Sign in to follow this  
Graceman

Replacement LP inner sleeves

I think I'll go back to just using the "thin and flimsy" Nags without the paper sleeve. 

The paper/cardboard just adds thickness. The Nags make it easy to slip the lp into the outer sleeve. They may be thin but I don't see how they are flimsy. They easily slip into the LP without creasing or bending, and I've not had any of them damaged.

Guys, how do you find them "flimsy"?  

I always throw away the blank paper/cardboard sleeves.  I then use the covers 33 poly lined sleeves with the edges precut for very easy insertion and withdrawal. 

I use the el cheapo u shaped poly sleeves when there is a cardboard lyric sheet. Perfect for this. Surely you dont throw these cardboardxsleeves out?  :D

I find the nags flimsy due to the fact they are thin and flimsy when you pull them out of a cardboard lyric sleeve compared to the u shaped el cheapos

Edited by metal beat

Pre-printed sleeves, I will use the nag inside them. Lyric sheet...? No, I would never toss it out. But I might leave it in the cover, and use a Nag instead.

Coloured sleeve, I will usually use the Nag inside them.

Plain cardboard/paper sleeve  - I'll toss, and use Nag, or any number of my other sleeves available.

So many affordable options available these days, cf a decade or so ago when vinyl was almost dead...

Guest Muon

When was the last time you were in there?

I ask because Rick from EGG now shares that space (I often bought sleeves off Rick when he was at west end, and when he was in the queen street mall before that), could be a very different situation to what it was if the last visit was some time ago.

Might be worth another visit, It's all downstairs but pretty much where it was before, in that side bit of the mall.

Quoting myself, as I had to confirm what I thought true.

Was in chatting with Rick today briefly in Rocking Horse, and sure enough, they have sleeves. not sure on pricing but they have them.

Just going to leave this here..

$40 for 50 Mofi, all the way down to $325 for 500

https://www.goldminerecords.com.au/vinyl-sleeves--cd-cases.html

I have to say I love MA recordings. But I buy Mofi for the rest of my records that aren't 'worthy' of MA sleeves

Also I too got Todd to send me some MA sleeves from Japan while he was there for an audio show - saved a fair bit on postage. Was a great way to trial the sleeves.

The best price for MA I've found locally is: https://www.audiophilereferencerecordings.com.au/inner-sleeves-ma-recordings.html , or $36 for 20 from Grooveworks (plus postage.. I'll be sticking to ARR myself)

Edited by ninjagaijin
add

4 hours ago, ninjagaijin said:

Just going to leave this here..

$40 for 50 Mofi, all the way down to $325 for 500

https://www.goldminerecords.com.au/vinyl-sleeves--cd-cases.html

I have to say I love MA recordings. But I buy Mofi for the rest of my records that aren't 'worthy' of MA sleeves

Also I too got Todd to send me some MA sleeves from Japan while he was there for an audio show - saved a fair bit on postage. Was a great way to trial the sleeves.

The best price for MA I've found locally is: https://www.audiophilereferencerecordings.com.au/inner-sleeves-ma-recordings.html , or $36 for 20 from Grooveworks (plus postage.. I'll be sticking to ARR myself)

Am I reading this right - your first post in 11 YEARS?!?!?
Or has the SNA system gone bonkers?

2 hours ago, candyflip said:

Am I reading this right - your first post in 11 YEARS?!?!?
Or has the SNA system gone bonkers?

Must have forgotten his password!

25 minutes ago, giddyup1 said:

Has anyone tried the inner sleeves from JB HiFi? I find them great 

Hey Mark.  Yeah mate, I've tried the JB sleeves.  No complaints here, and $10 for 20 sleeves.

On 21/12/2019 at 1:17 PM, ninjagaijin said:

I did enquire to get some directly from him. Unfortunately the money I eat marked for the sleeves had to go to something else the house needed. 
To make it worth it I think I was ordering like 250-500 (depending on friends that may have wanted some) and they were a bit over $50 per 50, delivered. I can check my emails to calculate exactly what the cost was if anyone is interested. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By ThroneofGame
      Item: Original Vintage Knosti Disco-Antistat Record Washing Device
      Price: $70
      Item Condition:  Like new - hardly used - except for the box - it was made about 20 years ago!
      Reason for selling:  I have a VPI record cleaning machine
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
      Extra Info:  This is the German-made - pre-unification (says Made in W. Germany) - original version of probably the most economical record cleaning device on the market!

