[SYD] Yamaha Soavo 2 bookshelf speakers

Item

Yamaha Soavo 2 Bookshelf speakers.

Baulkham Hills. Pickup only please as I don't have the packaging to send safely.

Price
$900 ono (RRP on just the speakers was $2,500 on these when new)

Item Condition

Purchased new in May 2013 from Eastwood Hifi, still in warranty and in excellent condition (can provide copy of the receipt)

I sold the stands shown in the photo below, sale is just for the speakers.

Reason for selling

Wanted something more kid friendly. I was going to get floor standers but then  got some small Paradigms mounted on the wall. Don't sound as good but no risk of being knocked over!

Payment Method

Pickup - Cash

Other details

These are a fantastic speaker that I've really enjoyed. The best bookshelves I've ever had. Somewhat tempted to keep them for the future but at the moment they are just wrapped and sitting in the garage which is a real waste. Really show lots of detail all through the range - I have no doubt you'll listen and hear things you hadn't noticed before in your favourite song!

Photos

IMG_4877.jpg

IMG_4867.jpg

IMG_4882.jpg

IMG_4881.jpg

IMG_4885.jpg

IMG_4861.jpg

• Like 1

I've got these as well, and the Soavo 1 floorstanders. Great speakers. GLWTS. I like your combo that you had with the Yamaha CD and Amp - 2000's or 1000's?

I've separately had a bookshelf speaker "take a tumble" due to a kid mishap so I understand your predicament.  :)

• Like 1

What amplifiers do both you guys prefer with the Soavo?

I have the f901 soavo and just researching on a second amplifier I might consider in an atmos setup + best musical combo.

I've used an Onkyo TX-NR906 receiver for a number of years. Was their top one from about 5 years ago. Just recently acquired an Audia Flight 3S 2-channel that works well with the floorstanders (it can also do HT bypass).

I've got these as well, and the Soavo 1 floorstanders. Great speakers. GLWTS. I like your combo that you had with the Yamaha CD and Amp - 2000's or 1000's?

I've separately had a bookshelf speaker "take a tumble" due to a kid mishap so I understand your predicament.  :)

Thanks!

Amp and CD player are both 1000. Honestly both quite wasted on the new speakers but were great with the Saovo's.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm interested in them would you consider $600 if so I'll take them. I have just purchased the Saovo's 1. How does the Saovo's.home theatre package sound? 

Best not to make lowball offers in public. PM is the way to go

• Like 2

$600 for you Saovo 1's, sure, let me know when I can pick them up. ;)

For $600 I'll keep these until I have a use for them one day. Also I see you're in Melbourne and as per the listing these are pickup only.

• Like 2

I don't have the boxes they came in any more (I very rarely keep packaging) so I don't feel I have a way to guarantee their safe shipment. Given that, pickup is the only option I'm comfortable with sorry.

Good luck finding some I'm sure they as a surround setup they'd be great with the 1's.

Edited by JWM

OK no problem. Thanks anyway

I don't have the boxes they came in any more (I very rarely keep packaging) so I don't feel I have a way to guarantee their safe shipment. Given that, pickup is the only option I'm comfortable with sorry.

Good luck finding some I'm sure they as a surround setup they'd be great with the 1's.

As someone who has 1's for fronts and 2's for surrounds (and Soavo centre) I'm very happy with the setup.

• Like 1

$600 for you Saovo 1's, sure, let me know when I can pick them up. ;)

For $600 I'll keep these until I have a use for them one day. Also I see you're in Melbourne and as per the listing these are pickup only.

I'm sure you could ship them for $350.?