Sign in to follow this  
Krispy Audio

SOLD: FS: Wilson-Benesch Trinity speakers

Item: Wilson-Benesch Trinity standmount speakers
Price: $4,950 (retail price $11,250)
Item Condition: Great except for a scratch on one side pictured
Payment Method: Any
Extra Info: See below

Up for sale are my demo pair of Trinitys. They're the silver/black edition. These are affixed to their stands (and so included of course) because the ports are at the base of the cabinet. This allows them to sit closer to your front wall without compromising lower frequency performance. 

RRP is $11,250, and a few months back I was selling these at $7,250. We then had an unfortunate incident where one speaker's side trim panel was scratched in transit. Argh! So I'm dropping another $2.3k on the price. It is only the scratch as pictured and from the listening position you can't see it. If you can live with this blemish, you stand to grab some fantastic speakers at a great price!

Shipping available at an additional $100, or pickup Berowra NSW. Demo's are very welcome too of course.

WBTrinityClose__73482_zoom.png

Frequency Response:  45Hz - 80kHz 

Bass Driver: 1 x 170mm (7") Wilson Benesch W.B. One Bass Mid unit 

Tweeter: 1 x 25mm (1") soft dome, hand painted silk ultra linear Wilson Benesch specification tweeter 

Super Tweeter: 1 x Sphere Ultrasonic Generator, Gold plated Ceramic dome advanced tweeter 

Sensitivity: 89dB

Impedance: 6ohm

Weight: 26kg

Dimensions: 335 x 235 x 300mm (HxWxD)

post-121764-0-80566800-1450005209_thumb.

Edited by Krispy Audio

What size room are these ideal for?

With their port design you could go very small with these, e.g. 2.4 x 3m. I've demo'd these in larger rooms such as 6x8m, and even the local audio club (10x12m) and they not running out of steam with using the minimal power requirements. 

Price drop to $4,500 delivered anywhere in Oz! 

Am interested but I don't know the characteristics of this speaker. I am principally matching up with CD (valve) input for jazz and classical. Is the sound detailed, warm and open?

Guest Sime

Wow, gorgeous. I'd look at those if I was buying my 805's at this point in time.

Hi Roger, these are one of the most transparent speakers I've ever encountered, helped no doubt by the super tweeter. They also exhibit excellent coherency by virtue of having no crossover on the woofer. I would never call them warm, but also not cold. They're a neutral speaker that being highly resolving, will be very sensitive to the nature of the sound upstream. Placement options are very broad given the down-firing ports as well. 

These interest Me TBH.......

A simple Xover design to the tweeter has always impressed IMO. Surprised more Speaker manufactures dont take this approach.. 

If they don't sell in the next couple of weeks I might make a move Cam...

Cheers Tony.

Hi Roger, these are one of the most transparent speakers I've ever encountered, helped no doubt by the super tweeter. They also exhibit excellent coherency by virtue of having no crossover on the woofer. I would never call them warm, but also not cold. They're a neutral speaker that being highly resolving, will be very sensitive to the nature of the sound upstream. Placement options are very broad given the down-firing ports as well. 

No worries Tony. Also happy to hold with a small deposit if you're interested. 

Are you back from Munich Cam?

I'm here man - keen for a demo!?

Just a chat about cartridges bro. Might give you a call tomorrow.

Sold pending payment

that was a bargain!!!

Congratulations on the sale of your item. If you feel you have benefited from using this system for the sale of an item through our classifieds system then please consider making a donation, or purchasing some StereoNET Merchandise.

-------------------------------------

Donation Payment Option

You can make a donation via Paypal (using Credit Card or Paypal Balance), or Direct Deposit.

Click below to make a donation:
donate-button.png

-------------------------------------

Merchandise Purchase Option

You can purchase one of our official StereoNET T-shirts, or other StereoNET merchandise by clicking the following link:
SNA_merch.jpg

Thank you, your support is appreciated and every dollar makes a difference.