Replacement LP inner sleeves

MoFi sleeves are the way to go, IMO. :thumb:

Mind you, that Keith fella is a shifty looking character! :D  (@cheeky boy)

Andy

Hey, I resemble that remark!! :D And you're right, they are the way to go and we've sold literally thousands of them and not one complaint from any user.

Nope Andy.  personally I hate mofi sleeves in both form and function. :emot-bang:

plain ole u shaped el cheapo poly sleeves for albums that have a cardboard lyric sheet.

covers33 polylined paper for albums with only paper sleeves - slightly cut off on each corner for easy insertion and removal. :thumb:

example of each below and works a treat for my 5000 odd albums.

Hi Shane, it's a good tip to clip the corners off and although personally I don't have a problem with the MoFi inner sleeves, I have cut the corners off a few like in the pic below and it does stop that bunching up at the corners if they're a bit tight to get into the album jacket. :thumb:

Edit: I kinda like the arrows on the MoFi sleeves, not so much so I know where to put the record in, but I can see where to take it out when I pull it out of the album jacket.

Cheers,

Keith

post-105039-0-35611800-1453858522_thumb.

Edited by cheekyboy
  • Like 1

Hey, I resemble that remark!! :D And you're right, they are the way to go and we've sold literally thousands of them and not one complaint from any user.

Hi Shane, it's a good tip to clip the corners off and although personally I don't have a problem with the MoFi inner sleeves, I have cut the corners off a few like in the pic below and it does stop that bunching up at the corners if they're a bit tight to get into the album jacket. :thumb:

Cheers,

Keith

attachicon.gifMoFi inner sleeve mod.jpg

Hi Keith

You should ask MOFI to that with all their sleeves  :)

• Like 2

Yeah I could ask them to do that, but I'm sure you know what the answer would be! :D

Cheers,

Keith

Well they're cretins if they don't take your opinions on board Keith, the square corners are a proper pain and cutting them off leaves open the door for foreign matter to get in, those little bits of cardboard and paper floating about inside an album cover.

I like the feel of the MOFI sleeves and once a record is washed and cleaned they do a good job of keeping them that way but I'll not be cutting the edges off mine and I'll not be buying any more while they remain square. Bad design imo.

• Like 2

Well they're cretins if they don't take your opinions on board Keith, the square corners are a proper pain and cutting them off leaves open the door for foreign matter to get in, those little bits of cardboard and paper floating about inside an album cover.

I like the feel of the MOFI sleeves and once a record is washed and cleaned they do a good job of keeping them that way but I'll not be cutting the edges off mine and I'll not be buying any more while they remain square. Bad design imo.

FFs - you just fold 1 corner in, before you insert the MoFi sleeve ... or sometimes both.  What's the problem?  :P :P

Andy

Nope Andy.  personally I hate mofi sleeves in both form and function. :emot-bang:

plain ole u shaped el cheapo poly sleeves for albums that have a cardboard lyric sheet.

covers33 polylined paper for albums with only paper sleeves - slightly cut off on each corner for easy insertion and removal. :thumb:

example of each below and works a treat for my 5000 odd albums.

24527190912_fd745bbc21_h.jpg

Damn, 5000 albums. No wonder you you stick with the shopping bag sleeves  :P

Damn, 5000 albums. No wonder you you stick with the shopping bag sleeves  :P

The overpriced shopping bag sleeves are the mofi sleeves.  They can't seem to do the simple job of fitting an LP snugly. :D

We even have members recommending to cut corners off or fold corners to enable easier insertion. LOL  :emot-bang:     and people seem to like paying extra for these :hiccup

Anyway, I have had my fun. :P

• Like 3

Yeah Lee, each to his own I guess, but I really don't have any problem with the square bottoms, but I don't think MoFi would listen even if I did bother to suggest they round the bottom of their sleeves. I don't have any of those bits of cardboard and paper floating around inside my album jackets, but I suppose it's not beyond the realms of possibility though. The sleeves with the corners removed, still make a very good seal to dust etc, but before we started selling the MoFi sleeves years ago, I bought hundreds of good quality round bottom poly sleeves made in Japan and I'm largely still working through those when I need a replacement sleeve.

Cheers,

Keith

Edited by cheekyboy

• 2 weeks later...

