Tubularbells

Anyone else into BBQ?

3 hrs in @ 265 first look and a spritz - normally I cook a little lower but following a Central Texan Thang today, Mesquite logs and a hint of American Oak 

IMG_0929.thumb.jpg.eb696d7321f48f863871d1763426247d.jpg

I fired up the Kamado and did a slew of chicken thighs. I marinated them in green curry paste, pork rub, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, Nostimini and coconut milk. Yum, and quite hot!

Not quite the bowels of the church, more of a chapel appendix 

IMG_0660.thumb.PNG.0d879a67fbdf39e617a5c5556fc5d565.PNG

Sausages, Burnt Ends and poppers

IMG_0662.thumb.PNG.7b24eeeab2eecc51867ba6da25e50d53.PNG

full spread

IMG_0661.thumb.PNG.e3475115ed5e57f8cde686e98dee41a3.PNG

1 minute ago, Powerglide said:

Not quite the bowels of the church, more of a chapel appendix 

IMG_0660.thumb.PNG.0d879a67fbdf39e617a5c5556fc5d565.PNG

Sausages, Burnt Ends and poppers

IMG_0662.thumb.PNG.7b24eeeab2eecc51867ba6da25e50d53.PNG

full spread

IMG_0661.thumb.PNG.e3475115ed5e57f8cde686e98dee41a3.PNG

Looks serious enough to me...:thumb:

Cooking for a wedding event. 2 briskets, 3 pork shoulders, 4 racks of beef shorties, blue smoked coleslaw, mac n' cheese & cornbread. 

Brisket & ribs about to go in 7am today

20200123_074341.thumb.jpg.27253d40bc4bb4b7f56f4e34dad8ff44.jpg

7 hours later briskets starting to look good

20200123_131234.thumb.jpg.7953787f89ce71089a7aa7cf8e0f4e27.jpg

Ribs done

20200123_130715.thumb.jpg.a32fe7e74a08b1e447c9675b54daa132.jpg

Cheese sauce for Mac n' Cheese (very healthy this on with  nearly 1kg cheese, ton of heavy cream, sour cream, butter and a ton of mayo!)

20200123_092509.thumb.jpg.bc362810d74ee42ff90e4d3cf2581c05.jpg

Blue smoked slaw dressing done

20200123_113858.thumb.jpg.710be7ca11658eb6504d210a9d68e163.jpg

Bacon BBQ sauce (for brisket) using 1kg of bacon I made a few weeks ago. Smoked and reduced for 7 hours

20200123_131348.jpg

Edited by Tubularbells

26 minutes ago, Tubularbells said:

Cheese sauce for Mac n' Cheese (very healthy this on with  nearly 1kg cheese, ton of heavy cream, sour cream, butter and a ton of mayo!)

It's the Mac that's bad for you, fat is not the enemy!

And yes, I'm back on my Keto diet... 🤘

I've been finding it difficult to get the Kamado fired up of late. Hasn't been used since Christmas.

Edited by blybo

10 minutes ago, blybo said:

It's the Mac that's bad for you, fat is not the enemy!

And yes, I'm back on my Keto diet... 🤘

I've been finding it difficult to get the Kamado fired up of late. Hasn't been used since Christmas.

Tis' Indeed sir. Im doing a dirty keto atm and lost 4kg in the past 3 weeks! Only 100 to go 😂

Edited by Tubularbells
spelling as usual

@blybo  tried a fresh batch of charcoal? Otherwise the only other thing it could be is a blocked intake.

3 minutes ago, Tubularbells said:

@blybo  tried a fresh batch of charcoal? Otherwise the only other thing it could be is a blocked intake.

Yeah, new batch and temps can get up to 700 now, just not time to even light the stuff :sad:

6 minutes ago, Tubularbells said:

Tis' Indeed sir. Im doing a dirty keto atm and lost 4kg in the past 3 weeks! Only 100 to go 😂

Well done. My keto is dirty too. I love cured meats too much. But having a salad with canned tuna for late lunch

@blybo Probably not for a food related thread but another thing im trying is alternate day fasting whereby you can eat like a pig one day and starve the next. Check it out. That said im also cutting out on sugar in coffee and minimising carbs as much as possible but most importantly am trying not to have 3 helpings at dinnertime 😆

6 minutes ago, Tubularbells said:

@blybo Probably not for a food related thread but another thing im trying is alternate day fasting whereby you can eat like a pig one day and starve the next. Check it out. That said im also cutting out on sugar in coffee and minimising carbs as much as possible but most importantly am trying not to have 3 helpings at dinnertime 😆

Yeah I do the 16/8 fasting but struggle with midnight snacks at times. Getting thru to lunch isn't that hard though. It's not pleasant, but apple cider vinegar concoctions make fasting much easier. I have a dash of vinegar, juice of half a lime, 1 twist of the salt grinder and around 150ml of water and stir. You have to skull it and then wash it down with more water. This does not break the fast. The salt apparently helps as you excrete lots of minerals when fasting. I also take a magnesium supplement on days I'm fasting.

Early morning delivery today with some mega hot sauces for an upcoming BBQ.

1893B35B-251E-47B8-AB9C-7EF548C25E39.thumb.jpeg.708384d89bcd237efcaae64ea28dc7f1.jpeg

1B8A5245-0D0C-4EA0-BB3A-BB13A4C4F942.png.98cf8631eda8ef01c7ce0a685212ecfc.png

Edited by audiohippo

Light tea last night, smoked porterhouse and Barossa Mississippi sausages for 2.

