Sign in to follow this  
Jebediah

Aldi selling records

Could only get to Aldi's at 1.30 to day and expected not to find any thing there. Still had three copies of the Stones Exile . When paying for it,after putting through my bread and milk the woman on the check out looked at the record and said ,did you get that here? I did not know we sold those.

I have an original copy but just thought it would be nice to have a unplayed one .And yes in-line with Bill's comments, it plays great. Shop was Stafford ,Brisbane . 

Edited by EVcali

I bought the Katy Perry one for a laught. thats all they had, and Cosmo's Factory. Might check out some other stores tomorrow.

For those interested in brissy. There are still plenty of albums left at Carindale as at Friday afternoon

post-147118-0-44656100-1447397670_thumb.

But do they still have katy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But do they still have katy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hope not

I grabbed a copy of KP's album for my daughter....no really, It was for her...lol,

Actually I wasn't expecting much in the way of SQ, being a picture disc and all, but I was pleasantly surprised.

Most will be on walls of so called hipsters in those IKEA frames

There's an Ikea frame for vinyl?? What's it called?

Non at Bass Hill NSW......."suppose to show up don't know where they are" was the reply after questioning...

When into ALDI to have a look, weird place. Lazy check out chicks, sit down and you have to pack your self.

Not many records, disappointing I couldn't find an LP by Godspeed You! Black emperor cause I really wanted one of theirs.

Who's Katy Perry?

When into ALDI to have a look, weird place. Lazy check out chicks, sit down and you have to pack your self.

Not many records, disappointing I couldn't find an LP by Godspeed You! Black emperor cause I really wanted one of theirs.

Who's Katy Perry?

Good looker. Crap music

Who's Katy Perry?

The fave artist of @@Bill125812

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The fave artist of @@Bill125812

I used to like you

I used to like you

f86d800b1983a3bde287d257a0c5c3fc.jpg

Say that again

f86d800b1983a3bde287d257a0c5c3fc.jpg

Say that again

Ok I still like you.

She's hot great eyes

Ok I still like you.

She's hot great eyes

Was gonna say what eyes but yeah she does.

Went to a record store in the city yesterday and noticed some familiar titles on the shelf .... 40 bucks each!! Cheeky buggers.

Saw an old chook in Echuca store grabbing everything she could get her hands on , only to realise after I told her, that she was grabbing two of everything as the pictures were different on each side of the album cover ( otherwise I would have missed out on Abbey Road ). Caught up in the moment I guess. Not opened yet !

Went to a record store in the city yesterday and noticed some familiar titles on the shelf .... 40 bucks each!! Cheeky buggers.

What's that got to do with anything? Aldi might well have been stocking the records as loss leaders purely to get people into the store where hopefully they will buy other products that Aldi make a profit on. Every supermarket and large store, K-Mart etc do this. An independent record store in a city paying city rates simply can't afford to compete in that situation. It's a race to the bottom and eventually all you are left with is Aldi and their choice of 20 titles or they turn around and put their prices up to reflect the real price with profit on top.

What's that got to do with anything? Aldi might well have been stocking the records as loss leaders purely to get people into the store where hopefully they will buy other products that Aldi make a profit on. Every supermarket and large store, K-Mart etc do this. An independent record store in a city paying city rates simply can't afford to compete in that situation. It's a race to the bottom and eventually all you are left with is Aldi and their choice of 20 titles or they turn around and put their prices up to reflect the real price with profit on top.

It's just an observation @@Hergest . It's a great little shop and I buy lots of stuff from them. Incidentally Abbey Road was one of them which I just bought from JB for $20 so it pays to shop around.

Funny

I would have thought in 2015 that any self respecting music lover and audiophile would already own The Beatles - Abbey Road on vinyl. 

I guess I am wrong  :D

It's just an observation @@Hergest . It's a great little shop and I buy lots of stuff from them. Incidentally Abbey Road was one of them which I just bought from JB for $20 so it pays to shop around.

But it didn't stop you calling them cheeky buggers and putting 2 exclamation marks after $40 to show your shock because they sell records at a higher cost than an Aldi budget supermarket.

I'm glad to hear it's a great little shop and that you buy lots of stuff from them, hopefully they continue in business with such a tough environment to sell records in.

But it didn't stop you calling them cheeky buggers and putting 2 exclamation marks after $40 to show your shock because they sell records at a higher cost than an Aldi budget supermarket

Was just a lighthearted comment. I should have used the tongue out moji

Maybe they bouight a heap at Aldi and then just added 15 bucks on top and then just put them on their shelves?