Fargo..again

I just finished season 2 of Fargo and immediately started season 1. Season 2 is simply incredible. The story is apparently true and amazing because of it. The cast of characters is wonderful and the violence startling. The soundtrack? Well that's just a benchmark in television. A combination of superbly selected songs backed by an incredible score.

Visually and aurally astounding.

Watch it now!!!!

M

Sorry to break it to you, but the claim at the start of Fargo to be a true story is completely spurious

Edit Soundfan beat me to it

Well there you go! It made it somewhat more compelling though...

Had to wonder how violent that region was!!

• 1 year later...

I've found the third season very slow, only until last episode it seems to be building up.  It's taken 5 eps...

Having said that, I'm enjoying it more than season 2.  :)

Edit:  The bad guys seem to be the stand out performers in all seasons - Billy Bob (season 1), Bokeem Woodbine (season 2) and David Thewlis (season 3).

Edited by Kaynin

I've enjoyed Season 3 immensely, even though not a great deal happens until Episode 5, as @Kaynin indicated above. Love all the characters, and the dialogue is to die for.

I don't mind at all that it unfolds slowly, but I can hazard a guess there will be some carnage to come in the episodes to come. :)

Edited by soundfan
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Grumpy said:

BORING !!!!!!!!

I can help!

I'm wondering if this is a foreshadowing of something that happens in a later episode:

SO6M8bF.jpg

--Geoff

Edited by hired goon

I am not bored yet as hoping that like the other seasons all these odd scenes are related to what is going to happen next.

Have to admit maybe the lack of violence makes it seem boring at the moment.

• 4 weeks later...

So, the fact that this thread has gone silent means that there is probably not enough violence in Fargo Series three to keep the masses happy.  Excellent.  It can't be a cult favourite if too many people like it.

it has been a long time since I watched a TV program through my hands going, no. No. No.  Its called suspense.  Lots of threat and only enough violence to make it threatening.  Episode 8 was excellent.  i also loved it when they threw in the evil guy from Twin Peaks and the kitten.  The bar scene was a classic altered reality moment.

This week was good, but its kind of hard to follow on from the tension of last week.  That being said you can't have a Pixies song with out the soft to contrast against the loud.  Thats what makes it so special.

I don't watch a great deal of TV that isn't a documentary and thats fine because a little of the good stuff is better than sifting through the dross.

only problem now is that I believe espisode 10 is the last one.  That probably means that all the characters end, some most likely before the final scene.  I do wonder if the main thing to win out of this lot will be the ladies.  Every last one of them is a strong character, and not in a " meet the quota kind of way".  I hope they all survive well, although i suspect that the lead bad guy isn't the mastermind.  Its the lady from Donny Darko with the small part.  I reckon the money trail will lead to her pulling the strings.  Or maybe thats what they want me to think.

Fargo season 3 is definitely the best think on my TV at the moment.

Episode 9 favourite moment.  When the bad guy says that the problem isn't the evil in the world, its the good who care about it, or words to that effect ( i didn't write it down, its the vibe that i liked).

• Like 1

I don't know what happened with SBS's broadcasts, it seems they missed episodes 5 and 6, one week was ep4, the next week was ep7. So, I've not watched beyond ep4 as I don't want to skip any.

Cheers,

Jason.

Thats weird.  I double checked the trailers and i have seen all the episodes, either on the night or on demand.  None have been missed.

oh........hang on, none were missed.  They started by showing double episodes.  Its now one a week.

If you go to SBS on demand you can catch up easy enough.  Episode 4 is about to expire but all the others are there.

Edited by Briz Vegas

I adore Fargo 3. Have streamed each episode as it has come to hand, and then watched it again when shown on SBS on demand. :)

Only one more episode to go, can't wait.

Great acting by all characters, and although more dialogue driven  with less violence than seasons 1 and 2, I've loved every minute.

Edited by soundfan
  • Like 1