IMG_0084.thumb.JPG.588ab184a90414c7ba2440da887bff2f.JPG

14 hours ago, audiohippo said:

1893B35B-251E-47B8-AB9C-7EF548C25E39.thumb.jpeg.708384d89bcd237efcaae64ea28dc7f1.jpeg

Crikey Ay Caramba ....🌶🌶🌶🌶🌶🤯

Simple Aussie Day Holiday dinner,

Piri Piri Chicken and Greek herbs with Himalayan lemon infused salt Chicken cooked in the Weber with wood chips .

Served with baked Potatoes, Pumpkin and salad.

Good as it needs to be! 😊

20200127_193928.jpg

decided to give hamburgers a go for first time on the webber Q...

did poke @joz for his famous hamburger recipe... but he is obviously still submerged...

anyways turned out wife had made some meat balls for bolognese the other day and hand plenty left over she quickly converted to hamburgers... breadcrumbs egg to bind. garlic, dill, onions, and corriander pepper and salt nothing more fancy in ingredients...

IMG_0623.jpeg

was wondering how was best to cook, took a peek here 4 min a side and medium seemed recommendation

https://www.weber.com/AU/en/recipes/red-meat/beef-burgers/weber-193093.html

anyways burgers were go !  - used the @Tubularbells donated half plate

IMG_0624.jpeg

and i can tell you 4 min a side...medium heat on webber Q ... they were absolutely scrumptious !  - juicy tasty ! :D  yum we are going back to this one....

IMG_0626.jpeg

Nothing fancy you say @betty boop but wow look at the ingredients (killer combo you got there I reckon).

My "plain" burgers comprise of nothing other than beef pepper & salt! 

Oh and a little tip next time you visit the labyrinth of doom that is IKEA pick up one of those GRILLTIDER pattie forming thingies for about $10. Used mine a bit and a  quite pleased with the results. Glad to also see the hotplate getting some love too 👍

47 minutes ago, Tubularbells said:

Oh and a little tip next time you visit the labyrinth of doom that is IKEA pick up one of those GRILLTIDER pattie forming thingies for about $10. Used mine a bit and a  quite pleased with the results. Glad to also see the hotplate getting some love too 👍

Thanks tb, one more ingredient wife reminded me was little Parmesan ... which I think left over from the meat ball :D

Thanks for ikea tip ! We are due back there for a shelf so will grab the grilltider same time :)

10 hours ago, betty boop said:

decided to give hamburgers a go for first time on the webber Q...

did poke @joz for his famous hamburger recipe... but he is obviously still submerged...

anyways turned out wife had made some meat balls for bolognese the other day and hand plenty left over she quickly converted to hamburgers... breadcrumbs egg to bind. garlic, dill, onions, and corriander pepper and salt nothing more fancy in ingredients...

IMG_0623.jpeg

was wondering how was best to cook, took a peek here 4 min a side and medium seemed recommendation

https://www.weber.com/AU/en/recipes/red-meat/beef-burgers/weber-193093.html

anyways burgers were go !  - used the @Tubularbells donated half plate

IMG_0624.jpeg

and i can tell you 4 min a side...medium heat on webber Q ... they were absolutely scrumptious !  - juicy tasty ! :D  yum we are going back to this one....

IMG_0626.jpeg

Sorry Al, was planning on getting back to you but totally forgot.

Mine is lots of finely chopped onion,egg, either a generous amount of chopped parsley or basil(use the tubed stuff from coles then keep any unused in the freezer) depending on the spices added. I'm a big fan of Cumin and Chilli, Moroccan or Tex Mex. 

Extra onion and greens keeps the moisture content up.

57 minutes ago, joz said:

Sorry Al, was planning on getting back to you but totally forgot.

Mine is lots of finely chopped onion,egg, either a generous amount of chopped parsley or basil(use the tubed stuff from coles then keep any unused in the freezer) depending on the spices added. I'm a big fan of Cumin and Chilli, Moroccan or Tex Mex. 

Extra onion and greens keeps the moisture content up.

Ooh very nice !!  Like sounds of all that, will give a go and plenty variations there to experiment with reckon :)

I've tried most of the fancy ingredients and nearly all make great meatballs or meat loaf or just the patties; but for burgers in rolls I'm with Tubularbells on the plain but with the addition of garlic powder sprinkled on the outside.

One thing that stops the patties from getting thick in the middle or becoming cup shaped is to press a dent in the centre with a thumb.

3 minutes ago, GregWormald said:

I've tried most of the fancy ingredients and nearly all make great meatballs or meat loaf or just the patties; but for burgers in rolls I'm with Tubularbells on the plain but with the addition of garlic powder sprinkled on the outside.

One thing that stops the patties from getting thick in the middle or becoming cup shaped is to press a dent in the centre with a thumb.

yeah i noticed this later in the webber Q recipe as well on making dent in middle ! will try that next time :)

I'll be firing up the Kamado on Sunday but only the Weber Q tonight, just doing the standard sausages and chops for family dinner. Mighty Costco pork ribs once again on Sunday for dinner but might stick in some chicken thighs in for lunch as well.

On 25/01/2020 at 5:04 PM, audiohippo said:

These look quite serious - where did you sauce them from? 😂

Seriously though, I am actually very interested - where do you get this stuff from? I'm guessing not Coles?!