My Living Room Setup

Here a update, I have got Focal image the right way around now, And bought a pair of Audioquest Columbia RCA cables that has taken a bit of harshness of my CD's.

Next Upgrade will be a MC Ortofon Quintet Black. MM Bronze that am using now is excellent.

Done 70hrs on the Focal 948 Speakers and they are really coming to life now with the break in time almost done, Mid/ Tweeter is really sounding sweet now.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by sacd87
  • Like 1

@blybo I know right it had me worried if I did the right thing, then said to my self there brand new and will need break in time. I only get to play with my setup 3 days of the week so taken me a while to break them in.

but was the same story with my 826v that I had.

2 minutes ago, Hydrology said:

Get an in-home trial of the IsoTek power conditioners, will transform the system!

Looks great BTW.

Very Strange you mentioning this isotek power conditioner as that the next thing on my upgrade list. Using a belkin PF40 at moment, but got my amp plugged directly into wall.

cheers do you have a isotek?

1 minute ago, sacd87 said:

Very Strange you mentioning this isotek power conditioner as that the next thing on my upgrade list. Using a belkin PF40 at moment, but got my amp plugged directly into wall.

cheers do you have a isotek?

I have some of the Premier cables, but saving up for a Sigma!

Just now, sacd87 said:

Are they pricey?

The Sigmas are $4999, but honestly, even starting from the Polaris (@$599) board is a huge improvement. I too have a PF40 in my Theatre System and the Polaris wipes the floor clean with it. I've been fortunate to trial the Sigma in my stereo setup and quite honestly I cant go back now to anything but the Sigma in that setup!

4 minutes ago, Hydrology said:

The Sigmas are $4999, but honestly, even starting from the Polaris (@$599) board is a huge improvement. I too have a PF40 in my Theatre System and the Polaris wipes the floor clean with it. I've been fortunate to trial the Sigma in my stereo setup and quite honestly I cant go back now to anything but the Sigma in that setup!

5k just for the cable!!?, Have you tested the Isotek?

10 hours ago, Hydrology said:

There is a deal of the Polaris board and three EVO3 cables for $899

Where at? Audio Junction has them for $999.  Do the isotek handle power amps or is your best bet to go directly into wall?

25 minutes ago, sacd87 said:

Where at? Audio Junction has them for $999.  Do the isotek handle power amps or is your best bet to go directly into wall?

Most stores should be offering the $899 package but may not be advertising as such on their websites (i.e. in store only price). Still, at $999, thats a $200 saving.

The cables are just that - cables, but with filtering. The boards and full size components offer conditioning. Ideally you would use the IsoTek cables to an IsoTek conditioner board, however you can just start with their cables (replacing your stock standard power cords) and eventually move up the chain.

Edited by Hydrology
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Hydrology said:

Most stores should be offering the $899 package but may not be advertising as such on their websites (i.e. in store only price). Still, at $999, thats a $200 saving.

The cables are just that - cables, but with filtering. The boards and full size components offer conditioning. Ideally you would use the IsoTek cables to an IsoTek conditioner board, however you can just start with their cables (replacing your stock standard power cords) and eventually move up the chain.

Might give my local shop a call and see what price can be done.

I'll probably get the package with the 3 cables as that all I really need. Am still a bit worried about plugging my Amplifier into it, I only got 2 outputs from the wall and the cinema side of things is on the right. My pre and CD player and TT is plugged into the BF40 Belkin at moment but want to separate my Music setup from cinema side of things.

1 hour ago, Hydrology said:

Not quite sure what your concern is? You're supposed to plug things into it!

I was told power conditioner are not very good for Amplifiers as Amplifiers need peak current. Was told to unplug my M6 amp from my belkin and plug into wall. Just wondering if this is the same for the isotek?.

17 hours ago, sacd87 said:

I was told power conditioner are not very good for Amplifiers as Amplifiers need peak current. Was told to unplug my M6 amp from my belkin and plug into wall. Just wondering if this is the same for the isotek?.

Do some research and you will get the answers you seek. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I sold of my Focals last week to make a very big upgrade. I bought some Audio Physic Virgo Speakers and they just fantastic, hearing so much more detail in the recordings now. Female vocals is just so clean and natural it feels like there in my living room preforming in front of me. Couldn't be happier, and sort of a Christmas present to my self hehe.

here some pictures 

Everyone Have a Great Christmas and a Happy New year!

IMG_1945.JPG

IMG_1946.JPG

• Like 2

• 2 years later...

Haven’t been on here in awhile But I’ll thought I would show you my Musical Fidleity A5 player, still need to add it into my audio rack and fine a spot for my Marantz SACD player. 

So far couldn’t be happier with my purchase, Will upload more pictures soon of my latest setup.

D7B82F3E-BE23-4A31-932C-3B04CD1CBC65.jpeg

• Like 1