Sign in to follow this  
Jake

Any cyclists here?

So finally back on the bike after a 5 year lay off. I never thought I would ride again after all those KM's and all the crashes and growing back skin (I'm sure you understand).

Now its just for some exercise and a bit of fun with mates who have recently taken it up...... still waiting for @fffastfaz to join me.

Surprise surprise - I suffered like a dog for the first month but amazing how it comes back to you and loving my new Giant CoMax 1

A pic of the new and the old......

BMC Bike.jpg

Giant Bike.JPG

4 hours ago, Mendes said:

So finally back on the bike after a 5 year lay off. I never thought I would ride again after all those KM's and all the crashes and growing back skin (I'm sure you understand).

Now its just for some exercise and a bit of fun with mates who have recently taken it up...... still waiting for @fffastfaz to join me.

Surprise surprise - I suffered like a dog for the first month but amazing how it comes back to you and loving my new Giant CoMax 1

BMC Bike.jpg

Giant Bike.JPG

I prefer the old. A mate of mine has just bought one of these

csm_2018-Teammachine-SLR01-Disc-ONE_04d0

An amazing piece of kit with no visible cables ANYWHERE. I wish I had the $$$ and time to justify one

1 hour ago, blybo said:

I prefer the old. A mate of mine has just bought one of these

csm_2018-Teammachine-SLR01-Disc-ONE_04d0

An amazing piece of kit with no visible cables ANYWHERE. I wish I had the $$$ and time to justify one

Yes, they are beautiful, but alas my serious cycling days are behind me, sold all of my road bikes.

Been there done that...and as you say..the time.:cool: the new steed can still be made to go fast when required and easier to get up hills..... check the difference in rear cassette’s....ouch!!

Regards..:thumb:

Terrific Milan-San Remo yesterday. Poor old Mark Cavendish doesn't have any luck at all recently and took yet another nasty tumble.

Poor Cav, if I was a fellow pro rider, I'd be careful to never sit in his wheels at the moment, he's a crash magnet.

Great ride by Caleb who did nothing wrong, just beaten by Nibbles who rode the perfect race

Guess who made the Bicycling Australia magazine. 
18D2ABB4-3C7C-4CB2-BFF8-92404A114845.thumb.jpeg.ad07846fa1571f09f5b989af9879406e.jpeg
You're lost to us here on SNA - only come on here to gloat how you've found a life "outside" !! [emoji3]

This is very very close to the Evil One,the facial fuzz the arm movements and perhaps the bike. Gotta love mudflaps.>>>>image.png.587b07b331508b000024b9246afdd9f2.png

Buzz as he realises that that pizza he thought was shite and he flicked  out of his pizza oven and....

image.png.5a4401628ac08c21aca01e4d1276d63f.png

image.png.c921a9945190edf7a0fd2c5062fad58d.png

Strava data, what is that?

image.png.4b149a299e09ea9d1378bcd82372bd28.png

image.png

Just enjoying the great outdoors Clive. Mate your welcome anytime join our group ride [emoji4] 
You do realize it would be extremely short lived in duration - first side road to pub or cafe I'd be exiting while your mob would be a speck in the distance! ![emoji6]

Just now, buzz lightyear said:

@Luc classic mate first one does look like Clive after a few reds lol 

Pffftttt - @Luc is sourcing his file pics from the same dodgy place as  @yamaha_man !! :rolleyes:

This is what he looks like for those who don't know! :lol:

20160416_101141.thumb.jpg.ad3fc536d921664d85abff4b0db3b725.jpg

I was pretty happy in that pic actually as Clive finally stopped yapping for awhile after I asked this question: Drive off the beach to the pub,keep driving on the beach in this howling gale?

I think we did rock/ scissors/paper I know the way to the pub....I won.

1 hour ago, evil c said:

Pffftttt - @Luc is sourcing his file pics from the same dodgy place as  @yamaha_man !! :rolleyes:

This is what he looks like for those who don't know! :lol:

20160416_101141.thumb.jpg.ad3fc536d921664d85abff4b0db3b725.jpg

You’re wrong Clive, that is Chopper Read ;) 

Edited by Telecine

On 3/6/2018 at 3:47 PM, Mendes said:

BMC Bike.jpg

Giant Bike.JPG

God blimey, I'm so out of touch:ohmy:

On 3/18/2018 at 7:13 AM, Hergest said:

Poor old Mark Cavendish doesn't have any luck at all recently and took yet another nasty tumble.

Been there, done that, although mine was a dropkick making a right hand turn in front of me. Broke the ankle in the air and came down on it, turning it 90 degrees.

Ohh, I did straighten it though. Meanwhile back in Emergency:(:emot-bang:

Edited by Wimbo

My old rides. 94 Gios Compact. 84 Softy Bob.

Twins.thumb.jpg.234e02eeaa6e2796bcaa25abdd53e41a.jpg

Guest yamaha_man

I’ve just sold my ride today, sad times.

Sellers remorse big time.

704A37F3-7FDF-4172-9148-2E6A4C19DF86.jpeg