Record revirginizer

• 2 weeks later...

@@Bill125812

Does not include the tank but at USD 275 and USD $100 for delivery. About A$550 landed and then you need a tank. The power is universal and only needs a plug adaptor or a friendly electrician.

http://thevinylstack.com/ultrasonic-cleaning/ultra-sonic-spin-record-cleaning-kit/

imageedit_2_5059485290.jpg

dsc00135.jpg

Looks much more refined than mine. But I built mine for about $200 including tank. I'll get around to putting a guide together soon

My Mont Marte glue order arrived today from http://www.artshedonline.com.au/mont-marte-clear-school-glue-147ml-washable/

Great service, tracking etc. will report with my findings later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi mdm1979 , How did you go with the glue cleaning?

I picked up a 500ml bottle of the mont marte locally for $12, bought a $2 copy of vangelis - chariots of Fire from good sammys

The LP was old and dusty but scratch free, gave it a quick clean in the spin clean and played it to gauge the before glue sound, bloody thing played perfectly, no pops or noise at all.

I still glued it, but am no wiser to how good a cleaning method the glue is, though am now confident to try on some of my older LPs that the spin clean isn't cleaning as well as I would like.

• Like 1

The other option is to use the cheaper motor and buy the vinyl record protector.  USD 48 plus postage. I have sent them an email requesting the diameter of the hole.

303303165.jpg

Just got a reply back from vinyl stack and the bore is 17/64 inch.

Edited by Nap250

Haven't put together the how to guide. But I was leaning a few records and took a pic or two

Ultrasonic tanks are built with the transducers under the BOTTOM of the tank.  Great for cleaning stuff which lays out flat in a basket but mostly ineffective for LP's as the transducers need to be on the sides of the tank, which is why the very expensive ultrasonic record cleaners work so well.    

Has anybody located a unit with the transducers on the sides? 

Ultrasonic tanks are built with the transducers under the BOTTOM of the tank.  Great for cleaning stuff which lays out flat in a basket but mostly ineffective for LP's as the transducers need to be on the sides of the tank, which is why the very expensive ultrasonic record cleaners work so well.    

Has anybody located a unit with the transducers on the sides? 

Hi Peter

Well mate you are correct that the transducer is in the bottom. But you are incorrect in that they are useless on vinyl

Read reviews on ultrasonic cleaners. I'm in the medical industry and such machines are used to clean laparoscopic instruments and many others that are suspended in the solution. These instruments are not in a basket or flat

I have tried all sorts of record cleaning machines. This by far beats anything else I have tried I heat heat the solution to about 48 degrees and then the ultrasonics do the rest. Unplayable vinyl is after 12 mins like new

Build one. It will work

Cheers

• Like 1

Hi Peter

Well mate you are correct that the transducer is in the bottom. But you are incorrect in that they are useless on vinyl

Read reviews on ultrasonic cleaners. I'm in the medical industry and such machines are used to clean laparoscopic instruments and many others that are suspended in the solution. These instruments are not in a basket or flat

I have tried all sorts of record cleaning machines. This by far beats anything else I have tried I heat heat the solution to about 48 degrees and then the ultrasonics do the rest. Unplayable vinyl is after 12 mins like new

Build one. It will work

Cheers

Hi Bill

I think what you guys are doing is great, and I contemplated it myself.  

I don't recall using the words useless, but I get your point.  :)   Although it's reasonable to consider that dipping an LP in water for 12 minutes without any other assistance would most likely release some of the contaminates from the vinyl surface.  

But there is a clear benefit to using a transducer on each side.  Of course this is reflective of the price too.  :(

Cheers

Pete

I would agree having the transducters on the sides seems to make logical sense. However I would also think that if you want to do more than one record at a time on the bottom makes more sense.

Its a quality thing for me, not a numbers game.  It honestly wouldn't bother me if it took a week to clean a single LP, as long as the job was done as good as could be.  

If I wanted quick and easy I would have discarded the vinyl format many years ago.   :)

• Like 2

Its a quality thing for me, not a numbers game.  It honestly wouldn't bother me if it took a week to clean a single LP, as long as the job was done as good as could be.  

If I wanted quick and easy I would have discarded the vinyl format many years ago.   :)

I totally agree Peter. But after trying everything. This ultrasonic cleaner has changed my opinion of cleaning records

I have now bought done very ordinary revords form markets. Quite dirty infact

Put a batch through the machine. Hey presto. They look like new. And play like new. No pop and crackles.

Just too easy for the money spent

• 1 month later...

Hi mdm1979 , How did you go with the glue cleaning?

I picked up a 500ml bottle of the mont marte locally for $12, bought a $2 copy of vangelis - chariots of Fire from good sammys

The LP was old and dusty but scratch free, gave it a quick clean in the spin clean and played it to gauge the before glue sound, bloody thing played perfectly, no pops or noise at all.

I still glued it, but am no wiser to how good a cleaning method the glue is, though am now confident to try on some of my older LPs that the spin clean isn't cleaning as well as I would like.

Am now a mont marte glue cleaning convert, recently bought a mint lp from discogs... The album arrived to me looking like it had been cleaned with light sandpaper. But what was worse even after two cleans in the spin clean it was unplayable.

