Sign in to follow this  
caddisgeek

AFL 2016 - In honour of Nude

My Best Pies 22, What's your teams best 22?

This was hard and I'm not sure if Howe is up for rd 1.

No room for  - A Toovey, B Sinclair, J Frost, A Oxley, J Marsh but I'm not sure I can have Langdon and Maynard in the same side - bit short.  I'm a Maynard fan as he is such a good kick but stil prone to an error or two.  Still can't decide between Gault and big Mason - Gault is likley in front but they doent get any shorter in the last quater do they!  I reackon Mason can kick a few as well as ruck.

Also big shock i'd love to see specialburry controling the game and hitting targets off the half back flank.  

F J Howe D Moore A Fasolo         HF B McCaffer T Cloke D Swan         C T Varcoe T Adams S Sidebottom         HB B Maynard B Reid S Pendlebury         B T Langdon N Brown M Williams         Foll B Grundy A Trelor J DeGoey Int J Aish T Broomhead J Crisp   L Greenwood M Cox / C Gault  

@@DAMO 1147

No room for Witts in the ruck, Damo?

In the first NAB game, Witts and Grundy seemed to share the role well and I remember a comment that the fewer interchanges this year would see more teams rotate ruckman to the forward line.

Now, who shall I pick for West Coast?...

Agree Wolster

but some hard decisions have to be made.   

Can only see two of these 4 - Grundy, Witts, Gault and M Cox.

Grundy has no1 - the other spot I'm basing on mainly playing forward and relief ruck.  I really like Witts for tap work but for mine has not held enough marks down forward.  Great depth in the no 2 spot.  On form probably Gault is the front runner forward/ruck and Witts the better option in the ruck.

I just think big maso offers a great point of difference.  Likely all will get a run through the year.

I look forward to you squeezing out some WC boys - its tough on the MC.

Edited by DAMO 1147

My Best Pies 22, What's your teams best 22?

This was hard and I'm not sure if Howe is up for rd 1.

No room for  - A Toovey, B Sinclair, J Frost, A Oxley, J Marsh but I'm not sure I can have Langdon and Maynard in the same side - bit short.  I'm a Maynard fan as he is such a good kick but stil prone to an error or two.  Still can't decide between Gault and big Mason - Gault is likley in front but they doent get any shorter in the last quater do they!  I reackon Mason can kick a few as well as ruck.

Also big shock i'd love to see specialburry controling the game and hitting targets off the half back flank.  

F J Howe D Moore A Fasolo         HF B McCaffer T Cloke D Swan         C T Varcoe T Adams S Sidebottom         HB B Maynard B Reid S Pendlebury         B T Langdon N Brown M Williams         Foll B Grundy A Trelor J DeGoey Int J Aish T Broomhead J Crisp   L Greenwood M Cox / C Gault  

Is Reid fit? Can he stay on the park? Frosty is going to go past him (as a backman), if he hasn't already. Also think you are selling Toovey short, still an excellent closing speed and his kicking is pretty reliable now, Langdon and Maynard both butchered the ball on the weekend and still haven't got to the real pressure cooker of games that mean something. I'm still not sold on Broomhead, no doubt he has talent and smarts but looks slow and seems to be struggling to get the pace of AFL.

I hope so - Reid's the key and there is no way Frosty is passed him yet!

Agree that Tooves could be in for Langdon - i'm not sold on him at all and I had him in and out a lot.  In fact - I have Goldsack in front of both as a HF back but he is injured. Tossed up having Frosty in for Langdon as it gives us more height.

I do like Maynard and Broomhead though - some times you have to live with the mistakes to build a player.  I don't think we can win the GF this year so might as well get games into them.  .  I think Broomy was really just starting to put it together last year just prior to his injury.  Clean hands - I like - stil improving I think.

Elliot injured too!

I could be wrong just my idea's - this week!!

Edited by DAMO 1147

That side might be a bit top heavy in the forward line but I guess it will depend on the opposition. Agree with Damo about Goldsack, but injuries will influence all selections.

Bench depth will again be critical this year, as I think it will be the most competitive season for the top 8 it's ever been. I wouldn't be surprised if Sydney and WB don't make the finals, not because they're no good but just because every other side will have improved even more. Just can't see the two QLD sides having such a bad run with injuries again, and GWS should also add to their overall ability, especially with Stevie J in the side.

With the Pies, Geelong and Port threatening for a finals position, it's going to be really tough. Even though they have the draw from hell, the Crows seem to be doing everything right so far and I wouldn't rule them completely out of contention.

Who'd be brave enough to choose a top 8 right now?

Lets see a few more best 22 you gurus.

@@DAMO 1147

West Coast:

Backs

Will Schofield

Eric MacKenzie

Shannon Hurn ©

Half-backs

Sharrod Wellingham

Jeremy McGovern

Brad Sheppard

Centres

Andrew Gaff

Matt Priddis

Elliot Yeo

Half-forwards

Chris Masten

Jack Darling

Lewis Jetta

Forwards

Mark LeCras

Josh Kennedy

Jamie Cripps

Ruck

Nic Naitanui

Jack Redden

Luke Shuey

Interchange

Dom Sheed

Jon Giles

Xavier Ellis (SUB)

@@DAMO 1147

West Coast:

Backs

Will Schofield

Eric MacKenzie

Shannon Hurn ©

Half-backs

Sharrod Wellingham

Jeremy McGovern

Brad Sheppard

Centres

Andrew Gaff

Matt Priddis

Elliot Yeo

Half-forwards

Chris Masten

Jack Darling

Lewis Jetta

Forwards

Mark LeCras

Josh Kennedy

Jamie Cripps

Ruck

Nic Naitanui

Jack Redden

Luke Shuey

Interchange

Dom Sheed

Jon Giles

Xavier Ellis (SUB)

Looks good wol - no need for a sub now though - :)

I think Redden may take a few weeks but once he is fit wil slot in nicely.  I seen afare bit of him up here in QLD.

Traditionally Darling lookis a bit under sixe for a CHF bit they just dont play that way now. 

From the outside i'd lilkey swap Yeo for jetta.  I think jetta can fade out of games if he is not in the action.  Id keep him up higher.  Is ther not some better than Welligham?  To soft for mine.

2 Killer lines - Nat - Priddis, Shuey, Redden!!  LeCras, kennedy - i don't know cripps but it won't matter.   Actuly the ful backline is killer too.  If you guys done tmake it back to the big dance i'd be upset!!  Back in the day was Priddis a rookie? Passed up by all clubs in the draft?

I'll be interested to see if Mcgovern can reproduce he looks like he likes the local pie shop!

cheers Damo.

@@DAMO 1147

West Coast:

Backs

Will Schofield

Eric MacKenzie

Shannon Hurn ©

Half-backs

Sharrod Wellingham

Jeremy McGovern

Brad Sheppard

Centres

Andrew Gaff

Matt Priddis

Elliot Yeo

Half-forwards

Chris Masten

Jack Darling

Lewis Jetta

Forwards

Mark LeCras

Josh Kennedy

Jamie Cripps

Ruck

Nic Naitanui

Jack Redden

Luke Shuey

Interchange

Dom Sheed

Jon Giles

Xavier Ellis (SUB)

That's a pretty fair line up and will be very hard to beat at home. I'd swap Yeo and Jetta around, as Yeo can take a strong grab and break away from tackles a bit better.

I think you're down one player aren't you? Unless you don't think you'll need four interchanges...

Looks good wol - no need for a sub now though - :)

I think Redden may take a few weeks but once he is fit wil slot in nicely.  I seen afare bit of him up here in QLD.

Traditionally Darling lookis a bit under sixe for a CHF bit they just dont play that way now. 

From the outside i'd lilkey swap Yeo for jetta. Yep. That was a tough call. I'm a big fan of Yeo. I think jetta can fade out of games if he is not in the action.  Id keep him up higher.  Is ther not some better than Welligham? One of my favourite players. Came good at the sharp end of last season and was brilliant in the finals. To soft for mine.

2 Killer lines - Nat - Priddis, Shuey, Redden!!  LeCras, kennedy - i don't know cripps but it won't matter.   Actuly the ful backline is killer too.  If you guys done tmake it back to the big dance i'd be upset!!  Back in the day was Priddis a rookie?

Passed up by all clubs in the draft? Mature age pick, I think. He won two premierships with Subiaco and the Sandover Medal before West Coast picked him up.

I'll be interested to see if Mcgovern can reproduce he looks like he likes the local pie shop! Agreed but the way he floats across defence, taking intercept marks is uncanny.

cheers Damo.

Back in the day was Priddis a rookie? Passed up by all clubs in the draft?

cheers Damo.

Priddis is only the second player to have won the Sandover (WAFL B&F) and Brownlow medals. Also the only player t win a Brownlow from the rookie draft! Scary to think how good Priddis would have been with an extra yard or two of pace!