There are some Poly-lined ones at Rocking Horse in QLD. http://rockinghorse.net/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=12766

I have visited this store twice to try and get these. They don't have them anymore. I just bought some standard round bottomed poly sleeves instead. The vinyl section in that store is a shambles too. New records and second hand all mixed in together. If there is any logic to the way they've organised it I can't figure it out.

That site doesn't seem to like the Nagaoka 102 sleeves.

I think they are great.

Thin, rounded, fit in cardboard sleeves, antistatic, relatively cheap.

I find them too thin and flimsy. They make me look clumsy.

Guest soundandpictures

agreed jake.

the nagaokas are more expensive than mo-fi ?

i keep a few nagas for those tight and/or undersized sleeves that won't take a mo-fi.

Sorry, I hate the square bottomed ones! I find them annoying and impractical. Have just ordered some 'polyethylene' round bottoms for $11 for 25. Cheapest I've seen Nagoka 102's for is around $38 for 50. Not too bad, and might try them when I'm a bit more financial. ATM, the cheapest non-Nagoka 'anti-static' inner sleeves I've seen is 100 for $38 on ebay. Although I'm not so sure the 'anti static' feature is entirely essential, everyone has a carbon fibre brush these days, and they seem to do a proficient job of removing static prior to play. My two cents worth! :)

Edited by stevoz

Sorry, I hate the square bottomed ones! I find them annoying and impractical. Have just ordered some 'polyethylene' round bottoms for $11 for 25. Cheapest I've seen Nagoka 102's for is around $38 for 50. Not too bad, and might try them when I'm a bit more financial. ATM, the cheapest non-Nagoka 'anti-static' inner sleeves I've seen is 100 for $38 on ebay. Although I'm not so sure the 'anti static' feature is entirely essential, everyone has a carbon fibre brush these days, and they seem to do a proficient job of removing static prior to play. My two cents worth! :)

Where did you get them from?

Where did you get them from?

The polyethylene ones I ordered were from an Ebay seller in Queensland called 'recordshed'. They also sell 50 for $21, or 100 for $40.90. The non Nagoka 'anti-static' ones I mentioned are from a Victorian seller called 'gugu 1983888' and are actually $32.98 for 100. Sounds pretty cheap! :)

• Like 1

The polyethylene ones I ordered were from an Ebay seller in Queensland called 'recordshed'. They also sell 50 for $21, or 100 for $40.90. The non Nagoka 'anti-static' ones I mentioned are from a Victorian seller called 'gugu 1983888' and are actually $32.98 for 100. Sounds pretty cheap! :)

Thanks I just ordered 50 from the recordshed to try.

• Like 1

I have visited this store twice to try and get these. They don't have them anymore. I just bought some standard round bottomed poly sleeves instead. The vinyl section in that store is a shambles too. New records and second hand all mixed in together. If there is any logic to the way they've organised it I can't figure it out.

When was the last time you were in there?

I ask because Rick from EGG now shares that space (I often bought sleeves off Rick when he was at west end, and when he was in the queen street mall before that), could be a very different situation to what it was if the last visit was some time ago.

Might be worth another visit, It's all downstairs but pretty much where it was before, in that side bit of the mall.

Guest soundandpictures

Nags can be had for NZD25 for 50 over here.

Instead of throwing away the paper sleeves so prevalent today, I'm now putting the nags inside them. The paper adds support.

i used to do that too !

where can you get 50 nagas for $25 ?

they real branded nagas or generics ?

I find them too thin and flimsy. They make me look clumsy.

agreed jake.

the nagaokas are more expensive than mo-fi ?

i keep a few nagas for those tight and/or undersized sleeves that won't take a mo-fi.

I used to buy the Nagaoka sleeves many years ago.  

IMO, The el cheapo U sleeves are better and actually hold their shape so I no longer buy the Nagaoka sleeves.

I think I'll go back to just using the "thin and flimsy" Nags without the paper sleeve. 

The paper/cardboard just adds thickness. The Nags make it easy to slip the lp into the outer sleeve. They may be thin but I don't see how they are flimsy. They easily slip into the LP without creasing or bending, and I've not had any of them damaged.

Guys, how do you find them "flimsy"?