Danish Audiophile Loudspeaker Industries

I have to admit I've never really been familiar with this brand, DALI except as bundles sold by JBHiFi.

So I was quite surprised to see they had a full range of speakers that stretched from affordable first systems like the Zensors to the flagship Epicons.

Saw the penultimate range Rubicon was just delivered to Trimira today.

3B3356A0-2952-42D8-97CB-A160D27262A2_zps

I was initially tempted to grab the range topping floorstander for a demo over the holidays but my little hatchback made it impossible to cart it back.

So I ended up borrowing the bookshelf for the Christmas holiday with the promise to run it in. Running it in now but first impressions are promising. The speakers sound larger than they look - filling the room more effortlessly than the KEF LS50s it replaced.

• 2 weeks later...

I have some concept 2 for the money $400. They sound really good and not like their basic appearance

I mainly run mine in the movie room off a old luxman integrated and considering they are called on to do movie duties with speech, music and explosions they go very well, i listen reasonably loud and they never sound harsh or distort.

Ive plugged them into my lsa integrated (220w @ 8 ohms) and again they sound fine, bass, mids, highs all there and they sound good, not harsh.

Im not sure what the new zensor sound like, but for me the concept 2 seem a bargain, certainly would look at some of the more expensive modelsi needed to.

Edited by cafe67

Guest thathifiguy

I used to love selling the Concept 2's back in my JB days. Everything else sounded like it had a box sitting over the top of it in comparison!

Edited by Tarxman82

I have tried the Rubicon 2s in two different rooms. They are more at home in a smaller listening room than in my main media room. But as surround speakers in the media room, they really created a much more involving surround effect than my Thiel PowerPoint 1.2s. Would love to hear how the Rubicon 8s sound in the larger room :D especially when the larger speakers have the ribbon tweeter.