Anyhoo...I have a slightly different B22 to @@wolster

FB: Butler MacKenzie Hurn

HB: Wellingham Schofield Sheppard

C: Gaff Priddis Jetta

HF: Darling McGovern LeCras

FF: Cripps Kennedy Hill

R: Naitanui Shuey Yeo

I: Lycett, Redden, Masten, Sheed

Our depth is looking a lot better this year but still thin on ball winning midfielders to fill any injury breaches. We definitely still lack grunt in that department with the bulk of the work left to Priddis and Shuey. We got shown up by hard inside teams like North, Freo and Hawthorn at various stages. Hopefully Redden coming in and natural maturing of Sheed will help spread the load.

I'm not a fan of Darling at CHF. He is best as a over sized flanker working back with the flight of the ball or playing key forward much closer to goal. A lot of his skill set is wasted when he is tied to the obligations of CHF.  McGovern can allow this to happen and has a much better skill set for playing CHF IMO.

Just for fun...

post-133926-0-24478600-1457534320_thumb.

Priddis is only the second player to have won the Sandover (WAFL B&F) and Brownlow medals. Also the only player t win a Brownlow from the rookie draft! Scary to think how good Priddis would have been with an extra yard or two of pace!

Anyhoo...I have a slightly different B22 to @@wolster

FB: Butler MacKenzie Hurn

HB: Wellingham Schofield Sheppard

C: Gaff Priddis Jetta

HF: Darling McGovern LeCras

FF: Cripps Kennedy Hill

R: Naitanui Shuey Yeo

I: Lycett, Redden, Masten, Sheed

Our depth is looking a lot better this year but still thin on ball winning midfielders to fill any injury breaches. We definitely still lack grunt in that department with the bulk of the work left to Priddis and Shuey. We got shown up by hard inside teams like North, Freo and Hawthorn at various stages. Hopefully Redden coming in and natural maturing of Sheed will help spread the load.

I'm not a fan of Darling at CHF. He is best as a over sized flanker working back with the flight of the ball or playing key forward much closer to goal. A lot of his skill set is wasted when he is tied to the obligations of CHF.  McGovern can allow this to happen and has a much better skill set for playing CHF IMO.

Just for fun...

attachicon.gifjacklikesthis2_zpsw98tiraj.gif

Agrre with this -

Witts gets his chance.

'Brodie Grundy will miss, while Jesse White and Mason Cox have also been left out of the side'.

Im dropping Langdon and keeping frosty.  Also not sure if Aish wil be in,  Blair has actually played well and could be in front.

ATM 1.90 the line WC -41.5 over Brisbane Lions with no Beams.  Um i'll be having some of that!

I went to see the Pies V Doggies and the first half was abysmal for the Pies. Second half was a turn around and there were plenty of good signs from Treloar, Moore and Gault. Gault is very raw with a lot of rough edges but plenty of potential. Treloar has a big engine and will get a stack of possessions midfield. Moore has talent to burn but needs to muscle up a bit IMO as he will get pushed around otherwise. Taylor Adams played a ripper too. This is Buck's last throw of the dice as he now has the team he wants. Time to deliver, Pies

Addition

I reckon Varcoe saved us 2 goals yesterday when he chased down and dispossessed a couple of Doggies when he had no right too. IMO one of the best tacklers going around ATM

Go Pies

Edited by Saxon Hall

OK, my go. Port Adelaide:

FF: Schulz  Dixon  S Gray

HF: Wingard  Westhoff  R Gray

W:  Polec  Hartlett  Ebert

HB:  Pittard  Hombsch  Broadbent

FB: Impey  Carlile  Trengove or Jonas (depending on height)

R: Lobbe  Boak  Wines

Subs: Neade,  Ah Chee,  White or Toumpas,  O'Shea 

We have a decent draw, very dangerous forward line, strong, skilful midfield, good pace, and reasonable defence. Ruck is questionable. Pity we don't have Ryder (I'm sure he, and Monfries, think the same). His tap work is as good as anyone's. Key factors will be composure under pressure and ball use. Improvements over last year will be:

Availability of Polec, Wines and newbie Dixon (opponents advised to increase personal insurance...) 

Improvement of S Gray, Ah Chee and Neade.

Biggest risk will be if Lobbe breaks down early.

Best Essendon 22....

........errr......

........ummmmmm.......

You can all get stuffed

Edited by caddisgeek

Best Essendon 22....

........errr......

........ummmmmm.......

You can all get stuffed

Full-back   Half-back   Centre   Half-forward   Full-forward   Ruck   Interchange   Coach

Sir James Hird included purely as a consequence of his playing career and discounting his Coaching Tenure

Tigers were pretty bad and Carlton showed a bit. Killed my margin by 5 goals in the first round. Thanks for nothing Richmond

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk