CallumParker

Polymax Absorb XHD 100mm batts

Hi all,

I've just placed an order with CSR Martini in Sydney for a single pack of Polymax Absorb XHD 100mm batts. Unfortunately the manufacturer told me that they won't proceed my order unless I purchase the MOQ of 3 packs of 3 batts. So i'm awaiting for other orders to come in to be paired with mine.

If anyone else is looking to purchase less than 3 packs of these insulation batts (perfect for any DIY acoustic panels, especially bass traps), i'd recommend purchasing now so that you don't have to wait.

I don't want to be seen as an advertiser for CSR Martini or the company I bought through, so I won't name the distributor that I purchased from just in case. Just wanted to possibly spare someone in Aus (as well as myself) the pain of waiting a few months.

Cheers,
Callum.

UPDATE: Distributor is available. Anyone who would like to join in on purchasing 1+ pack(s) (partial packs may arranged with current buyers) of Polymax Absorb XHD 50mm batts in black please PM me. 

Price (approximation as I don't want to give the price out without consent of distributor): Approx. $350 (including GST) per pack (6 batts)

Works out at around $15 per 1200x600x50mm Acoustic Panel or $30 per 1200x600x100mm Acoustic Panel (when doubled up).

Edited by CallumParker

How big are the batts and how much for a pack?

How big are the batts and how much for a pack?

The batts are 2400x1200mm each, and 3 per pack. From the distributor I bought from, they're around $360 for a pack of 3 batts in black (including GST) or around $325 for a pack of 3 batts in white (including GST). That is, for Absorb XHD 100mm.

Works out to around $27 per 120x60cm panel in white and $30 per panel in black. Pretty sure the default is white, you have to ask for black.

Yeah I didn't much look into wool batts. Can't see a data sheet on it though?

Edited by CallumParker

the data can be requested, i have not seen the data yet, but wool have good properties, although this is probably a mixed wool.

That batts are 2400x1200mm each, and 3 per pack. From the distributor I bought from, they're around $360 for a pack of 3 batts in black (including GST) or around $325 for a pack of 3 batts in white (including GST). That is, for Absorb XHD 100mm.

Works out to around $27 per 120x60cm panel in white and $30 per panel in black. Pretty sure the default is white, you have to ask for black.

The XHD really does end up being excellent value per panel once cut down to size (particularly if you can arrange for Martini to cut it on their machinery). The fact that it's self-supporting and requires no frame or covering (unless you don't like plain black or white) is a big plus too!

It's the money I've spent on my system full-stop, and mine is only the poxy 50mm variety ;)

the data can be requested, i have not seen the data yet, but wool have good properties, although this is probably a mixed wool.

Ah ok. Well i've already paid for my Polymax Absorb batts, so I guess i'll just stick around and wait for a bit. 

You sure the Polymax stuff is white? Thought they were all black.

Ah ok. Well i've already paid for my Polymax Absorb batts, so I guess i'll just stick around and wait for a bit. 

i didnt know you have already paid for it...:D

the Polymax HD is good, I'm suggesting there are other alternatives :)

White is also available provided you meet the minimum order quantity.

Yep, default is white. They make you pay 10% more for black, but I really don't want white showing through my black fabric so I just paid the bit extra.

The XHD really does end up being excellent value per panel once cut down to size (particularly if you can arrange for Martini to cut it on their machinery). The fact that it's self-supporting and requires no frame or covering (unless you don't like plain black or white) is a big plus too!

It's the money I've spent on my system full-stop, and mine is only the poxy 50mm variety ;)

It's a bit of a shame that nobody stocks any actual product. It's pretty annoying having to wait around for them to manufacture it.. especially if you only want a pack or two.

i didnt know you have already paid for it... :D

the Polymax HD is good, I'm suggesting there are other alternatives :)

Aha cheers :) 

Hmmm if it really is white I wouldn't mind a single batt for my ceilin.

If you get to have any spare batt, please let me know :)

Hmmm if it really is white I wouldn't mind a single batt for my ceilin.

If you get to have any spare batt, please let me know :)

Unfortunately I bought black, which I will likely have a spare batt of. Let me know if you want it and i'll contact you later down the track. :)

Unfortunately I bought black, which I will likely have a spare batt of. Let me know if you want it and i'll contact you later down the track. :)

I could still consider that. Please let me know when you get some spare then :)

I'll be up in Sydney in a few weeks time on business. I could arrange to see customers on the way and drive up... Have always wanted a couple of black 100XHD sheets to play around with. I almost went as far as placing an order down here but hard to get in Melbourne.

Edited by blybo

Yep, default is white. They make you pay 10% more for black, but I really don't want white showing through my black fabric so I just paid the bit extra.

It's a bit of a shame that nobody stocks any actual product. It's pretty annoying having to wait around for them to manufacture it.. especially if you only want a pack or two.

Aha cheers :)

It is a shame that no one stocks it. I'm actually after a couple of 50mm sheets.  

I just tried emailing Martini and it bounced back as unknown address

I'll be up in Sydney in a few weeks time on business. I could arrange to see customers on the way and drive up... Have always wanted a couple of black 100XHD sheets to play around with. I almost went as far as placing an order down here but hard to get in Melbourne.

Good idea. Send me a PM if you intend on ordering any and I can send it through to Martini. They might be able to hold it for you until you make it up her.

It is a shame that no one stocks it. I'm actually after a couple of 50mm sheets.

Yeah it is. Unfortunately I don't think they'd pair that with mine. :/

Guest Muon

I just tried emailing Martini and it bounced back as unknown address

I sent them a few emails last year and never got any replies.

Maybe they ignored mine because i was asking on small amounts that might have not met their min' buy.

I sent them a few emails last year and never got any replies.

Maybe they ignored mine because i was asking on small amounts that might have not met their min' buy.

From my experience the only time they reply is when you're contacting them after you've made an order through one of their distributors. They have so many email addresses though you'd never know.

Guest Muon

From my experience the only time they reply is when you're contacting them after you've made an order through one of their distributors. They have so many email addresses though you'd never know.

Seeing a business model there, good to know how they operate......still.

I think Pete @@pete_mac once told me It's better to phone them?

Yeah I heard that calling them is the fastest way. They won't sell directly to the public though, so they'll redirect you to a distributor.

Yeah, the guy who I used to deal with appears to no longer be dealing with any small or one-off enquiries.

I think they are focussing on large orders or orders via distributors only these days, which is a shame.

Someone (perhaps an existing forum vendor?) with a big garage/storage shed should buy the product in bulk, have it cut into smaller pieces (eg. 1200mm x 600mm panels) and sell them to enthusiasts directly. A handy little earner perhaps? ;)

Edited by pete_mac

Yeah, the guy who I used to deal with appears to no longer be dealing with any small or one-off enquiries.I think they are focussing on large orders or orders via distributors only these days, which is a shame.Someone (perhaps an existing forum vendor?) with a big garage/storage shed should buy the product in bulk, have it cut into smaller pieces (eg. 1200mm x 600mm panels) and sell them to enthusiasts directly. A handy little earner perhaps? ;)

Heh I was thinking that.. Might do it if people were interested. I could get the 3 full packs. Don't know where I'd advertise though.. Doubt the mods would allow it here