Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
Jake

Any cyclists here?

Recommended Posts

So finally back on the bike after a 5 year lay off. I never thought I would ride again after all those KM's and all the crashes and growing back skin (I'm sure you understand).

 

Now its just for some exercise and a bit of fun with mates who have recently taken it up...... still waiting for @fffastfaz to join me.

 

Surprise surprise - I suffered like a dog for the first month but amazing how it comes back to you and loving my new Giant CoMax 1

 

A pic of the new and the old......

 

 

BMC Bike.jpg

Giant Bike.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Mendes said:

So finally back on the bike after a 5 year lay off. I never thought I would ride again after all those KM's and all the crashes and growing back skin (I'm sure you understand).

 

Now its just for some exercise and a bit of fun with mates who have recently taken it up...... still waiting for @fffastfaz to join me.

 

Surprise surprise - I suffered like a dog for the first month but amazing how it comes back to you and loving my new Giant CoMax 1

 

A pic of the new and the old......

 

 

BMC Bike.jpg

Giant Bike.JPG

I prefer the old. A mate of mine has just bought one of these

csm_2018-Teammachine-SLR01-Disc-ONE_04d0

An amazing piece of kit with no visible cables ANYWHERE. I wish I had the $$$ and time to justify one

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


1 hour ago, blybo said:

I prefer the old. A mate of mine has just bought one of these

csm_2018-Teammachine-SLR01-Disc-ONE_04d0

An amazing piece of kit with no visible cables ANYWHERE. I wish I had the $$$ and time to justify one

Yes, they are beautiful, but alas my serious cycling days are behind me, sold all of my road bikes.

Been there done that...and as you say..the time.:cool: the new steed can still be made to go fast when required and easier to get up hills..... check the difference in rear cassette’s....ouch!!

 

Regards..:thumb:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Terrific Milan-San Remo yesterday. Poor old Mark Cavendish doesn't have any luck at all recently and took yet another nasty tumble.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Poor Cav, if I was a fellow pro rider, I'd be careful to never sit in his wheels at the moment, he's a crash magnet.

Great ride by Caleb who did nothing wrong, just beaten by Nibbles who rode the perfect race

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Guess who made the Bicycling Australia magazine. 
18D2ABB4-3C7C-4CB2-BFF8-92404A114845.thumb.jpeg.ad07846fa1571f09f5b989af9879406e.jpeg
You're lost to us here on SNA - only come on here to gloat how you've found a life "outside" !! [emoji3]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is very very close to the Evil One,the facial fuzz the arm movements and perhaps the bike. Gotta love mudflaps.>>>>image.png.587b07b331508b000024b9246afdd9f2.png

 

 

 

Buzz as he realises that that pizza he thought was shite and he flicked  out of his pizza oven and....

 

image.png.5a4401628ac08c21aca01e4d1276d63f.png

 

image.png.c921a9945190edf7a0fd2c5062fad58d.png

 

Strava data, what is that?

 

image.png.4b149a299e09ea9d1378bcd82372bd28.png

image.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Just enjoying the great outdoors Clive. Mate your welcome anytime join our group ride [emoji4] 
You do realize it would be extremely short lived in duration - first side road to pub or cafe I'd be exiting while your mob would be a speck in the distance! ![emoji6]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, buzz lightyear said:

@Luc classic mate first one does look like Clive after a few reds lol 

 

Pffftttt - @Luc is sourcing his file pics from the same dodgy place as  @yamaha_man !! :rolleyes:

 

This is what he looks like for those who don't know! :lol:

20160416_101141.thumb.jpg.ad3fc536d921664d85abff4b0db3b725.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


I was pretty happy in that pic actually as Clive finally stopped yapping for awhile after I asked this question: Drive off the beach to the pub,keep driving on the beach in this howling gale?

 

I think we did rock/ scissors/paper I know the way to the pub....I won.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, evil c said:

Pffftttt - @Luc is sourcing his file pics from the same dodgy place as  @yamaha_man !! :rolleyes:

 

This is what he looks like for those who don't know! :lol:

20160416_101141.thumb.jpg.ad3fc536d921664d85abff4b0db3b725.jpg

You’re wrong Clive, that is Chopper Read ;) 

Edited by Telecine

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/6/2018 at 3:47 PM, Mendes said:

So finally back on the bike after a 5 year lay off. I never thought I would ride again after all those KM's and all the crashes and growing back skin (I'm sure you understand).

 

Now its just for some exercise and a bit of fun with mates who have recently taken it up...... still waiting for @fffastfaz to join me.

 

Surprise surprise - I suffered like a dog for the first month but amazing how it comes back to you and loving my new Giant CoMax 1

 

A pic of the new and the old......

 

 

BMC Bike.jpg

Giant Bike.JPG

God blimey, I'm so out of touch:ohmy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/18/2018 at 7:13 AM, Hergest said:

Poor old Mark Cavendish doesn't have any luck at all recently and took yet another nasty tumble.

Been there, done that, although mine was a dropkick making a right hand turn in front of me. Broke the ankle in the air and came down on it, turning it 90 degrees.

Ohh, I did straighten it though. Meanwhile back in Emergency:(:emot-bang:

Edited by Wimbo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My old rides. 94 Gios Compact. 84 Softy Bob.

 

Twins.thumb.jpg.234e02eeaa6e2796bcaa25abdd53e41a.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest yamaha_man

I’ve just sold my ride today, sad times.

Sellers remorse big time.

704A37F3-7FDF-4172-9148-2E6A4C19DF86.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...