Polymax Absorb XHD 100mm batts

I sent them a few emails last year and never got any replies.

Maybe they ignored mine because i was asking on small amounts that might have not met their min' buy.

I had quite a few emails with them, excellent friendly responses with detail, prompt. And I had not placed any order.

I had quite a few emails with them, excellent friendly responses with detail, prompt. And I had not placed any order.

Maybe a lot of inquiries go unnoticed as they don't check their junk!

Folder that is :)

Yep, default is white. They make you pay 10% more for black, but I really don't want white showing through my black fabric so I just paid the bit extra.

Provided you don't fold the sheets you really won't need to cover them unless you want a colour change.  The face is a very consistent & an almost fabric looking finish but because they are so rigid, folding or excessively bending the panels (say to fit it into a station wagon) will leave a crease line across the panel's face.  If you need to cut them I had good results by marking the desired cut on the face side (using a Stanley knife) then cutting with a sharp long bladed carving knife (sharpening the knife after each cut).   

Provided you don't fold the sheets you really won't need to cover them unless you want a colour change.  The face is a very consistent & an almost fabric looking finish but because they are so rigid, folding or excessively bending the panels (say to fit it into a station wagon) will leave a crease line across the panel's face.  If you need to cut them I had good results by marking the desired cut on the face side (using a Stanley knife) then cutting with a sharp long bladed carving knife (sharpening the knife after each cut).   

Thanks for that David, I was worried about how i'd get the stuff home. Cutting it seems like the best way.

Any info on QLD distributors? Would be keen on getting in on this.

Another product is FI48 from fletcher insulations, was a bit cheaper than this too when I checked, but its yellow, not pretty white or black. Has the same acoustic properties as what everyone in the US uses, the brand escapes me at the moment.

Another product is FI48 from fletcher insulations, was a bit cheaper than this too when I checked, but its yellow, not pretty white or black. Has the same acoustic properties as what everyone in the US uses, the brand escapes me at the moment.

I'm sure there would be. Contact Martini, they have a list of distributors. I have found 3 or 4 in Sydney, and I think there was a few in Victoria. Lots of the distributors don't label that they sell it though - you have to actually contact them. 

• Like 1

Thanks for that David, I was worried about how i'd get the stuff home. Cutting it seems like the best way.

I wouldn't recommend you cut it up in the carpark so you can transport it, not if you want clean & straight edges anyway.  I'd either pay Martini/supplier to cut to your requirements or pay for delivery (making sure the courier doesn't fold the sheets).

btw, I bought mine several years ago direct from Martini and the only black they did was XHD50. 

I wouldn't recommend you cut it up in the carpark so you can transport it, not if you want clean & straight edges anyway.  I'd either pay Martini/supplier to cut to your requirements or pay for delivery (making sure the courier doesn't fold the sheets).

btw, I bought mine several years ago direct from Martini and the only black they did was XHD50. 

I already have frame set out for it and one of those electric knives which cuts pretty easy. Unlikely at this time that i'll be leaving the panels raw on the wall, as they're going to be mounted to a larger stained wood panel (sort of hard to explain). And they do black for all products now by the looks of things. I've already spoken with Martini about pairing the orders and they're fine with it. Black just costs an extra 10% on top of original price.

I have a 2.4 x 1.2 100mm sheet here that I wont use, someone can have it for nothing if they want it.

Have advertised it once in the classifieds for a donation to SNA, got no takers. Maybe I am too far from the cities?

I bought a single pack of black 50mm sheets (6 in a pack) 2400X1200 Poly XHD. Bought through a supplier in Sydney and freighted to Bris CSR bradford warehouse with one of their orders :))

One of the best things I've done!

​Glad I didn't get the 100mm for my situation.  Only my rear corners have 2 layers of 50mm (800X2370). Easy to cut with a serrated bread knife. I still made light frames and used wind out (expanding) nuts (Bunnings) to hold frames against the ceiling. Plan on trying  400mm wide in other corners and  a full panel on the ceiling.  So the 50mm provides more panels to experiment with allows double up if req. pm me for the contact who arranged this for me. 

I bought a single pack of black 50mm sheets (6 in a pack) 2400X1200 Poly XHD. Bought through a supplier in Sydney and freighted to Bris CSR bradford warehouse with one of their orders :))

One of the best things I've done!

​Glad I didn't get the 100mm for my situation.  Only my rear corners have 2 layers of 50mm (800X2370). Easy to cut with a serrated bread knife. I still made light frames and used wind out (expanding) nuts (Bunnings) to hold frames against the ceiling. Plan on trying  400mm wide in other corners and  a full panel on the ceiling.  So the 50mm provides more panels to experiment with allows double up if req. pm me for the contact who arranged this for me. 

How long ago did you make that order? I thought the Polymax Absorb XHD 500mm 2400x1200 batts came in packs of 3..  :unsure:

How long ago did you make that order? I thought the Polymax Absorb XHD 500mm 2400x1200 batts came in packs of 3..  :unsure:

I paid on the 10th Dec and they arrived about 6 days later, just in time for Christmas :)  My understanding was 6 of the 50mm in a pac or 3 of the 100mm in a pack?

They are really effective and look great in black.