Replacement LP inner sleeves

I'm just about to purchase a Consonance record cleaning machine (at last !) and now the hunt is on for replacement 12" inner sleeves.  My instinct is for paper or poly-lined paper as I've never really had much success with flimsy plastic inners.

I'm open to advice on this and I'm looking for a source at reasonable  $$ as I will probably need a couple of hundred or so.

Any recommendations?

I use Sweet little Hifi and you could save on postage.I find the paper inner sleeves are a tight fit in some albums.Prefer the  Plastic Inner Sleeve Round Bottom (100 pack) $32.00 If you go the Outer sleeves get some XL for double LPs.

http://sweetlittlehifi.bigcartel.com/

Warrnambool Independent Traders Market

Stall 502
180 Timor Street
Warrnambool
VIC 3280

Open 10am to 5pm, 7 days a week (closed Christmas Day)

Located in Southern end of Warrnambool CBD, (former DeGrandis Building)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Misterioso

I like poly-lined paper.  Not scratchy like raw paper but hold their shape for re-insertion to sleeve.

Can you recommend a source for these?

Mmmm.... not really.  It's been a while since I got them.  My record buying has gone way down so I struggle along by 'shuffling' them if I buy or sell.  If I need to buy some I'd prob start by looking at Sweet Little HiFi as per 'Stump's post above ^^.  That might be where they were from.  Def got mine from within AUst.  Not paying international postage just for those.

Mmmm.... not really.  It's been a while since I got them.  My record buying has gone way down so I struggle along by 'shuffling' them if I buy or sell.  If I need to buy some I'd prob start by looking at Sweet Little HiFi as per 'Stump's post above ^^.  That might be where they were from.  Def got mine from within AUst.  Not paying international postage just for those.

There are some Poly-lined ones at Rocking Horse in QLD. http://rockinghorse.net/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=12766

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

http://store.acousticsounds.com/d/78062/-Rice_Paper_Sleeve_with_QRP_logo-Record_Supplies

These are the same as the MoFi ones but cheaper.

When the AUD was good against the USD it was pretty good value but these days you need to buy a few things to make it worth the freight cost.

http://www.amazon.com/Mobile-Fidelity-Inner-Sleeves-50Pk/dp/B001LQSFKY/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1452483765&sr=8-2&keywords=record+sleeves+inner

The MoFi ones via Amazon might be a cheaper option because their freight prices are much lower than Acoustic Sounds

• 2 weeks later...

http://store.acousticsounds.com/d/78062/-Rice_Paper_Sleeve_with_QRP_logo-Record_Supplies

These are the same as the MoFi ones but cheaper.

When the AUD was good against the USD it was pretty good value but these days you need to buy a few things to make it worth the freight cost.

http://www.amazon.com/Mobile-Fidelity-Inner-Sleeves-50Pk/dp/B001LQSFKY/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1452483765&sr=8-2&keywords=record+sleeves+inner

The MoFi ones via Amazon might be a cheaper option because their freight prices are much lower than Acoustic Sounds

or you could spend a few dollars more and buy them from an Aussie store (like @@Kazz did) who deserves the money far more due to what they contribute to the local audio scene!!!

• Like 2

or you could spend a few dollars more and buy them from an Aussie store (like @@Kazz did) who deserves the money far more due to what they contribute to the local audio scene!!!

http://www.wyndhamaudio.com.au/products/mobile-fidelity-original-master-sleeves

OK, good suggestion. Put the link above for easier reference.

It seems there is more buying options in Australia now then when I first started looking for such things.

Searches online don't always find this stuff locally and Brisbane (where I am) seems to be a bit of a waste land for audio shops.

I wanted to buy locally but the prices are insane.

In Brisbane $42.90 for 25 Original Master Sleeves here http://www.decibelhifi.com.au/mofi-mobile-fidelity-master-sleeves-25/

At lease Wyndham is reasonable at $35.95 for 50.

When the AUD was almost equal to USD it made much more sense to buy records and record supplies from the USA because the price difference was huge, I mean really huge.

So when you are buying 300-400 dollars worth of records and supplies the savings were massive.

These days due to the exchange rate, US vs. AU prices are nearly the same at the right places.

EG: just found Red Eye Records http://www.redeye.com.au/ via this forum and did a comparison on buying a few records.

Compared ordering from Amazon USA with Red Eye and it was only $7.50 more than from Amazon.

Now if only Red Eye had a more friendly website...

http://www.wyndhamaudio.com.au/products/mobile-fidelity-original-master-sleeves

When the AUD was almost equal to USD it made much more sense to buy records and record supplies from the USA because the price difference was huge, I mean really huge.