Applied the monte mart, and then cleaned in the spin clean again. The lp plays clean now. It's not mint but it's playable

Just to add to the list of glues that work well - J Burrows Clear Gum Glue. $7.22 for 500ml from Officeworks. According to the label it's a water based craft adhesive that's pH neutral. It dry's in a very thin but strong layer. It peeled of cleanly in one piece leaving the record very clean. It's a bit harder to use than PVA glue as it's clear it's harder to see if you have an even thickness layer. It was tricky to get a finger nail under to start peeling and I was freaking out a bit that it wasn't coming off. Sensibly I used one of my Sister's old Mark Holden records as the guinea pig :P Once started it came off easily. Next time I'll use something as a lifting-off tab to make it easier. At about 1/6 the price of Record Revirginzer I think it's a winner!

http://www.officeworks.com.au/shop/officeworks/p/j-burrows-clear-gum-glue-500ml-ssjbgum500

SSJBGUM500_jburrows_clear_gum_glue_500ml

Edited by Chigurh
  • Like 2

• 5 months later...

Our Revirginizer accessory, the Vinyl Record Cleaning (VRC) system is the equipment shown at the beginning of this post. Using Revirginizer with the VRC means you use 10ml per side rather than the 15-20ml recommended on the bottle, so half the cost.

Other benefits include being able to treat both sides of the LP at once (the Mark II version) and using our unique Stack Rack drying method, by using a small desk fan to push air through the stack 10 LPs can be dried in 2-3 hours. 

A video of the equipment in action can be seen at http://www.revirginizersystem.com

As to alternatives like wood glue, take care. A skerrick of glue left in a groove is strong enough to rip off a stylus. That said, the VRC will improve the cleaning experience whatever face-mask style of record cleaner you may prefer!

Testimonial Revirginizer vs RCM.pdf

Edited by TubeSoundAudio
missing URL

2 hours ago, TubeSoundAudio said:

Our Revirginizer accessory, the Vinyl Record Cleaning (VRC) system is the equipment shown at the beginning of this post. Using Revirginizer with the VRC means you use 10ml per side rather than the 15-20ml recommended on the bottle, so half the cost.

Other benefits include being able to treat both sides of the LP at once (the Mark II version) and using our unique Stack Rack drying method, by using a small desk fan to push air through the stack 10 LPs can be dried in 2-3 hours. 

A video of the equipment in action can be seen at http://www.revirginizersystem.com

As to alternatives like wood glue, take care. A skerrick of glue left in a groove is strong enough to rip off a stylus. That said, the VRC will improve the cleaning experience whatever face-mask style of record cleaner you may prefer!

Testimonial Revirginizer vs RCM.pdf

I sang the praises of Revirginizer on Audiokarma a few months back.....gee those Yanks are a suspicious cynical lot, the amount of negative crap coming back at me was astounding:wacko:...."you must be part of the company", "wood glue works better" (wtf?), "RCM's are better" (not), "do you have shares?", yada, yada, negative yada, all coming from know it all's who have never even tried the product:rolleyes:. It may not have helped that I accused them of prejudice against anything that doesn't have 'Made in USA' written on it, but their resistance to something different to what they're comfortable with was just mind boggling. A few backed me up (most were from Oz), but for every person that liked it, there was about five putting it down without any concrete proof to back up their 'opinion'. In the end, I just gave up. I guess they will all be voting for Trump, such was their arrogance and stupidity........I love Revirginizer because it works better than anything else, as the above testimonial states. :thumb: PS: One of those stack racks for Revirginizing multiple LP's at the one time would be easy and very cheap to make at home with timber. It doesn't make sense to be spending $145.00 or more for something that could be made for about $10!!!:P In fact, I will make one......great idea.:thumb: PPS: Sorry TubeSoundAudio, I just realised you're the one selling the VRC's....It is not my aim to lessen your business, good luck with it.:unsure:

Edited by stevoz
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, stevoz said:

I sang the praises of Revirginizer on Audiokarma a few months back.....gee those Yanks are a suspicious cynical lot, the amount of negative crap coming back at me was astounding:wacko:...."you must be part of the company", "wood glue works better" (wtf?), "RCM's are better" (not), "do you have shares?", yada, yada, negative yada, all coming from know it all's who have never even tried the product:rolleyes:. It may not have helped that I accused them of prejudice against anything that doesn't have 'Made in USA' written on it, but their resistance to something different to what they're comfortable with was just mind boggling. A few backed me up (most were from Oz), but for every person that liked it, there was about five putting it down without any concrete proof to back up their 'opinion'. In the end, I just gave up. I guess they will all be voting for Trump, such was their arrogance and stupidity........I love Revirginizer because it works better than anything else, as the above testimonial states. :thumb: PS: One of those stack racks for Revirginizing multiple LP's at the one time would be easy and very cheap to make at home with timber. It doesn't make sense to be spending $145.00 or more for something that could be made for about $10!!!:P In fact, I will make one......great idea.:thumb: PPS: Sorry TubeSoundAudio, I just realised you're the one selling the VRC's....It is not my aim to lessen your business, good luck with it.:unsure:

I just checked out the website, there is a testimonial by "DW"! Just to clarify that wasn't me, enough said...lol

• Like 1

My experience has been it is a pain to apply and I was just as happy with the result from the RCM that Greg uses.  In fact much quicker and far easier to use.

I have never tried wood glue and couldn't be bothered. @Hensa

Which rcm Peter?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk