Gale GS 401 B speakers

Item: Gale GS 401 B speakers
Price: $1150 firm 
Item Condition: very good
Reason for selling: speaker upgrade
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, COD Only
Extra Info: Finally, I am selling my last pair of Gales. They are fully refurbished and all drivers refoamed. Crossovers were checked. Works were carried out by Jason Boyd ( probably one of the best speaker techies in Perth. He had carried out repairs on all my previous speakers and always does an excellent job). These speakers will be trouble free for many years to come. All drivers are original.

The box itself is in good condition overall. Light scratches that reflects its age. There are no tears in the grille cloth. I am only selling as I have bought new speakers. 

Local pick up preferred. Below is a link to a site regarding these speakers

http://0339436.netsolhost.com/WordPress/gs401-speaker/

Pictures:post-138157-0-19155200-1451720572_thumb.post-138157-0-91343100-1451720799_thumb.post-138157-0-27085100-1451720853_thumb.post-138157-0-95217600-1451720824_thumb.

Is this the same seller who sold refurbed Gales last year (Morley, WA)?  I bought a pair and they are fantastic! Anyone looking for speakers anywhere near this price should consider an audition.

Hi M,

No, I am not that person ( might have an idea who it is though). But I believe that we use the same technician for the restoration of our gales. I have owned the other models too ( chrome ends and the Cs) both of which were sold to non SNA members. 

The refurb work carried out for these ones are probably the most expensive I have done so far on Gales, $840. These babies have been checked from top to bottom. 

You are right, they are remarkable speakers and can perform well with almost genre. I am happy to audition for any interested members as they are still hooked up to my Yamaha AS 3000 and they do sound fantastic together. Cheers

Might be a silly question, but why does the sticker say 401A and your listing says 401B?

That's  valid question. 

Due to cost saving measures, the company used the same labelled crossovers for all 3 in some of their speakers. This was one of the things that I had asked my techie when I handed over the speakers. 

My Gales 401 B were not labelled at all. I have owned 3 Bs and Cs and none have been specifically labelled. 

As the company dwindled into financial distress, they completely redesigned the crossovers and eventually used phillips tweeters and relabelled them GS 402. 

My chrome end ones had the celestion tweeters (401 ) and the 402 crossovers but were labelled 401A. This was also an effort to save cost as they started to use up old stock, during the transition from 401 to 402. 

• Like 1