Jump to content

Tubularbells

Anyone else into BBQ?

Recommended Posts

Cooked up a pork shoulder so decided to make some sliders for dinner. 

 

Pulled pork with mustard slaw on brioche bun.

 

20191118_132244.thumb.jpg.cb87e95f567ca9b241eae1111cb8d9ec.jpg

 

20191118_181155.thumb.jpg.e5eaa401810fa70a4caa0b2876895823.jpg

 

20191118_181140.thumb.jpg.713529946cf4ccf140ec7321892df62d.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cold smoked salmon with a maple and dill cure. Going to have some epic bagels tomorrow I hope!

 

20191121_125103.thumb.jpg.130504846ed4102cbd0ebe8fd12ba62e.jpg

Edited by Tubularbells

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Tubularbells said:

Cold smoked salmon with a maple and dill cure. Going to have some epic bagels tomorrow I hope!

 

20191121_125103.thumb.jpg.130504846ed4102cbd0ebe8fd12ba62e.jpg

Aaah so it’s tomorrow you need me to pop over ?? 😂😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ps It’s total fire ban today... watch your neighbours don’t dob you in. 😳

Edited by jakeyb77

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


1 hour ago, jakeyb77 said:

Ps It’s total fire ban today... watch your neighbours don’t dob you in. 😳

Cold smoke dude vs the hot s**t that burns stuff down. No naked flames (nor naked anything unfortunately lol) around the church today mate.

 

Besides my neighbours a firey with a big hose just in case. He was over a few mins ago asking what smelt so good and gave me a thumbs up haha.

20191121_125103.jpg

Edited by Tubularbells

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thinking of smoking some of these Habs and making a rub for a brisket in time for Christmas.

 

IMG_0145.thumb.JPG.de0a3e9dd73675ecbffa0ed9364efdaf.JPG

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Careful with those Habanero's Batty they are quite delicate, I ruined the first batch I tried, ended up crispy and the smoke flavour they took on was hash. 

Best result I had was low heat, well away from the source gave them heaps of smoke (mesquite) but for only a couple of hours. Took them off while they were still firm and holding shape. I wrapped them in paper towels and put them in a dry place for a few weeks to dry out. 

Worked but not the ideal pepper for smoking, I don't particularly like the habanero flavour anyway, but could work in a rub? 

 

The purest will tell you Jalapeño's are the ones for smoking and the only pepper that becomes the chipotle after smoking. You wouldn't put them in a rub, my ones anyway, they are leathery oily pods of goodness that after touching leave a smoke flavour on your fingers for days. 

 

For me they are best used in Mexican cooking 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was feeling a bit hungry yesterday. Marinated wings, homemade bacon & egg sausage and a a rack of babyback ribs.

 

Actually for those that dont know ive recently started a catering company called Deviil's Grill so this (ironically) was some of the food for a church event. 

 

20191211_171322.thumb.jpg.e3fcb04043726e4943b2cc6a0df64183.jpg

 

20191211_172217.thumb.jpg.2794f1b78aa5ac81f1f52b2139e12e97.jpg

 

20191211_171236.thumb.jpg.2b30de20b1d4f2288d558132c76d8b4a.jpg 

 

My two helpers....

 

20191211_171129.thumb.jpg.c7cea157531a08b9d594f761cd8fdd3b.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Tubularbells said:

Was feeling a bit hungry yesterday. Marinated wings, homemade bacon & egg sausage and a a rack of babyback ribs.

 

Actually for those that dont know ive recently started a catering company called Deviil's Grill so this (ironically) was some of the food for a church event. 

 

20191211_171322.thumb.jpg.e3fcb04043726e4943b2cc6a0df64183.jpg

 

20191211_172217.thumb.jpg.2794f1b78aa5ac81f1f52b2139e12e97.jpg

 

20191211_171236.thumb.jpg.2b30de20b1d4f2288d558132c76d8b4a.jpg 

 

My two helpers....

 

20191211_171129.thumb.jpg.c7cea157531a08b9d594f761cd8fdd3b.jpg

Great helpers!!! 
And as usual you’ve done an amazing job mate 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...