So when you are buying 300-400 dollars worth of records and supplies the savings were massive.

These days due to the exchange rate, US vs. AU prices are nearly the same at the right places.

Hi Jeff,

It is a lot better for the local buyer if the $AUD and the $USD are close or on par because it gets our pricing a lot closer to the actual US dollar than it is now and when you buy locally the exchange rate and freight cost to get the albums here has already been taken into account. We buy the MoFi sleeves in packs of 50 and I couldn't be bothered splitting the packs to sell them in lots of 25.

Cheers,

Keith

• Like 1

Hi Jeff,

It is a lot better for the local buyer if the $AUD and the $USD are close or on par because it gets our pricing a lot closer to the actual US dollar than it is now and when you buy locally the exchange rate and freight cost to get the albums here has already been taken into account. We buy the MoFi sleeves in packs of 50 and I couldn't be bothered splitting the packs to sell them in lots of 25.

Cheers,

Keith

Keith you're applying the logic that the retailer is passing on the savings when there is currency parity. Not everyone runs their business like you do mate ;)

Hi Jeff,

Cheers,

Keith

Hello Keith

Thanks for your input, much appreciated.

On the flip side with the weak AUD it is great for my clients in the USA because my services to them is cheaper.

BTW packs of 50 are the way to go.  :)

I was unaware of your store and have just been having a poke around and found a few records on your site that I only just ordered from the USA and you have them at better prices than I expected. Shame it is too late to cancel the USA order. Drat!

So in future will be looking to buy from you and other Aussie stores that I can find rather than the USA.

I also see you usually stock (out of stock now) the outer sleeves that I like.

My son in-law was looking for some so I will suggest he check later to see when you have them back in stock.

http://www.wyndhamaudio.com.au/products/lp-outer-sleeves-non-resealable-250um

I ended up buying a pack of MoFi Original Masters sleeves from Wyndham Audio ($35.95 for 50), so I'll see how they compare with the poly-lined paper ones.

you can't go wrong with those. I have also purchased cheap inners from Sleeve City and LPGear and tended to keep the MoFi ones for my newest or best records. Keith is right though, the way the exchange rate is now its pretty much a wash. The MoFi sleeves are very nice.

• Like 1

you can't go wrong with those.

The MoFi sleeves are very nice.

+ Agree.

If I get a records that does not have a nice sleeve (paper only) I replace it with a MoFi sleeve. Well worth it.

BTW if you ever get a record with a square pink sleeve than ditch it straight away.

If you rub them between your fingers you get a powdery greasy feel and these will mark/damage your records.

When I discovered these I went through my entire collection and found heaps of them to replace.

• Like 1

I ended up buying a pack of MoFi Original Masters sleeves from Wyndham Audio ($35.95 for 50), so I'll see how they compare with the poly-lined paper ones.

MoFi sleeves are the way to go, IMO. :thumb:

Mind you, that Keith fella is a shifty looking character! :D  (@cheeky boy)

Andy

• Like 1

MoFi sleeves are the way to go, IMO. :thumb:

Mind you, that Keith fella is a shifty looking character! :D  (@cheeky boy)

Andy

Nope Andy.  personally I hate mofi sleeves in both form and function. :emot-bang:

plain ole u shaped el cheapo poly sleeves for albums that have a cardboard lyric sheet.

covers33 polylined paper for albums with only paper sleeves - slightly cut off on each corner for easy insertion and removal. :thumb:

example of each below and works a treat for my 5000 odd albums.

24527190912_fd745bbc21_h.jpg

• Like 4

Nope Andy.  personally I hate mofi sleeves in both form and function. :emot-bang:

plain ole u shaped el cheapo poly sleeves for albums that have a cardboard lyric sheet.

covers33 polylined paper for albums with only paper sleeves - slightly cut off on each corner for easy insertion and removal. :thumb:

example of each below and works a treat for my 5000 odd albums.

24527190912_fd745bbc21_h.jpg

Aah, well - you Sydney people are strange, Shane.  :P

Andy

Aah, well - you Sydney people are strange, Shane.  :P

Andy

Andy, we Sydney people would probably say logical.   :P   

We have better things to do than balancing the careful insertion and removal of the flimsy square mofi sleeves.  Even when I buy a mofi record, I throw away the mofi sleeve.

heck, mofi treat the customer as dumm arrses with large arrows helping the customer know where to insert the lp - DOH!!   :emot-bang:    :)

24609651666_eebbd19934_b.jpg

Edited by metal beat
  • Like 1