Cleans 7", 10" and 12" Records  All fluids etc are supplied in the box. Manual Record Cleaner. This is a very cost effective wet cleaning system for LP’s. Supplied with Full instructions and 1.0 Litres of Cleaning Fluid Easy To Use Excellent Value Extra Cleaning Fluid Easily obtainable
      Submerges a record in a bath of cleaning fluid.
      The principle is simple, two discs with a 100mm diameter, clamp each side of the record's label, thus protecting it during cleaning, this then rests in a groove at the top of the rectangular cleaning bath, the bath is topped up with supplied cleaning fluid, the record is then rotated around its central axis. As the record passes through the bath, two sets of brushes clean each side of the album. Once you’re happy with the results simply remove the record and centre clamps, and place your clean album on the rack to dry. Because the cleaning solution contains wetting agent, records dry without smears. When cleaning is complete, pour your used cleaning fluid from the bath through a filtering funnel back into you cleaning fluid bottle for re-use.

Read Marc Rushton's reveiw here:  https://www.stereo.net.au/reviews/review-knosti-disco-antistat-record-cleaner

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

• By mrf0ster
      tem: Pro-Ject Spin-Clean Record Washer System
      Price: Price Reduction, 50 bucks. Any one?
      Item Condition: Excellent
      Reason for selling: NLR
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, COD Only
      Extra Info: 
      I have used this on all my old and new records and I am quite happy with its result. I have always used distilled water for cleaning and the brushes are in as new soft and unworn condition. There is not much cleaning liquid left (Around 10% or less) and the two provided drying cloths are no longer available. These items can be bought separately on line. I would not worry too much about the drying cloths as any soft cotton or soft microfiber cloth would do the job. 

The full kit, which includes a full bottle of washer and two drying cloths, is available on line for $135.  Pick up only at this stage but if you want it delivered, I would estimate the postage cost to be around $20 to $40 due to its size?

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

• By mrf0ster
      Item: Pro-Ject Spin-Clean Record Washer System
      Price: 80.00
      Item Condition: Excellent
      Reason for selling: NLR
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, COD Only
      Extra Info: 
      I have used this on all my old and new records and I am quite happy with its result. I have always used distilled water for cleaning and the brushes are in as new soft and unworn condition. There is not much cleaning liquid left (Around 10% or less) and the two provided drying cloths are no longer available. These items can be bought separately on line. I would not worry too much about the drying cloths as any soft cotton or soft microfiber cloth would do the job. 

The full kit, which includes a full bottle of washer and two drying cloths, is available on line for $135.  Pick up only at this stage but if you want it delivered, I would estimate the postage cost to be around $20 to $40 due to its size?

Pictures:

• By EV Cali
      Have been considering purchasing a Record cleaning machine for some time but found the cost of commercial machines quite prohibitive.
      With the dawn of 3D printers, wands for vacuum machines have become cheaper but after much searching of the web, consensus appears to be that the best result is from Ultrasonic baths.
      Ultrasonic baths can now be had for a reasonable price and again consensus appears to be that the 40kh units are ok, with the commercial cleaners using this frequency.
      That led me to look at ways to suspend the records over the bath and turn them.

The “Vinyl Stack” http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/161402849405?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT is a really neat solution but the machine plus post is around $500, so my next thought was could I make something as good, cheaper.

My solution was arrived at after looking at what others had done and some trial and error.
      The platform for my machine is made out of an IKEA cutting board and I used three more to complete all the other parts.
      The motor for turning the records is a BBQ Rotisserie motor. 
      http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/171563301027?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

The rod for suspending the records is an old tent pole and the brass ferule that holds them in position, originally held the spindle for a Turntable, I just drilled it right through so I could slip it on the rod.
      The discs were cut with a hole saw and the foam is 6mm, self-adhesive, closed cell from Clark Rubber. All the parts are screwed together.
      The Bath came through ebay.
      http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/322171248214?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I have now cleaned around a dozen LP’s and I am quite happy with the results.

All up the cost has been around $250
      Motor $28
      Bath   $185
      Foam Rubber $15.50
      Ikea cutting boards $12

I would probably do some things differently, if I made a second one, find a slightly thicker board for one and I am sure there will be some fine tuning over the next few weeks, plus some experimentation with cleaning solution, time and temperature  but I think it establishes that anyone with a few tools and a bit of time can make a RCM for a reasonable cost.

By Guest
      I'm floating an idea here for like minding vinyl lovers. Not sure if its workable or not but here goes …….
      I had a set of records cleaned by the Audio Desk Systeme Vinyl Cleaner and the results were amazing. Better than any of my various routines before including vacuum machines.
      http://www.stereophile.com/content/audio-desk-systeme-vinyl-cleaner
      Now one of these machines would set you back 4K. I personally don’t have that kind of money. But, I am just wondering, would there be people out there that would possibly consider going 1/2 1/3 or 1/4? Again not sure how to work out the details of how this would work, but hey I'm putting the idea out there.
      Maybe someone else had done a share arrangement on other equipment and could share there experiences? Any thoughts, pitfalls advice appreciated!
      Cheers, Mark