My new speakers are Better then the Vaf-I66s Mk2

System looks great Stump. Components look to be carefully chosen :thumb:

Do the i93's load up the smallish room too much with bass? I had a pair once and they were very capable towards the 20Hz region, lots of low rumbles.

Thats were the room treatment come into it.Ive been told it gives a very SLAP Tight Bass.

Stump

• Like 1

Very very noice indeed.    Cant say I have ever seen foam added on to any drivers before.......whats the benefit there?

'

Duntech use to do it also.

Beautiful color on those speakers are they Australian blackwood?

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Tasmanian Blackwood finish.I have had the finish on my I-66s also.Im lucky with the strong pattern on the 93s. :)

Cheers Zen-Which litho of The Dame are you referring?

Stump

• Like 1

Tube weather is just around the corner.First try with the I-93s and the tubes run them with ease.Between the Vitus -025 and the LM Tube Set listen enjoyment is an equal 10/10 :)

Stump

post-109524-0-52793500-1459128543_thumb.

post-109524-0-03284400-1459128576_thumb.

• Like 9

Ah, explains why you have not added a tasy Vaf sub or two.

Some lovely gear there Stump 

Those tubes & Amps look like something from a 1920s science fiction movie :thumb:

Ah, explains why you have not added a tasy Vaf sub or two.

I was running X3 Vaf platform Subs with the I-66s surround setup! With stereo the speakers are fine.....

Some lovely gear there Stump 

Those tubes & Amps look like something from a 1920s science fiction movie :thumb:

I like the old Western Electric Amp look.Line Magnetic  do a great job bringing them back to life.They have a few nice mono block options for when I upgrade.There top of the line would look nice behind my speakers!

post-109524-0-00483000-1459130318_thumb.

• Like 4

Goddamn. They are beautiful.

Am not big on the valve sound but they are a beauty to behold.

Here ya go @@Luc

I'll be the dissenter here and say that those things on the trolley wheels are dog ugly, remind me of of old welders. But each to his own in this game eh.

The smaller amp in the room looks ok though. Dunno if it'd suit my set up.

I've been offered a demo/lend of BHK mono's but I'm in the wrong State. They'd be nice to try.

Thanks for the link Darren.

nice room Stump.

Nice setup and new speakers. VAF for over a decade of their higher end speakers were using the scandanavian made good quality Seas T25CF001 Sonomex ceramic magnet tweeter as many others were using

http://www.seas.no/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=366:e0006-06-t25cf001&catid=50:excel-tweeters&Itemid=360

judging by the white dome appearance of your new speakers they seem to have changed the tweeter to something else and from Seas website it appears like the magnesium coated model T29MF001 tweeter which on paper may be a higher quality constructed neodymium magnet unit. If correct there has been quite a step up in terms of higher quality tweeter units now being used as it may be similar in quality jump and expense (over twice the cost of the old unit) to the big brother of the old T25cf001 unit, the Millenium T25cf002 used in DIY projects and other commercial speakers like the Orion. The 002 unit was much more detailed and lush sounding and assuming the same same jump in tweeter quality exists in the new speakers it should yield similar results. Congratulations VAF this should really lift the performance by using much higher end tweeters vs the old T25cf001 merely good quality tweeters.

The same Seas Excel magnesium cone midrange drivers and paper cone woofers seem to be used as in previous models.

If you are feeling adventurous to unscrew the tweeter there maybe a Brand model label that you could share with us. Just a suggestion as it would be interesting to know how VAF are improving their speaker designs. If my guess is correct it should be the following tweeter which is about the 3rd or 4th Seas tweeter unit from the top of the production line and about $400-500 cost per unit so good value for the customer as other speaker makers may only use $50 units of cheaper brands for the same or greater cost speaker

http://www.seas.no/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=372:e0047-04-t29mf001&catid=50&Itemid=360

Edited by Al.M

I'll be the dissenter here and say that those things on the trolley wheels are dog ugly, remind me of of old welders. But each to his own in this game eh.

The smaller amp in the room looks ok though. Dunno if it'd suit my set up.

I've been offered a demo/lend of BHK mono's but I'm in the wrong State. They'd be nice to try.

Thanks for the link Darren.

nice room Stump.

Must be the Boilermaker in me... The production model of the WE41.2-212 Vacuum Tube Monoblock Power Amplifer is a little more toned down.Can be demoed at the next Guangzhou AV Fair in November.If they sound as good as they look Im interested..

Stump

post-109524-0-62495600-1459156840_thumb.

@@Stump

If you look closely you'll see the forerunner of your welders on trolley wheels.

0a721dd8f20b341b0ebb7142025f55c4.jpg

Come to think of it; I think that might be the sales manager and his offsider for nearly every hifi shop I've been in.

The stiff on the bench has gotta be a potential buyer who tyrekicked once too often...

• Like 9

@Al.M I did ask them about the tweeter a while ago and it is a Seas Excel magnesium unit, I've no idea which model though. I was in at VAF a while ago and the tweeter caught my attention as some inquisitive fingers had been having a poke at the "button". I spoke to Simon and he kind of winced as he mentioned that they were very expensive.

@Al.M I did ask them about the tweeter a while ago and it is a Seas Excel magnesium unit, I've no idea which model though. I was in at VAF a while ago and the tweeter caught my attention as some inquisitive fingers had been having a poke at the "button". I spoke to Simon and he kind of winced as he mentioned that they were very expensive.

The more I study the Seas product line up the more I'm convinced it is the same magnesium tweeter unit as it's the only one listed that looks like that. The VAFs are great examples of high quality and cost driver parts ratio per retail price to the customer and this is one general area that local Aust speakers have advantage over international brands. I would expect the tweeter detail difference from old to new to be very significant with much more micro detail and accuracy.

Edited by Al.M