Krell tech in Melbourne????

Guest yamaha_man

It may pay to contact the Australian distributors for Krell products ; Audio Marketing P/L in Chatswood,NSW.    info@audiomarketing.com.au    and ask for their advice on the matter of approved repairers in Melbourne. I can understand the reluctance of  audio technicians not to take on all brands of equipment if they cannot obtain   service manuals and  spare parts.Some products are difficult to service  as a result of poor access and layout and others are just not an economical proposition to take on; particularly equipment that has a use by date that just outlasts the warranty period.

Called them before - 10 years ago - they are hopeless. They will not help with Krell products that predate the time they because the distributors. Better to contact Krell directly.

• Administrator

Thread cleaned up. Please keep posts factual, and avoid slinging personal insults at individuals/businesses and we wouldn't have to close them while we clean them.

Be civil, this ain't the pub.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
Guest yamaha_man

I'm trying,no response wont answer my calls.

Going to pay him a personal visit when i get the chance.

Just received an update from an ex member.

Still cant get the pre-amp back as the tech won't answer his phone or door to him.

Classic behaviour that so many of us have experienced from this tech.

Edited by yamaha_man

Which tech? It makes no sense to have a stereo forum when you cant discuss stereo repairs?

Isn't sensibly sharing things with each other like contacts, knowledge and experience (without being slanderous or defamatory) so others dont get burned, the point of participating in a forum like this? If not then what, exactly, is the point of the forum? 

I am struggling to find some one to help me with my amp - if i cant get honest feedback on here is the only option just the old fashioned 'yellow pages' approach?

Its a little confusing to be honest.

• Like 1

• 4 years later...

dont be too quick to blame the service centre. its easy to do and its a face to blame but technicians experience the exact same issues from distributors, manufacturers and parts suppliers. it is only their professionalism that prevents them from telling you this and passing the buck.

As an ex-bench tech (in melb) i know that it was quite common to get a unit in, on the bench and diagnosed within 48 hrs and parts ordered, only to have to put it back on the shelf for 2-3 months before recieving parts. i will not devulge names of which brands were an issue, but the number is higher than you might think. be sure of all the facts before rubbishing someones business people.