Gieseler Audio

Gieseler Power Supply owners thread

Hope this isn't a dumb question, but does it makes sense ordering the 3 output unit for current/future use, eg. Regen, Auralic Mini, etc., or does it somehow detract from the SQ benefits if powering 3 items from the one Power Supply (rather than 3 separate power supplies, single unit better bang for buck, but also space saver - less boxes).

I am thinking of ordering something like this.

Hi Clay, my Intel NUC is 19V, do you have a product that suits this?

Crossovers are sorted and the system is singing.

Cheers,

steve

8336728ea6d2d682e740afe85ec39ba8.jpg

Here is mine in action.

Early listening already highlights a better defined sound than the SMPS, can't wait to do some more listening!

Sponsor

Steve - yes I do have a 19v version of my Standard Low Noise PSU designed specifically to run the new NUC's. It costs slightly more as it needs a bigger/heavier external power transformer. Cost is $325 delivered with about a one week wait time.

Tarkan - good to hear it has arrived! The capacitors take a little while to run in so it will sound better after a few days. Just leave it permantly powered on for a couple of days & that will do the trick.

Edited by Gieseler Audio

Gieseler LPSU for Regen installed and operational. Seemed appropriate to break it in with some David Bowie today. It took all of 30 seconds to know that Space Oddity has never sounded better in my system. A quality product at a bargain price. Much kudos to you Clay.

Hi Guys,

Before pulling the trigger on $400 for one of Clay's "double output" LPSU's I just wanted to know from others on stereonet the impact it's has with powering a REGAN USB & Aurelic Aries Mini?

Unfortunately I have my Klein DAC in another set-up into my Bryston Pre (not balanced) & I'm loath to change as the Aries Mini & REGAN are attached to my PS Audio DAC which has Balanced XLR's out into my Pre with also have balanced in/out.

Anyone using Clay's new LPSU with this set up?

Cheers

Matthew

It's a pretty unique setup there, might be a bit early for anyone to have tried. My serial number was '8' on my unit.

While I can't vouch for the dual output, my single output unit has made an incredible difference in my system.

Everything just sounds tighter and better defined.

Most upgrades such as these that I have made over the years I tend to notice more after removing the piece from my system, but this power supply ain't going anywhere!

I've had my duel output for about 3 weeks now.

It's powering my Antipods perfectly. Very stable.

I havnt had a worry as yet.

Very happy with the results

Edited by Bill125812