are cast aluminium. The back of the cones has the number "3038-1" printed in white, and the cork gasket has the number "177" printed. Estimated age is around 40 years (?)

Any information appreciated.

Cheers!

SS

post-133526-0-01088500-1453845444_thumb.

post-133526-0-80796400-1453845467_thumb.

Edited by Sub Sonic

• 1 year later...

This is probably to late and you've moved on but I've had a set of these dual cone stones in the past and own a pair now from 1986 and they are rated at 8ohm 100Watt yours may be the earlier 60watt 8ohm duel cone, http://www.guitargear.net.au/discussion/index.php?PHPSESSID=kffmcjsu3kbgtsd4didkischf0&topic=17664.0 etone are still in Sydney and have a web site, they make excellent speakers, With these you will need to run a pizzo tweeter for optimal sound, they will surprise you what they can do, I run mine on a 1000watt 8ohm power amp and they have never let go, nice speaker great all round sound perfect for powerful home system or smaller PA 

IMG_2154.JPG

Edited by Riggsy
extra information
  • Like 2